Home – New Forums Starting your journey How do YOU build trust?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up
    ::

What are the 3 things you have done to develop trust with cold prospects who have become quality clients?

Do you have a trust based marketing or selling system?

If getting others to know, like and trust you is so crucial, how much time and effort do you invest each week to make you and your business more trustworthy?

Cant wait to read the responses – if any.

Thanks

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

#1 key to trust: do what you say you are going to do, when you said you were going to do it.

If you don’t do the above everything goes to crud. Management of expectations is crucial.

Steve_Minshall
    • Total posts: 518
    Up

For us ‘trust’ equates to competency.

When someone goes to our website which is our main source of business they will be thinking something like: ‘Can I trust you to put a tow bar on my Audi Q7 without f!@#$^g it up”?

And we reply ‘Yes you can and here are some photos of one that we did on someone else’s Q7, BMW X5, Subaru Forester, etc’.

“And if you still have doubts why not have a look at our blog where we can hopefully convince you that we know about this stuff”?

“And of course you don’t want to be ripped-off so here’s the total price right here. It may not be the cheapest (or most expensive) but this is what we can do and have done before and this is how much it will cost you”.

“Have a look at our shop if we take the time to keep it tidy and look after the carpets then you can assume we are going to have pride in our work when it comes to your car”.

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    Up

If you ever plan to add a 1 min intro video, use the below as a script – almost word for word.

Should bump conversions by at least 15%

Steve_Minshall, post: 119948 wrote:
    For us ‘trust’ equates to competency.

When someone goes to our website which is our main source of business they will be thinking something like: ‘Can I trust you to put a tow bar on my Audi Q7 without f!@#$^g it up”?

And we reply ‘Yes you can and here are some photos of one that we did on someone else’s Q7, BMW X5, Subaru Forester, etc’.

“And if you still have doubts why not have a look at our blog where we can hopefully convince you that we know about this stuff”?

“And of course you don’t want to be ripped-off so here’s the total price right here. It may not be the cheapest (or most expensive) but this is what we can do and have done before and this is how much it will cost you”.

“Have a look at our shop if we take the time to keep it tidy and look after the carpets then you can assume we are going to have pride in our work when it comes to your car”.

SavvySME
    • Total posts: 201
    Up

Sometimes the simplest things work the best hey?

(referring to above post)

I think trust is built through educating the customer and asking for nothing in return. If you spend the time answering their questions should be a no brainer to trust you. If you try and sell them something instead of helping, they immediately shut down – true for most industries and especially for B2B.

It’s funny this topic has been brought up because thats the whole concept behind SavvySME. It’s a place to build trust and through that trust gain more clients (if you are in the B2B space) and if your not you simply get a lot of help and information which is not half bad.

I’m hoping by providing that service to you guys for free – we build trust with you :)

In return for my shameless promotion above I will not provide you with some valuable advice I’ve gained through social media marketing:

1. Think of what you can do to spark the beginning stages of the product lifecycle and help them with that.

What I mean by this in simple terms is what questions can you ask or articles you can write about that will trigger them into the early stages of the buying lifecycle. For example – if I were to sell microwaves, I would simple ask or write about how old is your microwave – and educate you in what you can do to keep it running. Although this logically goes against a normal person’s train of thought – Why would I want them to keep them longer when I want them to buy? By being self-less you’ve already built trust with your customer and in addition the cheap people wouldn’t buy and no matter how you sell, that will be the result, but some people may start thinking about buying a new one and they would come to you.

2. Write a lot of tips and how-to’s and tutorials

These are the lifeblood of trust building online. Not only can you help someone and therefore creating trust, you are simultaneously showing off your skill without being a big show off. Win win if you ask me.

3. Mirror their behaviours

This is more of an offline thing but after attending the Tony Robbins seminar a few months back he said something profound (well to me anyways). People like people that are like themselves. In other words, you are most comfortable with people that are like you or you can relate to. You can subconsciously influence people by mirroring their behaviour e.g.
    If they talk slow – you should slow down your speech
    If they have a certain amount of energy you should try and replicate it.
    if they are sitting a certain way you should try and do something similar.

It’s interesting and I believe it works. – and you should definitely give it a go :) It’s a fun experiment!

Thanks for reading!

Wendy

DarianCulbert
    • Total posts: 49
    Up

Thank you for the above replies which are very helpful!
    As a service provider, I think building trust from clients is the most important thing. You cannot say that you are the only one who provides the best product or the cheapest ones… because if you can, other people also can! So if clients trust you, they will buy from you, not from your competitors although your prices are maybe more expensive. That’s the reason why famous brands often sell at higher prices than a “don’t-know” brand because they gained trust from people already!
    I build trust from my clients by answering their inquiries as quickly as I can, give them the details of the products, helping them more than selling something to them, be friend with them, not seller and buyers. I also get reviews from old clients and put them on my website so new clients can see. Offering them the best value service which they can afford! Participate in social networks, forums like this… to let people know about our brand!
    Just some of my ideas! Hope this helps!

