Home – New Forums Selling online » HOSTED shopping cart with eBay synch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    March
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hello, being brand new to this great looking forum I hope that I am putting this post in the right section.

I have a very healthy eBay precence (about 3-4K items sku’s) and have had for some years and want to now look at a website as well for some excellent new lines plus existing lines I have on ebay

I am finding it somewhat confusing as to the offerings from the major players so I was hoping I could get a PRO’s and CON’s and assistance and info on the best hosted carts with eBay integration and eParcel but lack of eParcel integration is not a deal breaker..

eBay integration and automation is the big one and of course ease of use

Whats important to me is the ability to synch from my web site to eBay and viseversa with stock numbers for any given item and 1 site listing and management etc (ease of use)

eg:
    If I have 5 items in total of a SKU both showing on the website and on eBay and I sell 1 from say the website I want the stock numbers to change automatically on eBay? A better example is if I have 1 left and sell that one from the website will these eBay programs that many of these companies offer make it zero quantity on eBay automatically or do I have to do this manually myself? and this is also viseversa if sold from eBay will their offerings change the numbers on the websites automatically

I have been looking at

Neto
    Bigcommerce
    Shopify
    eCorner
    ezimerchant

and any others that can be suggested and why. I am open to all suggestions of other platforms and hosting companies with a decent eBay synch offering.

I am also finding that most of these companies are rather expensive and some charge extra (a fair bit) for the ebay app and their eParcel app or charge a rather high % per $ turnover per month

How well do say neto/shopify/bigcommerce/ezimerchant/ecorner and others if offered integrate with eParcel? again this app seems to be a rather expensive monthly addition from some and is not a deal breaker in the big picture.

Is there maybe a cost comparision chart/table out there comparing the major companies by any chance and their offerings.

I have been informed that magento had a very good eBay offering but is there any hosted sites for magento and I have been told that magento is a huge learning curve?

Is maybe woocommerce if they have a decent eBay app a better choice? Do woocommerce have one?

Sorry this is a rather broad post covering a couple of variables. All info and help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    March, post: 211204 wrote:
    eBay integration and automation is the big one and of course ease of use

Whats important to me is the ability to synch from my web site to eBay and viseversa with stock numbers for any given item and 1 site listing and management etc (ease of use)

eg:
    If I have 5 items in total of a SKU both showing on the website and on eBay and I sell 1 from say the website I want the stock numbers to change automatically on eBay? A better example is if I have 1 left and sell that one from the website will these eBay programs that many of these companies offer make it zero quantity on eBay automatically or do I have to do this manually myself? and this is also viseversa if sold from eBay will their offerings change the numbers on the websites automatically

Thanks

Hello March,

I can only really answer the question for you based on our solution at eCorner.

So let me summarise and also provide a link to more information and a video we did with eBay.

eBay information for eCorner:

1. You can connect one or multiple eBay accounts and eBay stores to the online store
    2. eBay integration is included in CloudMerchant Packages and higher.
    3. There is no limit to eBay listing sent from the online store
    4. There are two ways to manage stock: one – reduce stock in the online store when a listing is sent to eBay; or two – reduce stock in the online store when a order is made at eBay. (NOTE: sales in the online store do not automatically update the stick in listings on eBay).
    5. You can export an eParcel CSV file for orders
    6. You can get more information at the eBay FAQ on our website and you find links there to further information to download and videos.
    7. Orders from eBay come back to the online store and create an order and customer there so you can remarket to those eBay customers from the store and also do your fulfillment from the store.

Of course there are many other great features all included in the packages.

You can also connect to Amazon, Google Shopping, Getprice, eBay Merchant Centre and also create your own custom product feeds for any other portal.

Most of the add-ons that you pay to include in other solutions you get as part of the package. We also recently announced Xero integration as part of the service.

We don’t charge a percentage of your sales you just pay the fixed monthly fee.

Of course we are Australian based and hosted with our HQ in Gladesville near Sydney. If you are Sydney based you are always welcome to drop by.

Hope that helps but if you would like any follow up questions or a online demonstration let me know.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Regards

John

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi March, and welcome to Flying Solo,

John is extremely knowledgeable about all things e-commerce, so I hope the info he’s provided is helpful to you.

There may well be more comments on this topic for you soon too.

