Home – New Forums Other discussions How do I remove my account?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    GuestMember
    • Total posts: 318
    Up
    ::

I’ve had some great conversations here, hopefully helped a lot of people, and I appreciate what others have invested in me. I’ve met some good people and I’ve certainly invested a lot here.

However, I’ve not been particularly happy with some conversations lately, the overall culture and feel, the all-too-frequent negativity and competitiveness from certain members, the lack of attention to established members being a nuisance, people attempting to assert authority by putting other members down, the communication style, the churn rate of new members, the disappearance of established members, and the entrenched nature of it all. It’s not everywhere, all the time, or a majority of people; it’s a vocal minority who spoil it sufficiently that it’s not a safe, relaxing, respectful place to hang out.

I made my attempt to bring it to light and invested a lot, as you do when you think something special is worth fighting for. But with hindsight, rather than keep trying to change the culture, or people’s objectionable communication style, the more peaceful method is often to move on and spend all that time elsewhere. I should have known better, given my background, and I’ll be reflecting on my own conduct as well.

How do I close my forum account please? I can’t find anywhere to do it.

Kind regards, Paul

alliedib
    • Total posts: 453
    Up

Log out. Don’t log back in. Simple.
    I think that, due to the nature of the threads here, actual accounts cannot be closed by the user – if, however you want to deprive the community of all that you have contributed, I am sure a mod will be able to assist you.

GuestMember
    • Total posts: 318
    Up

if, however you want to deprive the community of all that you have contributed

My posts are here for good. For goodness sake, I’m on my way out of the community. Putting words in people’s mouths was one of my biggest complaints.

It’s my account I’m asking to close. There’s no need to maintain unnecessary personal data like my email address.

I go by my full name while part of a community but I prefer to anonymise posts when I leave and I’m no longer able to manage my online reputation.

I’d like to close my account if that will automate this process.

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

We’ll get this sorted out for you Paul. Many thanks, Robert

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.