Home – New Forums Logistics How do I approach/find retail buyers for my product?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rajiv
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hello everyone.

I am currently importing a type of women’s footwear from china.
    One of the channel of distribution I’m hoping to achieve is through various retailers.

How do I approach or find buyers who’d like to stock my product? I will be selling my product to them at a wholesale price.

I’m targeting women’s retail shops such as Supre, ICE, Valley Girl etc.

Thank you.

Chris – Marketing
    • Total posts: 162
    Up

Hi I used to manufacture high end fashion Leather garments. We worked for labels like Sports Girl when they were big.
    How it was then was to establish contact with the buyers and get in at the right seasons. For example the summer range is what you should be showing. Also because we manufactured it meant I could tweak our styles to reflect their Label (huge advantage for us) and every leather garment manufactured by us carried the Sports Girl label.
    We also attended trade shows and established networks, who you know of course.
    One thing to consider is that when we were supplying a number of big brands our overdraft went through the roof. From the time you receive the order through to receiving and paying for goods (wages in our case), paying for the day to day running of your business, then delivery up to a month before they hit the shop floor and then waiting up to 90 days for payment (Sports Girl was one of our better payers) it hurts. I am not talking 20-30,000 that is peanuts to them. So make sure your lines of credit are easily accessible and keep your terms as tight as u can.

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    Rajiv, post: 161739 wrote:
    Hello everyone.

I am currently importing a type of women’s footwear from china.
    One of the channel of distribution I’m hoping to achieve is through various retailers.

How do I approach or find buyers who’d like to stock my product? I will be selling my product to them at a wholesale price.

I’m targeting women’s retail shops such as Supre, ICE, Valley Girl etc.

Thank you.
    Hello Rajiv

People buy from people they Know Like and Trust.

To establish trust, they need to know that you understand them. If they feel you are randomly emailing or calling their store you are not
    Likely to be very successful.

You want to target the stores that are specifically for your target customer (mums, not the kids). Send them an email to explain, amongst other things, in 1 sentence, why you should be stocked in their store. Then call and follow up to get an appointment. Don’t send prices lists or
    Brochures too early. Wait to start a conversation.

Btw, I’m a 10 year wholesaler I import handbags. But I also run a wholesaling course and it starts really soon, specifically how to get into shops in Australia.

Jenny

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.