Home – New Forums Tech talk Hosting recommendations for WordPress site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up
    ::
    innotel, post: 240765, member: 87575 wrote:
    Is your target audience Australian based? If so, should you perhaps consider a host with an Australian based hosting server?

The site will be much closer to your customers (geographically) by hosting in Australia and by that logic, should receive a better experience (i.e. website load times). Having said that, not all Aussie hosts are equal either.

Nonsense.

Where you host makes no difference to user experience or load times. Nor will it give you any type of performance advantage within search.

Try, Liquidweb or Digital Pacific.

Both good. Liquidweb is exceptional.

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up
    John Romaine, post: 241620, member: 39536 wrote:
    Where you host makes no difference to user experience or load times.

* assuming either a decent CDN or a lightweight website. :)

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

$3/mo Zuver hosting is playing well today.

[ATTACH=full]1313[/ATTACH]

whooyeah
    • Total posts: 49
    Up

I use Azure hosting for everything now. $25 a month free is enough for several sites. They have a good wordpress app service template which takes minutes to spin up.

Corey
    • Total posts: 568
    Up

Checkout VentraIP Australia prices

Cheers
    Corey

MCoWebsiteDesign
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

I disagree with Jon and have tested host locations for both SEO and speed and found its far easier to get better ranking and faster loads on lower priced hosting near its audience.

if your initial business model requires SEO success in Australia, imo a very high priority should be an Australian based server.

I had multiple sites with some major US hosting companies that I shifted to an Australian discount host. Within a month my rankings began to rise considerably and kept doing so for some time.

I use crazydomains and have, found them no better or worse than most others. netregistry are good too.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.