Darian

SmartBizBlog
    • Total posts: 101
    Up
    Khalid Adam, post: 119879 wrote:
    Do you have a trust based marketing or selling system?

What do you mean by “trust based marketing or selling system”? I’m interested to know how you can intentionally try and build trust and have it work?

As long as you are honest about your services or products – you make no outlandish claims; and are genuine in what you do – trust is almost automatic.

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    Up

great question.

generating trust is harder than we think. maintaining it is even harder. scaling it is the hardest. getting consistent and predictable referrals week in and out is impossible without a trust based system.

a trust based marketing or selling system requires one to understand consumer behaviour, the target market’s hopes and pain. Enhance the trust they have to the point where a client just do not question your price or recommendation and will send referrals because they want you to succeed.

in short they, become your secret sales force doing your bidding because they are your advocate and the advocate of prospects in their situation.

have you ever said something like “don’t go to that place, go here. mention my name. they will treat you like gold. i swear upon it”?

a system allows you to consistently get this level of customer advocacy regardless of who you hire.

ideally, it works on auto pilot so people trust and buy but you don’t even know who they are as an individual. the next step down is they trust and are ready to buy with money in the hand. you just need to clarify “options” and do the transaction.

the issue with us solos is that we gain the trust but because we don’t have a system in place, getting an employee, especially a new one to give the same level of service is near impossible.

you get clients who say “i want to deal with you only. not your employee”. this is when you are shackled to your business due to a lack of or weak trust based selling or marketing system.

i know of one medical practitioner who broke the shackle by promising no fee if the patient felt any different with his employee. this is after he established a trust based selling and marketing system.

SmartBizBlog, post: 120113 wrote:
    What do you mean by “trust based marketing or selling system”? I’m interested to know how you can intentionally try and build trust and have it work?

As long as you are honest about your services or products – you make no outlandish claims; and are genuine in what you do – trust is almost automatic.

DarianCulbert
    • Total posts: 49
    Up

so where to get the trust based system, Khalid?

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    Up

Here’s a starting point which also happens to be free. once you see the difference, consult a results only business coach or consultant.

DarianCulbert, post: 120143 wrote:
    so where to get the trust based system, Khalid?
    Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up
    Khalid Adam, post: 120154 wrote:
    Here’s a starting point which also happens to be free. once you see the difference, consult a results only business coach or consultant.

Hey Khalid

I fully support this trust based concept… it’s how I run my business.

I also love Jay Abraham but in reality his concept of pre-eminence doesn’t have tangible day to day marketing application for bringing in business sooner than later for most FS members.

They might consider it as a progressive long term strategy of course but bear in mind that it took Jay years to perfect it and even he admits that sometimes in the early days he paid to get interviewed.

I think I have experienced most of the gurus that you usually quote but we need to translate that guru speek into tangible actions that people here can easily implement.

I love your posts but perhaps it’s time to come slightly down from the mountain and lay out more detailed steps to implement each concept you espouse for the members here.

Respectfully said of course…

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    Up

I know what you mean and thank you for your honesty. If you recall, i said the video is a good place to start.

Warren, tangible action yield limited results without business acumen & strategic thinking. courses are a great place to start but then the lessons have to be adapted to a business’s unique challenges.

nothing is easy to implement. it might be simple but we humans love to overcomplicate things and i’m guilty of this myself.

i’m nowhere near the mountain. nothing original about me. still a student. always will be :)

besides, i started this topic to understand and research how other solos create trust.

Warren Cottis, post: 120167 wrote:
    I think I have experienced most of the gurus that you usually quote but we need to translate that guru speek into tangible actions that people here can easily implement.

I love your posts but perhaps it’s time to come slightly down from the mountain and lay out more detailed steps to implement each concept you espouse for the members here.

SavvySME
    • Total posts: 201
    Up

There is also a similar coach who labels his seminars as “trust-based selling” seminars. His an American but lives here in Sydney now. His name is Ari Galper – he sometimes holds free seminars in the city (which he uses to pitch to you further products) but the free sessions gives you a decent amount of meat to work with

http://www.unlockthegame.com.au/

Here is his site, and he gives you some free papers and things. Again this is also another good start :)

Thanks for reading,

Wendy

Warren Cottis, post: 120167 wrote:
    Hey Khalid

I fully support this trust based concept… it’s how I run my business.

I also love Jay Abraham but in reality his concept of pre-eminence doesn’t have tangible day to day marketing application for bringing in business sooner than later for most FS members.

They might consider it as a progressive long term strategy of course but bear in mind that it took Jay years to perfect it and even he admits that sometimes in the early days he paid to get interviewed.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.