Home Forums Starting your journey How do you select an EFTPOS machine and point of sale?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    DanseMacabre
    • Total posts: 1

Hi guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. And finally jumping into solopreneurship!

I’m looking to open a store and I have a few questions about EFTPOS that more seasoned people could help with.

• I need an EFTPOS machine and point of sale software. Which do you pick first and why?
    • How do you select an EFTPOS machine? There’s a lot out there and I don’t really understand what I need
    • Is there anything about EFTPOS and/or point of sale that you wish you knew when you signed up?
    • Is there anywhere I can get advice on this stuff?

Thanks in advance!

Dave – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 2,526

Welcome to the forums [USER=118047]@DanseMacabre[/USER]!

You could contact the main providers and ask questions?
    Ask similar businesses what they use?

Some of our members may be able to help if you share what type of store/business/situation you need it for.

Dave

VoIPSmart
    • Total posts: 22

When choosing a POS, you first need to draft a list of your business requirements. Ask yourself if you need

– Stock management
    – Third party integrations (accounting software etc…)
    – Are you selling products by SKU or barcodes, do you need a barcode scanner
    – Digital currency only or cash (cash drawer etc…)
    – Staff login management (pin, finger print, barcode, swipe card etc..)

Also, ask yourself if you would prefer a POS with local support or if US based support is ok.

Do you want to run it for a tablet or do you want equipment already loaded with POS.

If I were you, I would select 4 or 5, have it on a spreadsheet with your requirements and tick which POS does what and then you can compare which has the features you want.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.