Home – New Forums Tech talk How I can get rid of my land line keeping the number?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Marius Ciocan
    • Total posts: 44
    Up
    ::

I would like to get rid of my land Line and use the existing number on my mobile.

So I would like to retain my Land Line number I had in the last 3 years for obvious reasons…

There is any simple and cost effective way to do that?
    Thank you.

Brent@Ontrax
    • Total posts: 336
    Up

Hi Marius,

You need to talk to Steve from Divert To Mobile. He is a forum regular and he can convert your current landline into a virtual number (therefore keeping the number) and automatically divert all the calls to your mobile phone.

His website is: http://diverttomobile.com.au/ or here is his Flying Solo Profile… http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/directory/34508/divert-to-mobile

Brent

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

Some VOIP providers do allow you to PORT over your existing landline number to a DID voice over IP number. For a much lower fee than paying PSTN rental you can then divert the calls to your mobile.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up
    Marius Ciocan, post: 180934 wrote:
    I would like to get rid of my land Line and use the existing number on my mobile.

So I would like to retain my Land Line number I had in the last 3 years for obvious reasons…

There is any simple and cost effective way to do that?
    Thank you.

Hi we can do exactly that for you with some added features as well.
    If you would like to discuss give me a call or send me your number and I’ll call you.

Steve

TehCamel
    • Total posts: 873
    Up

if Steve can’t help you – I did exactly that, ported my landline number to Internode VoIP – it’s 5.99 a month or somethig like that, plus I get call credits totalling $5.00 (I think)

I just forward it permanently to my mobile.

Marius Ciocan
    • Total posts: 44
    Up

Thank you TehCamel. I will not go with Steve since the services he offers are too advanced for my needs… I only need a simple forwarding to my mobile and I can do that cheaper with TeleCube (you did it with Internode).

John Templeton
    • Total posts: 65
    Up

Yep we were able to do it with our ISP too. Converted the existing landline number to a VOIP number and diverted it to the mobile. Easy and cheap as.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.