Home – New Forums Marketing mastery How do I get my product to retailers?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    LDH
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

Hi

How do I get a clothing label to retailers (esp online shops)??? Do I direct market to them? Do I engage and Agent?

Any suggestions?? How does a start up actually start up????

Thank you!

Justin Laju
    • Total posts: 89
    Up

Hi There

You can just call them all, send them details and gain interest for them to stock your product.

It works well. We’ve just completed a very similar campaign for a clothing client and they went from virtually no stockist to multiple stockist including Westfield stores and online shops.

LDH
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    Justin Laju, post: 184693 wrote:
    Hi There

You can just call them all, send them details and gain interest for them to stock your product.

It works well. We’ve just completed a very similar campaign for a clothing client and they went from virtually no stockist to multiple stockist including Westfield stores and online shops.

Justine – you sound like the person who I need to talk to! I only have three products in my range at the moment (with more to come) – can I start approaching with that many? Should I do up a proposal? Any tips would be awesome!

Justin Laju
    • Total posts: 89
    Up
    LDH, post: 184695 wrote:
    Justine – you sound like the person who I need to talk to! I only have three products in my range at the moment (with more to come) – can I start approaching with that many? Should I do up a proposal? Any tips would be awesome!

Just keep it simple, honestly. It will come down to whether they have a market for your product, and if they like it.

The client I mentioned only had 1 line with 3 variations – so why hold back.

Just make sure you have a clear purchasing process and lead them to it.

Call and send emails and follow up with more calls.

You only get out what you put into it.

A tip would be to make sure you approach plenty of brick and mortar stores – try a cross section of all different types because sometimes you have to find the sweetspot.

Online shops often have low budgets and you may think you’re not getting anywhere if you just focus there.

But that approach works guaranteed! ;)

Intuit, call, send, intuit, call send – intuit, (ie just keep going!!)

May the force be with you..

Elizabeth-FE
    • Total posts: 127
    Up

Hello,
    What type of clothing are you selling? Who is your market?

Will see if I can help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.