Home – New Forums Money matters How do I register for GST?? Losing hair…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    RCAutoElectrics
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

Hey all,

I am currently trying to register for GST online. I have gone through the pointless rigmarole of getting an AusKey and eventually managed to navigate my way to the Business Portal but I have no idea where to go from there. I have clicked on pretty much everything on the Portal and cant find anywhere that allows me to register my business for GST. Can anybody please offer me some assistance with this matter? Thank you in advance.

Reece.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

(a) have you received your Auskey?

(b) If you have, then go to the website https://abr.gov.au and click on
    AUSKEY Manager LOG IN which is in the far right hand side panel. If you get a message to update JAVA, do so, and then return to the page https://abr.gov.au to start again.

(d) Once you are logged in you should see an ABN Summary of your name. On the far right hand side panel there is a menu and you should click Add a GST Role and follow instructions. I can’t test this because I am already registered for GST. But hopefully you will find it.

Cheers.

RCAutoElectrics
    Up

Thank you for that information. Unfortunately I just tried to get onto that website and of course they picked now to decide to undergo site maintenance so I doubt I will be able to proceed tonight. Thank you again for the information though and I will let you know how I get on with it tomorrow.

RCAutoElectrics
    Up

Ok so I have had a go with the information that you gave me. I have found the add a GST role button and when I press it, it automatically takes me to the business portal. I log into this and find nowhere to register for GST… Unless there is some other lingo that they use for it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.