Home – New Forums New here? Share your story how do I delete my profile

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up
    ::

I have obviously missed the events leading up to this result.

I think it is important to remain level headed in a forum environment. Trust me, there have been many an occasion where I have been screaming at my computer at a conversation/question or opinion.

There will always be people that are lazy and ask questions without doing any research. There will also be people that make comments and remarks without validation or justification, it is just part of forum life.

I don’t think it is worth leaving over – There have been some really good discussions I have seen you involved in, so maybe try not to focus on the few negative situations.

And yes, I do agree with you that there is a tendancy to give a ‘good effort’ instead of a ‘what the?’ but just have a chuckle to yourself and let it go. It is as annoying as kids sports not being allowed to have scores or winners – how will they learn the value of winning, or how to deal with loss?

And so you don’t feel that I am holding back on you, suck it up big man, get stuck back in and let’s see you continue your great contributions to the forums :)

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

I have obviously missed the events leading up to this result.

I think it is important to remain level headed in a forum environment. Trust me, there have been many an occasion where I have been screaming at my computer at a conversation/question or opinion.

There will always be people that are lazy and ask questions without doing any research. There will also be people that make comments and remarks without validation or justification, it is just part of forum life.

I don’t think it is worth leaving over – There have been some really good discussions I have seen you involved in, so maybe try not to focus on the few negative situations.

And yes, I do agree with you that there is a tendancy to give a ‘good effort’ instead of a ‘what the?’ but just have a chuckle to yourself and let it go. It is as annoying as kids sports not being allowed to have scores or winners – how will they learn the value of winning, or how to deal with loss?

And so you don’t feel that I am holding back on you, suck it up big man, get stuck back in and let’s see you continue your great contributions to the forums :)

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

An interesting discussion indeed!

It’s good to see so many encouraging comments and support for David, along with some valuable tips regarding how to handle those who occasionally irritate.

We’ll continue to do our best to keep the forums welcoming and enjoyable and yes, we’ll enforce guidelines when we need to.

As with all large communities, people come and go and inevitably discussions will flare from time to time. I hope you’ll agree that things are generally pretty damn good around here – thanks in no small part to the wonderful members and of course the wonderful Jayne.

We too hope David will stick around.

Have a great weekend all,

Robert (and the FS Crew)

Robert Gerrish
    Up

An interesting discussion indeed!

It’s good to see so many encouraging comments and support for David, along with some valuable tips regarding how to handle those who occasionally irritate.

We’ll continue to do our best to keep the forums welcoming and enjoyable and yes, we’ll enforce guidelines when we need to.

As with all large communities, people come and go and inevitably discussions will flare from time to time. I hope you’ll agree that things are generally pretty damn good around here – thanks in no small part to the wonderful members and of course the wonderful Jayne.

We too hope David will stick around.

Have a great weekend all,

Robert (and the FS Crew)

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up

I just looked for Welzman’s post that I thought caused this and it’s gone so I assume it’s the one I refer to.

For the record it started with SORRY SORRY SORRY which to me qualified his supportive attitude and of course that is why I read it and I looked at the website in question.

Some other members had made some comments (that could be construed by a new member as encouraging) but I thought… thank God for Welzman because the site was very average and it was better to tell them now.

So what do we the members want FS to be?

Do we want nanbby panbby here or do we want FS to be the no fluff go to action no holds barred site for business advice that works?

What do you think Welzman?

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up

I just looked for Welzman’s post that I thought caused this and it’s gone so I assume it’s the one I refer to.

For the record it started with SORRY SORRY SORRY which to me qualified his supportive attitude and of course that is why I read it and I looked at the website in question.

Some other members had made some comments (that could be construed by a new member as encouraging) but I thought… thank God for Welzman because the site was very average and it was better to tell them now.

Do we want nanbby panbby here or do we want FS to be the no fluff go to action no holds barred site for business advice that works?

What do you think Welzman?

The Infotainer
    • Total posts: 612
    Up

thank you all for your comments

I have a busy weekend ahead so I will wait for Monday and then if I am still ticked off I will leave and if I do then you can all be nice to each other and we all can have websites like this http://www.safeashousescleaning.com.au/ and small business will suffer.

(PS I did start with SORRY and I even sent a PM explaining and suggesting alternatives to the owner, I am not sorry anymore)

The Infotainer
    • Total posts: 612
    Up

I have a busy weekend ahead so I will wait for Monday and then if I am still ticked off I will leave and if I do then you can all be nice to each other and we all can have websites like this http://www.safeashousescleaning.com.au/ and small business will suffer.

