Home – New Forums Tech talk How dow I get Backlinks from relevant sites?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    PowerofWords
    • Total posts: 179
    Up
    ::

Hi all, Having read a fair amount about SEO I know I could do with some better Page Ranking links going to my site. However most of my 39 links have not increased my page ranking at all as they are 0 or 1 PageRank. (Hot frog being the exception). What types of business would perhaps agree to give a freelance copywriter and author like myself a decent link?

Jennifer

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Hi Jennifer

Being a freelance writer I would have thought the most obvious start would be to write and submit articles to high profile sites.

A number of the Flying Solo’s contributors benefit hugely (and very deservedly) by having their urls on our site.

This strategy does of course take time…but it certainly works.

If you’d like to know more about contributing to us, the procedure to be followed is outlined here.

LeelaCosgrove
    • Total posts: 634
    Up

Yeah, Flying Solo would help.

So would many of the other article sites … go for the biggies …

What most people forget about, though, is OFFline strategies to get your online stuff working.

Many of my best reciprocal links have come from relationships developed offline.

BrightSpark
    • Total posts: 131
    Up

ASK, when you find a site that you think you have a connection with send them and email and ask if they would link to you. Not only in your email include your web address in the signature but also any thing that goes out from you should have you web address on it. This can be envelopes, business cards, postcards, articles, letterhead, invoices, quotes and even invites for a cup of coffee. If possible make it clickable. I notice that you have you web address in your footer here but it is not clickable which means extra work for anyone to go to your site and people being people will always take the easy way out and not bother.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.