Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Honest opinion… even if it hurts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sb support link
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

We run small business support link, our website is http://www.sbsupportlink.com.au.

My business parter and I have both significant time building our business and have a large number of followers and networks.

We operate solely to bring business transactions to our members.

What I believe we do well:
    1. We have a seamless free small business directory listing where you can register your listing for free and it only takes 4 minutes.
    2. We give our members free transactions without asking for commission
    3. We channel overseas business as well as Australian business to our members

What I believe we don’t do well:
    1. People perceive us as just another free directory and ignore all our behind-the-scenes benefits
    2. Our SEO and backlinks needs improvement
    3. Spend too much time on Facebook and other social media which I would like to reduce soon

What do you think?

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

I think you need to fix some links.

Some of your lead ads don’t work … went to a PDF, that didn’t load (Firefox and Safari on a Mac).

Went to “how it works” >> “business solutions” … more >> “design drafting something”, and got a “404 thats an error … url missing” message.

Sb support link
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Thankyou estim8.

We will be updating the improvement on things such as the links.

Thanks for your honest feedback

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up
    Sb support link , post: 191122 wrote:
    Thankyou estim8.

We will be updating the improvement on things such as the links.

Thanks for your honest feedback

Sorry, couldn’t get past the busted links … your idea seems sound, even though directories tend to be done to death.

Your add ons may be the difference, but if everything doesn’t work properly people like me are gonna hit the back button.

My only other suggestion would be. You seem to have some good content available in downloadable PDF’s. Wouldn’t you get better SEO benefit if all that content was available for indexing in a HTML page?

Cheers

Unifx
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

I like the overall design, Will you be listing more than just a link as google rates sites with just links and no content poorly so this would probably be toxic if so.

Add more padding for the categories

• for height as some font icons are overlapping.

Also my suggestion is more on server/site optimization take a look at this

http://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsbsupportlink.com.au%2F&tab=mobile

Most of the time this does not matter as long as its yellow/green but take a few suggestions from this..

Enable compression
    Minify JavaScript
    Leverage browser caching
    Optimize images
    Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content
    Reduce server response time

Kind Regards,

Craig_Longmuir
  • Total posts: 556
Up

looks nice enough, but as mentioned before, a directory needs some pretty special USP to stand out against the millions of other directories already out there..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.