Home – New Forums Selling online How can I: Accept Recurring Payments Online

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Pawpost
    • Total posts: 48
    Up
    ::

I am looking for a way to accept recurring payments through my website. Any ideas on this? Thanks.

*EDIT* Forgot to mention. Just called Paypal and chatted them up a while. Seems like I can either have the payments accepted on my site with paypal pro (not the same as the US one….) or I can have accept recurring payments but only if they are processed on paypal’s site.

Reading through the forum I found a link to eMerrit, anyone using them?

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

This is the link to one of PayPal’s business pages and a phone number you can call and discuss. I believe you can do it with PayPal. https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/merchant

Cheers.

Pawpost
    Up

Thanks Karen. I gave them a call. I was passed around a bunch and ended up with a guy who didn’t seem very excited to discuss the products. He told me that the payment pro will not accept recurring payments, but their standard payments will. However, the standard payments will have the paypal button on every page and it will force the customer away from my site where they will need to enter in more details. Not sure how true that is, but that is what I got from the person I talked with.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

If its what I think your talking about its called a subscription. The payment will be processed automatically at regular intervals eg monthly.
    About leaving your site, Im not sure about that, but you could chennel the purchases to a single page where you collect the required information and then process them through the paypal checkout.

Steve

Pawpost
    Up
    Divert To Mobile, post: 151872 wrote:
    If its what I think your talking about its called a subscription. The payment will be processed automatically at regular intervals eg monthly.
    About leaving your site, Im not sure about that, but you could chennel the purchases to a single page where you collect the required information and then process them through the paypal checkout.

Steve

I am looking for something similar to subscriptions called recurring payment. The difference:
    Subscriptions are based on a fixed lengths then end if you want to extend the subscription you need to go through the sales process again. Also you are not able to manage them through the API calls, then end an must be purchased again.

Recurring payments are similar to direct debits, you are automatically charged at the beginning of each period of time until you cancel the service.You only need to go through the sales process once. Also you can create a profile and manage them through the API calls.

eWAY
    • Total posts: 524
    Up

Hi there,

You can achieve this easily with someone like Chargify or InfusionSoft and both integrate with the eWAY payment gateway for processing the charges.

Can you explain a little more about the nature of your payments and I might know something more suitable.

Maclean

DigitalDomination
    • Total posts: 184
    Up

You can definitely do this on Paypal.

You might want to look into the different versions though, if you’re just set up as a person it might not work, you might have to upgrade to the business level on Paypal first.

(I forgot the technical names Paypal gives them, but they’ll show in your account settings)

eWAY
    • Total posts: 524
    Up
    DigitalDomination, post: 152382 wrote:
    You can definitely do this on Paypal.

You might want to look into the different versions though, if you’re just set up as a person it might not work, you might have to upgrade to the business level on Paypal first.

(I forgot the technical names Paypal gives them, but they’ll show in your account settings)

I believe they’ve started tightening the way they offer recurring. I’ve dealt with a number of developers in the last few weeks who needed to integrate our recurring payments service due to PayPal removing it from a lot of plans. Definitely worth confirming with them though!

Maclean

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.