Home – New Forums Starting your journey How can I market an air purifier?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    cookiejoe
    • Total posts: 19
    Up
    ::

Basically this air purifier has 4 functions of purifiying, humidifying, ionizing and aromatic, with help of some essential oils. Ideal for stuffy room, pet odour, remove dust particles, hay fever & etc.The shape is round and size is about 25 cm in diameter. I probably should start introducing to friends, but the thing is i have no friends.

I would like to hear from you guys, how should i market this product?
    How can i create my initial client base?
    Do you think its a good idea to advertise to search for agents to sell the product and earn from comission? Please let me know if information is insufficent.

Would like to try internet, but I am not very efficient in gaining more traffic to my website. Actually, how do you let others know your website? I am located in Melbourne.

Thank you all.

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

Hello Joe

What have you done so far? Your post has a dearth of information….so it is hard for anyone to give a meaningful reply.

Do you own stock already?
    Doe you have a website that is set up in relation to the product?
    Have you tried any marketing…if so what?
    What business experience do you have and have you applied this?

If this is just an idea you have, then I would suggest perhaps not proceeding . Instead maybe doing a TAFE course on small business to provide some grounding on the basics.

Sorry to sound harsh.

cookiejoe
    Up

Np, good to be honest so we wont waste time. :)
    I already have some goods with me and i have a website.
    The thing is how can make the product known to public?
    can you suggest me any suitable forums to intro my products (air purifier/facial acne soap) to the aussie public?

I do not have much business experiences as my background is more of admin and customer service and I have a business management degree.

Thx mate.

King
    Up

marketing can take a number of forms:
    TV
    Radio
    newspaper
    faxing to rental mail lists
    email to rental mail lists
    Cold calling
    the list goes on….

seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up
    cookiejoe, post: 32622 wrote:
    Np, good to be honest so we wont waste time. :)
    I already have some goods with me and i have a website.
    The thing is how can make the product known to public?
    can you suggest me any suitable forums to intro my products (air purifier/facial acne soap) to the aussie public?

I do not have much business experiences as my background is more of admin and customer service and I have a business management degree.

Thx mate.

Well, you can start by going to forums where people that are involved in that area may have problem with breathing… so may be
    seniors forum
    carers forums
    nurses forums (?) My wife is a nurse so may be…
    pet owners forums?

Just my 2 cents

King
    Up
    seocourse, post: 32656 wrote:
    Well, you can start by going to forums where people that are involved in that area may have problem with breathing… so may be
    seniors forum
    carers forums
    nurses forums (?) My wife is a nurse so may be…
    pet owners forums?

Just my 2 cents

Sounds like a recipe for spam….how you post would need to be VERY carefully handled.

seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up
    King, post: 32676 wrote:
    Sounds like a recipe for spam….how you post would need to be VERY carefully handled.

I’m not talking about spam… I’m talking about getting involved in the forum and see if they are options for advertising… sponsoring a section, etc.

cookiejoe
    Up

Thx Seo, the forums that you suggested are good.
    well, king you are right, i need to be more tactful if i want to do it at those forums…think i just got ban from a medical forum…maybe i was too obvious.

Do you think i can post on those forums to look for people who are willing to give it a trial? Since your wife a nurse, i think she is probably a ideal person to give it a try haha…

King, do you have any tips on how to post the forums and what i should take note of, to prevent from getting ban? I just want to share with everybody this air purifier. can i post my website here so others can give some suggestion? Thx guys.

King
    Up

Re posting on forums – well, it is a hard call I think. Certainly not to try or offer deals, but merely provide good advice and rely on people to click your sig link. It may take 10, 20, 50 or 100 posts till you see worthwhile results.

I think there are better ways to market, yes ads on forums could be a way to go.

Steve_Minshall
    • Total posts: 518
    Up

Rather than targeting the end user directly is it worth banging on the doors of retailers like electrical appliance stores, health stores etc to see if they will take your products. Not easy but if you focus on setting up marketing channels through others rather than seeking individual sales it may work better long term.

cookiejoe
    Up

Not very sure about knocking on retailers doors. Was told that they have tough requirements. I thin kmost companies will prefer emailing or contacting them first, am i right? I think a product proposal is a must, but what contents should there be in the proposal?

Apart from the product information, should i put in things like situation analysis or a SWOT analysis for the product? What about comparing our competitors to our product?

Can anyone pls advise. Thx.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    cookiejoe, post: 32709 wrote:
    can i post my website here so others can give some suggestion? Thx guys.

Hi cookiejoe,
    If you’d like the community to review your website, you can start a thread over here:
    http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/community-reviews/

Please take note of the specific guidelines that apply to that section of the boards though – you’ll find them at the top of that page.

All the best
    Jayne

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.