In the meantime, thank you for joining the forum. Next time you pop in, please remember to tell us your name – we’re all very friendly around here and it helps us feel that we’re getting to know you.

All the best,
    Jayne

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up
    March, post: 211204 wrote:
    I have been informed that magento had a very good eBay offering but is there any hosted sites for magento and I have been told that magento is a huge learning curve?

The Magento with M2E Pro offering is very good and very powerful, but not necessarily straight forward.
    Magento don’t offer a hosted version, however you will find 3rd parties offering Magento sites under their own branding.

eCorner have a very solid solution if you’re looking for a hosted shopping cart.

MichaelDigital
    • Total posts: 140
    Up

Greetings, I am going to answer your query with what I know about WooCommerce
    because if you want maximum control over your web assets owning your own hosted webstore is very attractive, and flexible – you are not subject to the rules and processes of a large 3rd party provider (or even a small one) – Woo Commerce has come a long way and is now a highly sophisticated piece of kit, it does indeed have the capability to link with eBay (and Amazon which is another option to consider with your large range of SKU’s)
    Naturally the WooCommerce means going with WordPress as your content management system, and front end; which is great, solid, versatile platform.

From your description you seem to favor self management, so Woo commerce is a great option.

March
    Up
    John Debrincat, post: 211207 wrote:
    Hello March,

I can only really answer the question for you based on our solution at eCorner.

[*]There is no limit to eBay listing sent from the online store
    [*]There are two ways to manage stock: one – reduce stock in the online store when a listing is sent to eBay; or two – reduce stock in the online store when a order is made at eBay. (NOTE: sales in the online store do not automatically update the stick in listings on eBay).

John

Thank you John for your reply, I have been reading your responses to many other post on here and over at Whirlpool, you do promote your business well and you are quick to answer questions.

One big sticking point with your ebay offering that I can see is its MANUAL

There are two ways to manage stock: one – reduce stock in the online store when a listing is sent to eBay; or two – reduce stock in the online store when a order is made at eBay. (NOTE: sales in the online store do not automatically update the stick in listings on eBay).

There is the biggest issue for me, your offering is manual based and not automatic or synched and this just makes extra work and if you are down to a stock holding of 1 and sell it from the website and forget to manually remove it from ebay and it sells you are in for issues and visaversa.

But I do have the ecorner offering on my list.

March
    Up

Thank you to all the others that have replied so far

So what are peoples thoughts pro’s and cons of the other carts like neto and shopify and ezimerchant etc

Have any members had experience with them and their ebay offering/app/addon and how well do they work.

The biggest issue for me as stated is that their app for ebay is automatic as far as stock numbers are concerned when you sell an item.

Anyone know how well the woocommerce eBay app works?

Thanking you all in advance for your answers

John Debrincat
    Up
    March, post: 211329 wrote:
    One big sticking point with your ebay offering that I can see is its MANUAL

There are two ways to manage stock: one – reduce stock in the online store when a listing is sent to eBay; or two – reduce stock in the online store when a order is made at eBay. (NOTE: sales in the online store do not automatically update the stick in listings on eBay).

Hi March yes I totally understand what you are saying. Pushing stock level updates back to eBay is harder than setting them originally and we have been looking at it but no short term solution.

It depends a bit in the number of individual items and the volatility.

When you list an item you need to set a stock level for the individual item. If you use the first approach I mentioned then it reserves stock from the online store that has been sent to eBay. When an order from eBay arrives it does not reduce the stock again. So when stock runs out in the store the actual available stock is still on eBay and will be correct.

That is not a perfect solution I know.

You might also want to check Channel Advisor I believe that they do update both ways.

The Professional eBay Sellers (PESA) conference in on 27 – 29 May at the Gold Coast, Qld and there will be plenty of people there that could help.

John

JohnTranter
    Up
    March, post: 211329 wrote:
    There is the biggest issue for me, your offering is manual based and not automatic or synched and this just makes extra work and if you are down to a stock holding of 1 and sell it from the website and forget to manually remove it from ebay and it sells you are in for issues and visaversa.

Just to say that Magento + M2E Pro does automatically synch within the limits of eBay policy. i.e. you sell an item in Magento, it will reduce the qty in your eBay listing.

