Home Forums Marketing mastery How do I know if the SEO company is doing a ‘Ethical’ work?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    m4engineers, post: 258714, member: 100990 wrote:
    Love it when [USER=110616]@karensaid[/USER] . SEO foundations are not rocket science to learn … ..

Yes but to answer the original question a potential client shouldn’t have to learn SEO, to know if their service provider is doing an ethical job. The industry has a problem.

karensaid
    • Total posts: 78

[USER=53375]@bb1[/USER] The original question he was wanting to know was, how do you know if an SEO company is doing ethical work to which he got advanced answers from everyone.

The world is full of “shouldn’t have to’s” the reality is, how we respond. At some point, it’s up to self whether to action some initiative to find out more. Increase your chances of a favorable outcome. Even more so, when big money leaves our wallets!

I suggested some fundamentals of SEO, rather than SEO as a whole, that would not make sense. I gave an example along with others as to why it’s such a worthy option, because you will always make a better informed decision before proceeding with an SEO provider.

And so many industries are flawed, that’s just how it is and SEO is no different. When the day regulation kicks in? Gosh net neutrality is on it’s way out so who knows.

https://www.wbs-law.de/eng/it-law/seo-and-the-law-39208/ [great information]

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    karensaid, post: 258742, member: 110616 wrote:
    [USER=53375]
    When the day regulation kicks in? [/USER][USER=53375]

I had a laugh at this comment, whenever I have suggested regulation or certification on this forum, this biggest nay sayers are the so called SEO professionals. Why?[/user]

karensaid

Have a good evening bb1

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125

Still going eh?

One of the problems with regulation and/or certification is the small issue of WHO would oversee? It clearly can’t be Google who already does that for AdWords, Analytics and more so who else? One of the bigger tool providers?

I for one was not impressed when SEMrush recently offered some sort of ‘certification’ that you could do in 20 minutes! I would not want to be a part of any such a club.

I’ve been doing this since the 90’s and I’m still learning, things change too, we often complain to Google that the questions in their exams for AdWords for instance, are sometimes out of date!

Maybe we should have an ASIC type oversight from government as it seems to work so well for the financial industry… oh wait the RC has just shown it doesn’t work…

karensaid
    Aidan, post: 258800, member: 2298 wrote:
    Still going eh?

One of the problems with regulation and/or certification is the small issue of WHO would oversee? It clearly can’t be Google who already does that for AdWords, Analytics and more so who else? One of the bigger tool providers?

I for one was not impressed when SEMrush recently offered some sort of ‘certification’ that you could do in 20 minutes! I would not want to be a part of any such a club.

I’ve been doing this since the 90’s and I’m still learning, things change too, we often complain to Google that the questions in their exams for AdWords for instance, are sometimes out of date!

Maybe we should have an ASIC type oversight from government as it seems to work so well for the financial industry… oh wait the RC has just shown it doesn’t work…

I actually follow SEMRush until I saw the 20 min certification and well, likewise, deeply disappointed. SEO effectively is against google’s terms of service anyway, [not an expert statement as I’m no expert, just an observation] but we’re all doing it right. So I wonder, how could it ever be regulated and as you say, overseen. Appreciate your thoughts [USER=2298]@Aidan[/USER] [USER=6375]@JohnW[/USER]

Google provide us some helpful data tools for sure, I’m just getting my head around Google Search Console, again. They tell us only so much, we all know that. I don’t even use their google keyword tool, or planner whatever they call it. Yet G analytics, webmaster tools, trends, adwords data and others, I use all the time.

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889

A royal commission into SEO would be interesting TV ! o_O

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642

Sysop,
    Please delete this comment. I entered the original content in the wrong post.

John Romaine
    • Total posts: 1,104
    I’ve been doing this since the 90’s

x2

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.