Home – New Forums Get productive How are you learning more about website visitors.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Geronimo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 237
    Up
    ::

Other than Google Analytics, what tools or custom reports are people using to better understand their visitors. I would love to know who they are, but realise that that’s a little hard.

Any thoughts?

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Ive never used google analytics but have always been a fan of awstats.

Steve

Vilson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 184
    MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

I like the look of this one: http://www.crazyegg.com/

For the newbies who are confused about the difference between ‘Web Analytics ‘ and ‘AWstats’ – it’s impossible to compare the two. AWstats is a server managment tool, not Web Analytics.

This guy explains it better than I.

Divert To Mobile
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 124226 wrote:
    For the newbies who are confused about the difference between ‘Web Analytics ‘ and ‘AWstats’ – it’s impossible to compare the two. AWstats is a server managment tool, not Web Analytics.

Its kind of nice to be called a newbie.
    Its also kind of interesting hearing that awstats is a server management tool.

Steve

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Divert To Mobile, post: 124239 wrote:
    Its kind of nice to be called a newbie.
    Its also kind of interesting hearing that awstats is a server management tool.

Steve:) I was more talking to anybody who came to this thread who might just be starting out.

If you have not yet checked out Google Analytics I would give it a burl. It’s awesome!

Jason@Plumsale
    • Total posts: 155
    Up

AWStats is definitively not a web analytic’s tool. It can not tell you the most basic of information that you will need from your analytic’s tool. ie how does my site convert visitors to customers. Plus the visitor flow feature in google is awesome.

Over the last few years the amount of new features in Google analytic’s has made it one of the must have tools, especially since it is free.

My Wedding Concierge
    • Total posts: 109
    Up
    Divert To Mobile, post: 124202 wrote:
    Ive never used google analytics but have always been a fan of awstats.

Whaaaaat?! You’re missing out! 😮 Get it installed on your site ASAP.

It will seriously make you happy :)

Divert To Mobile
    Up

Well I installed google analytics and see now why you think awstats is garbage.
    Site analytics has definitely come a looooong way in the last 10years – I think probably thanks to cookies winning in the privacy wars.

Well done thanks everyone. Now I have even more data to paralyse myself with.

Steve

Divert To Mobile
    Up

Yep and now Ive also discovered webmaster tools and given myself a headache.

Steve

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

Adding a how did you find us section to your contact page is a good idea if you want to learn more about your website visitors.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.