Home – New Forums Marketing mastery How did I become a World Authority in 6 months?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up
    ::

Posted this in January of 2013… OMG
    I decided to modify it … it has been now 2 years…. Read the end of the article where you can see what i did after that. I hope it inspires you.

Anyway.. how did I become a world authority in 6 months … big words. ;)
    Happy 2013… flyingsolo. I haven’t been here for a while. (busy busy )

I wanted to make an epic post and inspire you in how to take your business to a new level and become an Authority.

I believe the way to go is the authority way, but not a lot of people talk about how to do it… so I took action and I jumped in a new industry, the industry is

App store Optimization —-> SEO for Apps.

This is what I did in a period of 6 months.

Created an authority Blog.
    The blog included articles (REAL content) with analysis, predictions, tutorials.
    I didn’t post daily, but each post was really packed with info.

Social Media
    – Join every single Google +, Linkedin and Facebook group in this industry.
    I not only became a contributor, but I got involved, I became their friend. Awesome way to understand what your market needs and wants

Video Marketing.
    Created a series of Mini Videos providing updates of what was going on in the App Store Optimization world
    The videos are very low key and not very professional, but do the job:
    Example
    http://www.asoprofessional.com/app-store-optimization-understanding-data-revelance-in-the-app-store/

Infographics. launched 3 infographics and submitted to niche sites and infographic related sites.

PR release. Did 3 niche Press released (all paid) and contacted manually Mac and Android Press.

Wrote a Book! Yes, in fact I wrote an ebook now available in Amazon and Itunes
    http://www.amazon.com/ASO-Ninja-Store-Optimization-ebook/dp/B009NIJG3W/

Build my email list.
    Gave away products, resources and build a list. My site gets 5 to 10 subscribers per day. Not bad for a tiny niche, right?

– Sold a product.
    I sold a small guide to get app reviews for $47. That small guide pays for any Virtual Assistant costs, hosting or extras the site “consumes” . Not bad.

– Offered Service.
    I offer a service for $650 that provides full report for apps about what to do regarding App store optimization, and provided an awesome service that gets me more clients every week.

– Podcast!
    Inspired in Mr Dan Norris from Inform.ly, I launched my podcast, the podcast has brought me around 2000 visitors just this month, with just 4 eppisodes. Not bad huh?

– Interview awesome people in this industry.
    I have interviewed the top app store optimization companies, software creators, entrepreneurs. Many of them are in my book, podcast or even blog.
    The more I network, the more I get from them (followers, visitors, links, you name it)

– SEO.
    Well.. that’s obvious ;)

Meetups. I realized I couldn’t go to Meetups in New York or SF, but I can ge invited via skype. Weird right? Well, yes.. but I know speak as guest in developers Meetups. Pretty strange but it brings tons of referrals and good karma.

– Offered myself to be interviewed
    Funny right? By if you are open to help people generate content, they promote your content!
    I received over 500 visits in 1 day just from this interview.
    http://www.entrepreneuronfire.com/podcast-interview-with-entrepreneur-gabriel-machuret-of-internetninja-com-au/

So boys and girls… all this is done from a tiny tiny town in NSW , while dealing with 2 hyper kids… and juggling a second business.
    If I can do it (with my poor grammar and strong Spanish accent)… you can do it 2.

Make 2013 and awesome year and try become an authority in your market/industry.

Is not only challenging but extremely fun and rewarding.

Cheers

Gab

[updated part]
    What happened after?

– Launched Courses. Become Udemy Best selling Author. Now currently have around 1200 students and 4 courses running at any time.
    Lesson: Udemy is a huge source of traffic… if you want to be an authority is a nice way to get your name out there.

