Home – New Forums Starting your journey Honest Opinions Wanted Please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up
    ::

You have already gotten a lot of good advice already and it’s good to see you actually care about what your logo looks like and that it actually portrays the image you are trying to get across.

From the quick look I had I quickly noticed it was all very much red, no complementary colors or anything.

I am offering $299 logo design until the end of the month, so if you are interested at getting something developed that will suit your business a little better than I would love to have a chat with you. :)

SavvySME
    • Total posts: 201
    Up
    ::

I would love to givey ou my opinion as a potential customer. I feel the logo is a little bit generic as a few posters have mentioned above. I have “seen it before” so I wouldn’t remember you brand that easily.

In addition there are some very low cost options to getting the right logo. I would try crowd sourcing design websites such as crowdspring.com and designcrowd.com. A lower cost option would be mycroburst.com, but there are many options. The problem with having one designer create the logo is that the designer has a certain style they tend to gravitate towards. If you don’t like it, then it’s like hitting your head on a brick wall for both parties. So when people say they “asked a friend to design” their logo, I tend to be uneasy, especially since you don’t want to ruin the relationship by being picky. In the end if you are precious about your image, I’d look at the above options or surf some portfolios online and pick a designer that really reflects your vision.

I wish you the best of luck! It’s worth putting in an extra few hundred dollars to get a nice looking logo that you will be using EVERYWHERE.

We started out using a contact for our logo, but realised it wasn’t going in the right direction so we paid the designer for their time and went on crowdspring. We are very very happy with our logo now (we also got to pick from 80 concepts) and you can see it on our website.

http://www.savvysme.com.au

Best of luck!

Wendy Huang – Co-founder of SavvySME – A new social platform for small businesses

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.