Home – New Forums Marketing mastery How do I covert more website visitors?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Helen Batterham
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    ::

Having done much website optomisation I now recieve many targeted visitors to my website http://www.enrichtraining.com.au. However, I have a small conversion rate. Can anyone provide tips to increase website traffic to sales? Enrich Training is a training provider.

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

Hi Helen,

It varies from industry to industry and you don’t say what your website is or just how targeted those visitors really are so its hard to comment but a few of the more obvious points might be:

Does the site look professional?
    Are your contact details readily accessible?
    Are your products pictured nicely and looking attractive? with lots of relevant info?
    Are you guaranteeing the product clearly?
    Are there testimonials from happy customers?
    Are your prices competitive? and/or is there a unique proposition?
    Do you have a strong Call to Action?

Sorry if I’m stating the obvious but as I can’t see your site…

silkinteriors
    • Total posts: 17
    Up

Hi Helen,

Are you sure the people you’ve attracted to your site through your optimisation are your true target audience? It could be that people are coming to your website from a search engine because they expect one thing but then find another. For example, our website will sell wallpaper, the stuff you stick on your walls but I have to make sure I don’t attract and disappoint people who are hopeful of downloading a stunning wallpaper design for their computer screen. I know I hate it when I feel ‘lured’ to a website through search results only to find the site’s content is not what I wanted nor expected.

Otherwise, consider the points Aidan has written. Either you’re not attracting your genuine target market or you’re not providing a site that’s compelling enough for them to join/purchase or whatever it is you offer.

Cheers,
    Sandra

Helen Batterham
    Up

Hi Aidan and Sandra, thanks for your replies and my apologies for the missing information, I understand that it makes the question difficult to answer. Although a long time reader of FlyingSolo I only joined for the first time yesterday and thought perhaps my web information was visable.

My website is http://www.enrichtraining.com.au. My company is a training company. The particular targeted audience is for only one course, The Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. They must search for this particular course in google to be directed to my site so they are definitely well targeted. I agree that I must not be providing a site that’s compelling enough, I’m just not sure why. It’s a very competitive market.

Aidan
    Up

Hi Helen,

One way to approach this is to imagine you have gone looking for ‘Certificate IV in Training and Assessment’ in Google and you land on that site, now ask yourself does it seem to be what you are looking for? Does it immediately grab your attention as being relevant? Does it have bold titles at the top of the page saying ‘Certificate IV in Training and Assessment‘? or do you need to read through the page, maybe even need to scroll down to see something on Certificate IV in Training and Assessment?

After a little critique like that why not go and look over competitors pages? See what it is about them that grabs attention and compels the visitor to phone or email or fill out a form etc, then apply those principles to your site.

Also, I just did a quick search for ‘Certificate IV in Training and Assessment’ in Google and did not see your site in the first 3 pages so I’m wondering just what those folk on your site are searching for?

You should be able to see what keywords (search terms) your visitors used from your stats or from an analytics program if you use one? You can’t just assume that people on your site are targeted to one particular keyword, you need to check your stats to see what they are targeted to!

Hope that helps

Karen Wardle
    • Total posts: 363
    Up

Hi

If you wish to view someones homepage you can just left click on their name and it will have a link to their home page – if they have added one in their profile.
    I might be stating the obvious here but I thought it was worth a mention.

Helen, having looked at your site, I think that your headings need to be larger. Also I did see the link to Cert IV training but it is all the way down the bottom of the page.

I did find the text a little small but my partner has been telling me for the past week that I should get my eyes checked!

Take my comments with a grain of salt. I am not a designer by any stretch of the imagination. I can only give you my personal observations :)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Helen,
    Further to Karen’s comments, if you’d like to add your website to your forum signature, use the Control panel tab in the grey bar above the forum, and then choose Edit signature.

And by the way, thanks for making the leap from being a forum reader to a forum participant! Good on you!

Jayne

kenmac
    • Total posts: 26
    Up

HI Helen – just a thought – but what about collecting names and email addresses and perhaps giving away a free eBook (and having a link in the eBook back to your site) and then follow up email opt-ins at a later date with additional info about the course ?

Helen Batterham
    Up

Hi, thanks again everyone.

Aidan, most searches with ‘brisbane’ after will return my website on page 1. For eg. Certificate IV training and assessment brisbane or cert Iv brisbane. And in most cases will land them directly onto the page relating to that certificate. I think you are right. Although the information is there I think it’s just lacking a little ‘grab’. I am going to continue working on it today and try and get something new uploaded soon.

Something that all responses here have highlighted to me is the importance of upgrading my home page. As not many people often land on it I tend to overlook it somewhat without even realising. Thank you it’s now on the ‘to do’ list :-) And soon!

Karen thankyou for your feedback – it will not be overlooked!

Jayne, thankyou for the direction i have updated my signature. And yes, I am a long overdue member. I spend many hours pouring over the articles in this site. With so much interesting information it’s hard not to.

akagrp
    • Total posts: 315
    Up

Hello Helen

Training is a competive industry you need to find your unique selling point.

Sorry I was unable to open your website on my iPhone so I’m not sure if you already do this, but a good way to get the contact details of vistors is to offer a 1 hour information session via a web based session for as little as US$500 you can host upto 1000 per session for 12 months using gotomeeting webinar platform. in this session you can also have past students validating the course and why your training they should sign up for.

