Home – New Forums Marketing mastery How do you prefer to learn?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ProWriter
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi there fellow FS enthusiasts,
    I’m currently developing a range of low-cost information products that will help small businesses to stand out from the crowd. My aim is to streamline this valuable information so that busy SB owners can easily adapt the strategies and get on with doing whatever they’re great at.

My question to you is… how do you prefer to learn? Would you rather:
    a) Listen to a series of teleseminars/listen to audio recordings?
    b) Read a book or eBook?
    c) Attend a 1/2 day or 1 day workshop?
    d) Do an eCourse – i.e. a series of articles/exercises sent out on a weekly or fortnightly basis?
    e) Watch a YouTube video?

The products may end up being a combination of the above.

Any or all comments are most welcome.

Many thanks and best wishes for 2010,
    Lyndall Guinery-Smith
    Kiss Your Competition Goodbye

[email protected]

Want to grow your small service business?
    Find strategies to get you streets ahead at
    http://www.KissYourCompetitionGoodbye.com

Accounts Studio
    • Total posts: 516
    Up

Hi

Personally from a time point of view I prefer either a webinar type of thing or a workshop – a webinar because I can listen whilst multitasking and no travel time involved – but I have to say I do love workshops as you are forced to do the work there and then – too often it is easy to do courses, listen to advice etc but then never put aside the time to implement what has been learnt.

ProWriter
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Hi Sophie

Thanks so much for your reply. I have to say that I’m the same. Going to workshops forces you to complete the work on the day, but sometimes we go home and forget about it (well, I know I do!). I’m trying to work out a simple way that people can learn and are likely to implement what they learn… What would you think about a workshop followed up by a webinar or something similar to see how you’re progressing? Would you find that an intrusion?

Thanks again – I really do value your input.

Best wishes,
    Lyndall Guinery-Smith

Jay-T
    • Total posts: 119
    Up

Personally I take information in any form it comes in…

The biggest challenge is getting your customer to use it and to get results.

There’s an endless amount of business building info products out there but your research has already been done by others before you.

1. Give your best ‘result getting’ idea away free so your customer can actually use straight away and get results fast – this helps them prove to themselves that your stuff works – some people give it away free without asking the visitor to opt in

2. make your lead product low cost – it should be very high value though – it should blow your reader away – but it’s really just a “name getter” to get names onto your list so you can identify those willing to pay real money for your information and also to set up a backend marketing communication

3. move them up your ladder of products – referred to as an “ascension ladder” – the reason you want move them on to more expensive and/or new products is (apart from profit) that if you’re not bringing new products to the table your list will become stale and leave to your competition for information you couldn’t come up with.

4. Innovate and bring more and more products to your list quickly – speed of marketing and product innovation is vital – even if it means introducing other peoples products for a partnership venture

check out companies like agora and jump on their “early to rise” newsletter for some world class marketing and product pitching

Introduce people with a low risk offer (money+time) just to get them on to your list and create a pathway for them to follow up to your more expensive products/coaching

Cheers

Will

BrightSpark
    • Total posts: 131
    Up

My choice is the workshop, for 2 reasons:
    1. While you are there you are working on that topic.
    2. You get to meet and network with other people which could be the start of you working with them at a latter date.

onlineiq
    • Total posts: 93
    Up

For me it depends on how motivated I am about a particular topic.
    If it is of high relevance to me right now, I will subscribe to whatever method it is delivered in (tho attending actual workshop would be least likely due to cost of travelling – usually interstate).

Whatever the format I always like some kind of transcript – physical copy of the content, so I can absorb more, go over it, write down my action steps and so on.

If a topic is not as critical, I just save it and add it to my library.

Love YouTube/video presentations also, but also find I have to feel I have ‘an hour’ or whatever to spare to watch it, whereas a transcript can be scanned for relevance much more quickly.

ServiceGuru
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Thanks for your input everyone – I really appreciate it.

Best wishes,
    Lyndall

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

I vote:
    A + C + D

A – because I can listen to it in my car and/or whilst doing other things

B – as i learn best doing something hands on, plus as other people have mentioned: it forces me to do it because my only reason for being at the seminar / workshop is to do it … plus the networking opportunities

C – as it feeds in to my feeling like i am accomplishing something and i can then block out the time i need to devote in my day to doing it (try to keep this minimal – something like an hour a day or 4 hours a week)

SteveDavidson
    • Total posts: 80
    Up

My own preference is a book for speed, and a workshop for very fiddly or artistic endeavours where it helps to have an expert on hand.

I do have to admit, though, that I loathe workshops which force everyone to the same pace. There are few things more aggravating than sitting staring at the ceiling while waiting for the other half of the class to grind through the questions the first half answered twenty minutes ago.

kenmac
    • Total posts: 26
    Up

Hi Lyndall – my preference is definitely a webinar followed by a workshop. I agree with what Will said as well. Suggest you ‘may’ like to check out GotoWebinar.com (or maybe it’s GotoMeeting.com – can’t remember)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.