Home – New Forums Marketing mastery How are you doing social media?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)
  • Author
    JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up
    ::

Great – thanks for the tip [USER=53375]@bb1[/USER] – I’ll be sure to check out Fleabay ;) Think I can affrod 10,000 followers this way.

m4engineers
    • Total posts: 121
    Up
    JacquiPryor, post: 254695, member: 20176 wrote:
    Wow – more than 10 million followers? I was happy when I hit 450 followers on FB! haha!

I have just followed you, making it to 451 today!

… is more about FB groups and the ability for a client or other to ‘tag’ me in a relevant post. If I’m tagged, I’ll be online quick smart to answer questions.

Exactly, that is what it is all about, providing useful and educating comments when it matters the most.

I joined a particular FB group maybe 3-4 months ago.. it’s 55,000 odd members and growing. Mostly it’s full of rubbish despite the group rules.

That’s the biggest mistake with social media, many just keep posting, and posting without real strategy and often wondered why it is not working for them.

I’d say I’m averaging 1-2 (maybe more) new clients each week

You have nailed it 100%. Well done.

I don’t have it so I don’t want to commit and start a proper social media plan when I can’t follow it

Time is always a challenge, I am in almost 200 groups, I can’t possibly be monitoring every group every day, so I set alerts monitoring key phrases in these group. Only when I get relevant alerts, I will jump into that group to contribute my thought. :)

m4engineers
    Up
    JacquiPryor, post: 254699, member: 20176 wrote:
    Great – thanks for the tip [USER=53375]@bb1[/USER] – I’ll be sure to check out Fleabay ;) Think I can affrod 10,000 followers this way.
    ha ha ha … possibly 9,999 from Timbuktu
    JacquiPryor
    Up

Thanks Huey (for the comments & the page like!) You’ll quickly realise I don’t post much there haha. And, you actually made total number 458! I am clearly ready to take over the online/social media world :)

“I set alerts monitoring key phrases in these group. Only when I get relevant alerts, I will jump into that group to contribute my thought”

I didn’t even know you can do that! Sounds like a good way to manage the ‘group’ interaction so it doesn’t eat up all of your time monitoring each and every post!

Mischelle
    • Total posts: 805
    Up
    JacquiPryor, post: 254703, member: 20176 wrote:
    Thanks Huey (for the comments & the page like!) You’ll quickly realise I don’t post much there haha. And, you actually made total number 458! I am clearly ready to take over the online/social media world :)

“I set alerts monitoring key phrases in these group. Only when I get relevant alerts, I will jump into that group to contribute my thought”

I didn’t even know you can do that! Sounds like a good way to manage the ‘group’ interaction so it doesn’t eat up all of your time monitoring each and every post!
    Hi Jacqui,

I don’t have Facebook at all for my business as it’s not the right media for my B2B, but the example I gave was legitimate and Mark spent many years and many thousand of hours getting his followers.

But our types of business will never get that type of following, his appeals to the car and motorsport masses.

Do not buy likes ever !! People can see that because even if you buy likes, those people don’t actually interact on your page. LOL

Good to see you on the boards.

Cheers
    Mischelle

JacquiPryor
    Up

[USER=60404]@Mischelle[/USER] – Oh I assure you I won’t be buying likes… unless I can actually find this fleabay cheap like buying platform [USER=53375]@bb1[/USER] mentioned ;) A former employer of mine from many moons ago did buy likes (when doing so may have been quite a new thing – was about $1 for 1000 or something silly like that)… we quickly learnt that’s not how these things work!

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Mischelle, post: 254709, member: 60404 wrote:
    Do not buy likes ever !! People can see that because even if you buy likes, those people don’t actually interact on your page. LOL
    e

[USER=60404]@Mischelle[/USER] my comment was very much tongue in cheek, I often use that line when marketers get on here and say the most important thing for your social media is to get likes, which as we know is a load of rubbish unless those likes actually have some interest.

Mischelle
    Up
    JacquiPryor, post: 254742, member: 20176 wrote:
    [USER=60404]@Mischelle[/USER] – Oh I assure you I won’t be buying likes… unless I can actually find this fleabay cheap like buying platform [USER=53375]@bb1[/USER] mentioned ;) A former employer of mine from many moons ago did buy likes (when doing so may have been quite a new thing – was about $1 for 1000 or something silly like that)… we quickly learnt that’s not how these things work!
    Hi Jacqui,

I am loving seeing you back on the boards.

Many people got caught up in buying like many years ago and yes they learned LOL.

Cheers

Mischelle
    Up
    bb1, post: 254743, member: 53375 wrote:
    [USER=60404]@Mischelle[/USER] my comment was very much tongue in cheek, I often use that line when marketers get on here and say the most important thing for your social media is to get likes, which as we know is a load of rubbish unless those likes actually have some interest.
    Hi Bert,

Darn it, I know I should have read your post with my tongue in cheek. It would have sounded entertaining LOL.

Bert it is getting VERY scary that we are agreeing too much LOL

Cheers
    Mischelle

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,339
    Up
    m4engineers, post: 254672, member: 100990 wrote:
    I like to keep it simple, and not take lifetime value LTV into consideration at the start, as it would be their bonus when repeats happen.
    Locksmiths average job value is low.
    Like any part of business, this stat is often collectable and is key.

Eg in my industry, the average customer life is 3.5 years and my average profit per job is $4.4K annually so my average lifetime value is 3.5 x $4.4K = $15.4K per customer.

Knowing the above number makes it much easier to plan decisions around ad spend budgets and channels etc.

The locksmith jobs average $300 per job and with high quality leads, I think the locksmiths buying the leads are converting 30-40% of leads into jobs so it is a great deal for the buyer.

FXM
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Thank you Huey, you have given the best insight, I am starting to understand better. How do you set alerts monitoring in facebook?

m4engineers
    Up

Hi FXM, it’s not set within facebook. Just do a google search you will find tons of third party alerts tools, including Google alerts.

FXM
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Huey, I have tried google alert, and the a few others, and I am totally lost. Can I pm you for some advice?

m4engineers
    Up

Sure.

Jimmy Jar
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

For me personally, its better to use nowadays technologies to cooperate with social media. Targeting programs and bots can do all the “dirty work” for you and boost your account in general.
    Me and a friend of mine usually deal with decorative and decorative stuff and promote it through instagram – visualization is the key in this business and it also popular among the girls
    https://zen-promo.com/view_likes_on_instagram.
    Anyway, you should also try LinkID and facebook special services. They are not so expensive and could improve your income.
    Good luck to you!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 79 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.