Home – New Forums Starting your journey How can I get my first clients?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    The Infotainer
    • Total posts: 612
    Up
    ::

in the header it has
    Contact us today for a complimentary no-obligation quote!

yet there is a pricing page

now I am not sure this is a good thing to do, why? well people can go to your website and leave without you knowing it, your not developing a database

you can automate a quoting system using the web form on your website- when they fill out the form they are taken to a thank you page- that thank you page can have your prices, and you get the contact details for follow-up at a later date plus you can see how many people want to know your prices.

I have set up what I am talking about on my kids magic site http://www.kidsmagicworld.com.au on the left is the quick quote form, it is instant- I now have a database of just under 2000 people that I can market to in the future, expand the business in the form of a magic shop and whilst those 2000 did not all purchase- they might in the future, or I could offer a special promotion when business is low. The database is what is going to help you get business

you could offer for example recommend me and receive a 5% discount I don’t know but you can’t do anything if you don’t develop the database

barefootbasics
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

Aside from all the website critiques…

One thing that clearly stands out is similar to many other ‘Virtual’ business owners, you’ve fallen under the impression that if you build it they will come.

Unfortunately it doesn’t work that way.

As a Business Owner within the Professional Services field, the most effective form of marketing you could undertake is Networking.

Join your local business chamber, women’s networking groups, industry networking groups, most hold breakfast, lunch or evening events to make it suitable for Multi-Taskers like yourself to attend.

Have professional business cards and flyers designed to take with you.

If you are looking to target a certain ‘Professional’ type, what trade magazines do they read, could you possibly secure a press mention in the title, or at least run a series of classified advertisements within the magazine (it takes more than one advertisement to gain brand awareness).

Locally, what is the demographic breakdown? Are they your ideal customer? The majority of people won’t take notice of junk mail these days, so a flyer in their letter box will swiftly be placed in the recycling bin, unless it has a great sales header screaming for attention.

Do you have any local papers or magazines that are tailored to the AB Socio-Economic Graphic, or are you willing to expand your location base to include these?

Details wise, I think particularly in the Business Area, you need to break these down further and actually quantify the value that you offer through these services.

My recommendation for your Pricing Structure is that you tailor it to the three key sectors that I can see on your website:

– Events Management for Corporate Clients
    – Professional Business Travellers
    – Life Style Services & Leisure Travellers.

You need to be clear on your services and educate the market as to why they need you in their life. Consider running a blog as part of your site, which will provide insights into your experience, the industry, your services and the benefits gained.

Oh and as soon as you can get testimonials on your site, perhaps even incentivise (spelling?) referrals from clients! Word of mouth is crucial to your business success.

Just throwing it out there, but did you consider using WordPress at all, as the basis for your site?

After existing in HTML and PHP world for many years, WordPress is now what I recommend to my clients due to its ease of use, professional templates, abundance of plugins, and SEO friendly (google likes it).

Rochelle – http://www.barefootbasics.com.au

Layla
    • Total posts: 28
    Up

Hi again,

I have finally got around to updating my website.

Please see: http://www.conciergeconnections.com.au and let me know what you think.

I took thecitruscollective’s advice and used WordPress this time.

Would love people’s feedback, in particular from those who sent feedback on my last site (which looked completely different).

Thanks again,

Layla.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Layla,

Thanks for sharing your update with us :)

For a full community review, I’d recommend starting a new thread in the Community Reviews section of the forum, as you’ll connect with more potential reviewers there.

Good luck with it,
    Jayne

marnieb
    • Total posts: 159
    Up

Hi Layla,

You’re very early in – 2 months isn’t a long time. We spent an entire year working on our business, having systems and marketing strategies in place, before we even tried to get our first client.

My advice is to go out and find people! Don’t just wait for them to come to you. By that, I don’t mean just put a website online, do some blogging, social networking, etc. I mean send out some letters. Introduce yourself. Go to networking events. Let people know you’re here and you’re ready to help! I understand that sounds like silly advice given your limited time, but I think in the beginning it’s really how it’s done.

Also, I really think your website needs a little work. It’s not ugly, but it’s also not clear what it is you do. At all. There’s a lot going on, but nowhere in that information can I find any real indication of what you do on the home page. Not even an elevator pitch. Do you have one yet? Something short and snappy that tells people what you do? This could be something to work on ASAP, especially if you do plan to go out and start telling people about your biz. :)

Hope this helps!

Layla, post: 81042 wrote:
    Hi,

I recently started my own Personal Concierge company, and my website has been up and running for about 2 months, although I am still tweaking it.

I also have a full time job, which means I do not have as much time to spend on my company as I woudl like, but it is taking me much longer to get clients than I thought it would, so the stable income is a good thing.

I am desperate to leave my day job and work on my company full time, and have 2 main questions which will help:

1) How did everyone else get their first clients? I have tried Google Adwords and people clicked on me apparently, but did not call me.

I also have a Facebook page for my company, but only my friends have said they like me so far.

I have also appeared one 1 of the many daily deal sites, but only 3 people bought vouchers and 2 of those were friends of the owner of the site. The site is a new one though, which a database of 7000, which I thought sounded like quite a lot, but apparently is very small compared to Scoopon etc. So, I am unsure if it is worth trying another similar site, which has a larger database and has been around longer, or whether my ‘target client’ simply does not use these sites?

2) I would like my future clients to be able to pay me by credit card. I have a looked briefly into merchant facilities with banks, but find it very overwhelming. I realise another option is Paypal & I have heard about eway. What are people’s experiences of these things? Which do you prefer? Has lower fees?

If anyone has has any other general tips for starting out and getting going, that would be great!

Many thanks,

Layla.

Concierge Connections
    http://www.conciergeconnections.com.au

marnieb
    • Total posts: 159
    Up
    marnieb, post: 114195 wrote:
    Also, I really think your website needs a little work. It’s not ugly, but it’s also not clear what it is you do. At all. There’s a lot going on, but nowhere in that information can I find any real indication of what you do on the home page. Not even an elevator pitch.

Hah. Started clicking around and the images in the header started sliding about. Okay, a tincy bit of info, but I think it could be improved and made a LOT more clear. :)

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.