– Decided to go out of my comfort zone…. left Australia, went to meet real people, become speaker in conferences in Singapore and China… went to masterminds, workshops…. (This made a huge difference)
    Lesson: Nothing is better than face to face and a couple of beers to build biz relationships

Aimed Higher: Climbed Mount Kilimanjaro for Charity and got the app industry involved. Raised enough to buy 15 cows…. simply epic.
    Lesson: Amazing how much you can build your brand by doing simple and nice stuff for humanity

– Increased my price.
    After a mastermind with Chris Ducker and Patt Flyn I decided to increase my prices by 500% … yes… and as soon as I did > more leads, more work, more revenue. Don’t be shy to charge more.
    Lesson: Is your time, you can charge what you think you are worth.

– I burned the vessels. I stop working in SEO to only work in Apps and ASO. If you have your feet in many industries you will end up doing nothing in the long run.
    Lesson: You can’t really go all in, if you realize there is option B. Burn option B

– Offered Free help. Teach for free, to anyone and everyone also… I even did a Premium course for Andrew Warner at Mixergy ;) Pretty awesome
    Lesson: Contact people you admire . Be brave, offer your help… provide value first. Then you may get the help and exposure you need.

– Launched a new Book . ASObilble.com

– Started to Coach and train companies and other entrepreneurs about the app industry. My rates are super expensive. The more I charge, the more serious people take the training.

Outsourced, outsourced, outsource. Currently have a team of 15 outsourcers.
    Lesson: If you want to compete with the big boys you need a team. Learn to delegate…

– Embraced one channel. I worked hard in Video Marketing and I realized that was my strong point… currently I make 40 videos per month … crazy but an awesome way to create content and provide value. Simple and short videos you can check them at http://www.asoland.com
    Lesson: Don’t do a little of everything, do one thing properly done.

– Partnered with my competitors.
    Any competitor is in my Facebook friends, skype and I try to know them as well as possible.
    Lesson: We usually think anyone/everyone is a competitor, deep inside we all work for the same market. Partnering can bring epic results

– Stopped worrying about profit:
    Instead I worked in building mega relationships…. strong ones, almost bullet proof type of friendships

– Got a coach.
    My first ever coach was a dude called Robert Gerrish . ;) I learned how valuable was to invest in you….
    Lesson: You need to get an accountability partner / coach . Get a good coach, a serious one, a though one.

– Bye bye Google.
    Screw SEO. Seriously. Build a Brand. work on you… when you do epic stuff people find you, the position in Google is irrelevant. I haven’t build one single link for my ASO site.
    Lesson: The SEO game in 2014 is broken…. you spend more time building links than building your business.

– Embraced paid traffic.
    And instead of hoping for ranking I learned about sales funnels, building a list and launching new services and product
    Lesson: Paid traffic is… predictable. Boring but predictable. If you want leads fast, get better and improving your sales funnel.

Learned to fail faster and be more flexible.

That’s it

I hope this helps, I haven’t been in Flying Solo for 1 year but today I found this post … so I hope if you are starting or struggling or need some inspiration, or some motivation…. some ideas in this post can help you in your path.

websitedesigner
    • Total posts: 917
    Up

Awesome Gab great stuff, and thanks for the mention. If others are interested in the podcasting guide here’s a direct link. I’ve had a pretty good 5 or 6 months too I might post at some stage but the podcast is a huge part of it.

Keep up the great work.

OneArmedGraphics
    • Total posts: 314
    Up

Your generosity in sharing is commendable. :)

Anesthan
    • Total posts: 28
    Up

Hi

well done Gab.Now just keep it going. Thanks for sharing. I think a lot of people will read this but not take this action. (me)

Thanks
    Anesthan

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

A legend in my books. :)

Mods, can you please include this in this weeks’ email to all subscribers to serve as an indication of what can be achieved in 6 short months (so much for “baby steps”)

seocourse, post: 147336 wrote:
    1. so I took action

2. If you are open to help people generate content, they promote your content!

Smythie
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Well Done,

This is very exciting and inspiring. Hope it’s ok, but I am going to use your blueprint for my business, which is accountability coaching for Young Professional investing in Professional Studies like accountants. It is also a very targeted market and I am just starting out. And like you I also have two young kids and another one arriving in April.