(PS I did start with SORRY and I even sent a PM explaining and suggesting alternatives to the owner, I am not sorry anymore)

Robert Gerrish
    Up

Hi Warren

I realise this question was to members…

Warren Cottis, post: 107288 wrote:

…and you may not have me in mind! But for my twopenneth, I suggest that ‘no holds barred’ rarely works. Forums need guidelines and moderators or they quickly spiral downwards.

The popularity of these forums suggest we have things about right. Yes, we’ll make mistakes (I’ve made plenty) and yes, we’ll need to adjust as we go, but generally I hope you’ll agree the forums serve members and newbies pretty well.

Robert

Robert Gerrish
    Up

Hi Warren

I realise this question was to members…

Warren Cottis, post: 107288 wrote:

…and you may not have me in mind! But for my twopenneth, I suggest that ‘no holds barred’ rarely works. Forums need guidelines and moderators or they quickly spiral downwards.

The popularity of these forums suggest we have things about right. Yes, we’ll make mistakes (I’ve made plenty) and yes, we’ll need to adjust as we go, but generally I hope you’ll agree the forums serve members and newbies pretty well.

Robert

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

If people can’t handle the truth then let’s remove the board that requests feedback on websites etc. and any threads that pop up asking for the same.

I know when I first joined FS I posted asking for feedback on my website. Yes, it was pretty brutal but actually, it’s what I needed to hear, rather than “wow Bridie, that’s an amazing site” which actually would have been a lie AND wouldn’t have encouraged me to make the investment in a proper bespoke website.

There does seem to have been an influx over the last few months of people asking ridiculous questions – “how do I get clients” and the like – which I certainly do find frustrating given the huge amount of resources available, both on the FS boards, FS articles and member’s blogs etc.

I know for a fact I’m not the only one who gets sick of the repetitive nature of the silly questions, but have learned to not even bother clicking on some threads!

Just my tuppence worth 😮

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

If people can’t handle the truth then let’s remove the board that requests feedback on websites etc. and any threads that pop up asking for the same.

I know when I first joined FS I posted asking for feedback on my website. Yes, it was pretty brutal but actually, it’s what I needed to hear, rather than “wow Bridie, that’s an amazing site” which actually would have been a lie AND wouldn’t have encouraged me to make the investment in a proper bespoke website.

There does seem to have been an influx over the last few months of people asking ridiculous questions – “how do I get clients” and the like – which I certainly do find frustrating given the huge amount of resources available, both on the FS boards, FS articles and member’s blogs etc.

I know for a fact I’m not the only one who gets sick of the repetitive nature of the silly questions, but have learned to not even bother clicking on some threads!

Just my tuppence worth 😮

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up
    The Infotainer, post: 107291 wrote:

Hi David and all,

I just wanted to let the lovely Jayne off the hook here as it was me who took the original thread offline today. Also, the original poster also did not make any sort of complaint at all and took the feedback on the chin.

Maybe my action was hasty, and I know we’ve had the odd difference of opinion over the last year or so – as Robert says, we make mistakes. I too hope you stick around David.

Until next week, have a great weekend.
    Peter

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up
    The Infotainer, post: 107291 wrote:

Hi David and all,

I just wanted to let the lovely Jayne off the hook here as it was me who took the original thread offline today. Also, the original poster also did not make any sort of complaint at all and took the feedback on the chin.

Maybe my action was hasty, and I know we’ve had the odd difference of opinion over the last year or so – as Robert says, we make mistakes. I too hope you stick around David.

Until next week, have a great weekend.
    Peter

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

We got 2 extremes here.

1.The “kumbayah”, “law of attraction”, “everything is just fine” type

2.The “do or die mofo” type

You can’t “wish” into success neither can you “Waterboard” (ahem – interrogate) people into success.

What’s missing here is understanding the various personality types and influencing others accordingly – beginners, check out Allan Pease.

My pet peeve and i am guilty of this is the type who end up belittling others whilst attempting (And failing) to prove how smart they are instead of counselling / coaching / consulting others to success – which takes time and patience.

Disrespect and belittlement is not tolerated in a civilised society so why should it be tolerated in this community? Don’t hold you breath expecting others to “harden up”.

The reality is infotainer has alot to offer. No doubt. How about toning down and as a result, becoming an influencer? welcome guest vs annoying pest.

I consider myself to have a “stern but loving parent” approach to everything but the degree of “sternness” is based on the type of personality and i want to ensure that i come across as firm but not arrogant.

Still working on getting it right so im no saint.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 95 total)
  • The topic ‘how do I delete my profile’ is closed to new replies.