You also need to be patient sales may not happen overnight but at the same time you are building your database which means you can email them until they sign up or unsunscribe, just make sure that in each arketong UPI send them there is something of interest to them and report on success stories of past students. offer them early bird booking discounts to creat urgency and limited places.

Keep the email campagin going every week to people that sign up for free information session

Good luck with it

sixx
    • Total posts: 333
    Up

Hi,

I’m no SEO expert, infact I know next to nothing but when I viewed your source and compared them to the highest ranking sites for “Certificate IV” I couldn’t help but notice the similarities between the top ranking sites, and how different they were from the lower ranking ones.
    For example, your sites “title” has .. Enrich Training – Teaching Business and Training and Assessment Qualifications ..
    whereas the high ranking sites have this or similar as their “title” .. TAA40104 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
    Your keywords are .. “enrich, enrich training, training, brisbane, Certificate, IV, Training, Assessment, TAA40104, training and assessment, taa, on-line, online, college, redcliffe, cabooluture, business management training, staff, training, workplace, RTO, registered, organisation, organization, four, three, two, business, II, III, australia, queensland, trainee, traineeship, traineeships, accreditation, accredited, courses, train, course, frontline, management, small business, short”
    whereas your high ranking opposition has .. “TAA40104, Certificate IV in Training and Assessment,certificate IV in assessment and workplace training,BSZ40198,study at home,recognition of prior learning,competency based training,vocational courses australia”

Just seems a little more targeted.

I’m not sure if any of this is relevant, but I’m sure someone here may know.

I agree with Aidan, the courses don’t really jump out at you, and had to smile when I clicked on it, that I am congratulated for finding it. Almost as if it was a test in itself.
    I would be promoting the achievements “Top 12 Training Provider in the BRW 2009 Book of Lists” etc a little harder as these are the things that will sell your authenticity and competence as a quality trainer.

I think personally as a consumer, if I could land on your site and see the course, see the achievements in a single glance, you would have me clicking further. I don’t really want to be shopping around and I definately don’t want to have to think.

Once clicked on preferred course, I would read the price structure etc. and be off to the next site to compare prices. However if I were to come across “you will find our fee structure extremely competetive, click here and we will be in contact in 24hrs” or something similar, I would almost have no option but to click and therefore give you another shot to convince me Enrich Training is the company that will get my qualification.

Mr Q
    • Total posts: 40
    Up

Hi Helen,

I have to comment here as although all the people that have commented made relevant points I think the original question has still not been answered (Ken did slightly open the can though).

Your question was originally about converting those people that visit your site right?

You see this is what does my head in so much. People focus so much time on seo and traffic (marketing), whereas if they focused more on converting those that do visit your site (sales) they would be a lot richer!!

Really who cares if they’re targeted!? They’re on your site means they’re on your site. Your responsibility now is to convert them!!

Now everyone, I have to make myself clear, everyone has made relevant points. Yes the design ahs to be professional yet welcoming, yes fonts need to be large and inviting. But at the end of the day it all comes back to one thing…….yes the sale!

so now that that is out of the way, here is what I would and do to convert my web visitors (to a training course).

First I’m all with Ken! You need to get their details!! Number One priority!! The first thing anyone should see when they go on your website should be…
    THIS IS WHAT I CAN GIVE YOU, PUT YOUR DETAILS HERE PLEASE!!
    For your service something I would recommend for everyone that will cost you nothing!! like this

Do you want to become a Master Training and Lead People?
    Do you dare challenge yourself to inspire others?
    How does Helping a group of people all at the one time sound?

Enter your details here for a FREE Consultation to see if you Qualify to be a Master Trainer
    Name__________
    Mobile_________
    Email__________
    Comments_______

Thats it!! That would be something I would want to see if I visited your site!!

Now that you have my details. YOU HAVE CONTROL!! depending on whether they leave a comment or not. You then either call them to book a FACE_TO_FACE appointment or email back for the same.

Then, well then you open up a whole new can of worms. The Consultation sales process in getting them started!! and that is whole other post!!

First get this done then we can talk again :)
    Good Luck

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

make sure you subscribe to their blog RS feed. http://www.grokdotcom.com/
    Good resource

Agree with MrQ – sales is the thing 10 conversions from 100 vistors is better than10 from 1000 vistitors

Aidan
    Up

“…Agree with MrQ – sales is the thing 10 conversions from 100 vistors is better than10 from 1000 vistitors…”

True indeed but unfortunately you just won’t get it if you don’t have targeted visitors to begin with…

…and if you don’t care about whether you have targeted visitors or not you are heading for 1 in 10,000 conversion…

Hugh Thyer
    • Total posts: 159
    Up

*WARNING: Tough love ahead*

Ken and Mr Q are on the money.

Your site isn’t going to sell anything.

Why?

Well, for a start it’s all about you. Everything is about you, your business, your awards and so on. But here’s the thing. Nobody cares about you. They care about themselves. And most of all, they don’t care what YOU achieved in 2009. Why should they?

So the first thing to do is tell them what’s in it for them. Why should they come to you. What are the benefits? Stop talking about yourself and start talking about them.

OK, so where next? Well, what’s your offer to get them to take action. Do you have some free information to give them? And what IS the next step anyway? You need an incredible offer. So good they’d have to be completely stupid NOT to take action.

And now for the big one. What’s your Unique Selling Proposition (USP)? Why should they take action with you instead of your competitors? There must be a reason. Find out what it is and use it as the central theme for your website.

Hugh

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.