Thanks for the tips and congrats on your success.

Here’s to an amazing 2013.

Alison Smythe
    Director of Inspired Coaching & Corporate Training

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Nice!

Jodie McLeod
    • Total posts: 345
    Up
    Khalid Adam, post: 147431 wrote:
    A legend in my books. :)

Mods, can you please include this in this weeks’ email to all subscribers to serve as an indication of what can be achieved in 6 short months (so much for “baby steps”)

Hi Khalid, we’ll definitely consider it.

Well done, Gab!

Jodie

NickMorris
    Participant
    • Total posts: 283
    Up

Nice work Gab! I’ve been following along for the most part but missed a few things, good to see it all in one place – Cheers.

EmbalmSkincare
    Participant
    • Total posts: 459
    Up

That’s amazing Gab! Well done!

How and where did you offer yourself to be interviewed?

Keep it up!

Regards,
    Mel

seocourse
    Up

Thanks to all the nice comments and the positive feedback. It has been busy 6 months. Now that I know how to do this I may try to become an expert in what really matters:
    Becoming a professional F1 pilot in 6 months ;)

Fingerfood, post: 148098 wrote:
    That’s amazing Gab! Well done!

How and where did you offer yourself to be interviewed?

Keep it up!

Regards,
    Mel

Hi Mel, I didn’t offer myself to be interview in any of the interviews.. what I did is interview people that I wanted to reach.

The idea of offering yourself to be interviewed sounds “strange”
    instead I approached people offering my help.

The most important of this whole process is nobody cares about your business until you provide something valuable first.

Once you provide enough value, it’s impossible for the world to ignore you.

Smythie, post: 147479 wrote:
    Well Done,

This is very exciting and inspiring. Hope it’s ok, but I am going to use your blueprint for my business, which is accountability coaching for Young Professional investing in Professional Studies like accountants. It is also a very targeted market and I am just starting out.

I don’t think there is any blueprint ;) Just try to reach as many people as possible in the most effective way you can.

Best of luck ;)

NickMorris
    Participant
    • Total posts: 283
    Up
    seocourse, post: 148099 wrote:
    Now that I know how to do this I may try to become an expert in what really matters: Becoming a professional F1 pilot in 6 months ;)

Hmm, perhaps this… http://fourhourchef.com/

Eng UNG
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

Thanks for the post Gab,

I’ve been flying solo for a year, and I love it! I’m looking at goals & different ways to market my business in 2013, and your post is inspiring. At least I now have a guiding post, something to shoot for.

Cheers,
    Eng

Sheldon Hampton
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Hello Gab,

Thanks for the valuable information that you have shared with us. As an App developer and only becoming a recent member of the FS site, I am glad to see that there are so many small businesses here that are all willing to help each other out.

Apps are a very tricky market for any business to break into. With the tools that you provide it would have been great to know about you sooner.

I have just gone “live” with offering a cloud service to build a business app for free. The information that you provide would be an excellent tool for any business building an app. Apps are easy to make. However, its marketing which is the hardest part.

Great Post.

seocourse
    Up
    Sheldon Hampton, post: 148216 wrote:
    Hello Gab,

Thanks for the valuable information that you have shared with us. As an App developer and only becoming a recent member of the FS site, I am glad to see that there are so many small businesses here that are all willing to help each other out.

Apps are a very tricky market for any business to break into. With the tools that you provide it would have been great to know about you sooner.

I have just gone “live” with offering a cloud service to build a business app for free. The information that you provide would be an excellent tool for any business building an app. Apps are easy to make. However, its marketing which is the hardest part.

Great Post.

hey Sheldon thanks for the comment.
    hit me up via my website and I send you a copy of the App store optimization book. I hope it helps. Cheers buddy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.