However, it’s recommended just to use the M2E Pro rules to list items with qty 2, and then automatically add new listings as those items are sold.

M2E Pro does have an advantage in that it’s subsidised by eBay.

Not the easiest solution to set up, but it does appear to tick your boxes.
    There’s several videos online if you want to have a look, or you can pm me and ask to see the demo store I have set up purely for M2E Pro.

DaveN
    • Total posts: 37
    Up

Just had this through on my email, it’s one of the modules installed on my Shopify (site is not live at the moment so haven;t used):

New! Keep your eBay quantity lower than your Shopify/Bigcommerce quantity and still maintain inventory.

Great news! We have just released the ability to separate your eBay and store (currently Shopify and/or Bigcommerce) quantity while still maintaining inventory control on your third party store. We have received a lot of feedback about our store integration and the #1 feature that our customers request is the ability to lower their quantity on eBay compared to their Shopify or Bigcommerce inventory. With our new, separate eBay and store inventory controls you can now accomplish this.

Why would I want this?
    There are a several reasons our customers want this. One of the main reasons is due to eBay placing limitations on eBay accounts. eBay may limit the amount of listings and/or quantity that you can put on at a time. With our separate controls, you now have a solution for this. Another reason is to keep scarcity on your eBay channel which can increase sales and buyer urgency. And of course, it allows you to launch Auction format listings which require you to launch with a quantity of 1 (per eBay rules).

How does this option work?
    When the separate inventory setting is turned on in your inkFrog Open account, you will notice there are separate fields for your store quantity and your eBay quantity on our listing form. This allows you to lower your eBay quantity prior to launching to eBay. Any sale that is made from eBay will lower (deduct) your Shopify or Bigcommerce store quantity as well as your eBay quantity.
    Note, any manual update to your ‘eBay quantity’ will NOT sync back to your store. Your store quantity becomes the master and any manual changes in total/store quantity will need to be updated from within your store directly. Updating your store quantity will also not affect your eBay quantity unless your store quantity goes below your eBay quantity, in which case we will sync the eBay quantity to match your store quantity. (phew!) Only sales from eBay will cause your store inventory to get deducted.

How do I turn this on?
    We have made it extremely simple to turn this feature on. Simply visit the ‘Settings–>Store Connector–>Sync Icon (middle icon) in your inkFrog Open account and turn on the option that says “Allow Separate Inventory Quantity On eBay But Still Deduct From Total Store Quantity (BETA)” – (Note, this feature is in BETA so use at your own risk and please provide feedback to us.). See the screenshot below of this option.

JohnTranter
    Up

For anyone still following this thread, Pixafy have just been put forward as the preferred DIY solution for Magento, by Magento themselves.

http://www.pixafy.com/
    http://smallbusiness.magento.com/

Uses Magento.
    Hosted solution
    Integrated with eBay using the M2E Pro extension

Starts at US$89 per month

You get the Magento platform, but a limited set of 3rd party modules to plug in.

Fuggsy
    • Total posts: 18
    Up

Thanks for that information John, it looks interesting as I have been mulling Magento CE and M2Epro my self for a new line and I want the multi channel synch. I still prefer the idea of owning and controlling my own site rather than using these hosted solutions but the cost of a small uncomplicated fairly basic Magento website is staggering and so many web designers the minute you mention Magento double their prices and then multiply that by a factor of 3 or more so and that’s turning me off Magento

So as Magento is so complex and expensive it starts to make the offerings from neto and others with a solid eBay app look good.

John Debrincat
    Up

Quick update on the eCorner eBay integration:

We listened to you on Flying Solo.

Our latest release now available provides for update of stock both ways with eBay. So stock in store is reduced by sales on eBay and stock on eBay is reduced by sales in the online store. If the merchant updates stock in the online store then that update will also be sent to eBay.

This setting can be managed by individual product listing.

We have also updated the support for eBay variation products.

We added an ability to batch export eBay items listed from the online store so that they can be batch updated using Excel or similar.

Thanks and happy selling online.

John

Fuggsy
    Up

That’s great news John and I will have a look at your offering over the next week or so. The synch both ways is an important and very positive feature and the fact it can be managed by individual listings is excellent

Fuggsy
    Up

John just a question, what price point package will this be available on? Will it be available on that starter price/pack you have as well?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.