Home – New Forums Other discussions How do you feel when a supplier doesnt call as promised?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    ::

Howdy All,

Ok, this is yet another broad topic from me and it is coming from a place in my heart after reading a few FS posts that i have just come across recommending a supplier on here that recently promised me they would call to engage and chat about some upcoming work i have on the go…

Although, that call never happened.. no follow up, no email, no FS posts.. i have recently learnt that i can not always know what is happening in someone else’s life although i still feel a tad cheated by the no follow up..

How do you tackle this? do you gently remind the person of this proposed commitment? ignore them or move on after a specified time period???

I know this carries across from me as a supplier as i personally endeavor to ensure i follow up all queries and at least revisit the query, if time permits, just to ensure all is ok still… i dont like letting people down, so i guess this carries over to my expectations of others… Am i too harsh to expect people to follow up on their commitments?? OMG reading that last sentence sounds idiotic!!!!!

Happy to hear your thoughts, and experiences.. keep em funny, clean and not pointed towards specific people please..

Cheers
    Jason ;)

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Fresh-Twist
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Without customers, we have no business so we make sure we call / email every and each of our customers to make sure their order was delivered in good conditions and the are happy with the product… that being said, we do not have a huge amount of customers and I have seen in my other career that it is sometimes easier said than done. So I think you should probably give them a second chance and make sure you put enough safeguards if you ever decide to work with them.

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

doo dee dum…

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

I try to call when promised, and 99% of the time I do.

But, I have stuffed up before, got my times mixed up, forgot to put it in my calendar, missed an email or otherwise been human.

ScarlettR
    • Total posts: 396
    Up

Definitely get in touch with them. Just say something like,
    “Just touching base with you to see if you’re still interested in… I haven’t heard from you, hope all is well.”

It doesn’t have to be awkward and you’re right, we can’t pinpoint what the reason is. It’s okay just to give them a bump and find out what’s happening.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.