Home – New Forums Starting your journey How long before you get into business?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    GroutProWA
    • Total posts: 19
    Up
    ::

Hi guys,

Just started franchising in Australia and interested in some feedback on how long the decision time is for getting into business, typically a small business where the start-up cost is under $30,000

Our offering is brilliant ( excellent value for $$ at 30k, too cheap I think) and the product/service is very good. The earning potential is also excellent.
    We do not have a sales pitch, we simply give prospective franchisee’s the facts as they are.

What I am finding is people take very long from the time they start looking to the time they actually make a decision.

Does anyone have any stats or research to give me more insight into this matter?

Thanks in Advance

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Rush,

I’ll be interested to learn what you discover in your investigations, but it makes sense to me that people would take a long time to make a decision on this – there are a lot of factors to be considered, both about the opportunity itself and about what it means for their own lifestyles and incomes.

Good luck in your research, and please share the results with us.
    Jayne

Safe Skies
    • Total posts: 202
    Up

HI

I think it depends on what you are offering, you will think that it is great value because you are selling it, others may think not.

I think you would struggle to put a time line on this because every body is different, if people are not signing up the offer is in my opinion not value for money or you are attracting the wrong people.

Good look, i used to see a lot of your types of business in the UK when i was a tiler for a few years.

Let me ask you something, whats stopping somebody doing this on there own? you may have a great idea but someone might look at what you are offering and then think i could do that on my own for 30K… Just some food for thought.

Good luck i like you idea.

G

GroutProWA
    Up
    Safe Skies, post: 69626 wrote:
    Let me ask you something, whats stopping somebody doing this on there own? you may have a great idea but someone might look at what you are offering and then think i could do that on my own for 30K… Just some food for thought.

Good luck i like you idea.

G

Hello Safe skies, nothing stops you starting your own business for 30k, in fact you dont need to spend 30k, because the tools are only worth 15k.
    Great, you say, you save yourself 15k.

Well some of the questions to ask before you start are:

– how long will it take you to get to where an established business is?
    – How many mistakes will you make before you learn the system and how much will it cost you ?
    – Do you have access to the right products that give you the results?
    – How much time and $$ will you need to allocate to branding, marketing,
    – how will you cost effectively advertise in newspapers, radio and eventually
    tv?
    – the list goes on, you get the idea :)

You are right, we are a very specialized service and do not compete but complement tilers and cleaners.

Thank YOU!!

GroutProWA
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 69624 wrote:
    Good luck in your research, and please share the results with us.
    Jayne

Jayne, I can tell you its been fantastic over the last 2 months meeting people from all walks of life, professionals, tradies, and even business owners.

I have many stories to share :) but I will summarize my research when I have a few months worth of data for you.

So far we have those that jump at the opportunity and others that go away skeptical. We will achieve more success with time :)

for now keep chipping away :) x

Safe Skies
    • Total posts: 202
    Up

Grout Pro

I fully understand what you are saying regarding what you offer, i was just pointing out what others might think and thats why the decision time takes so long of they walk away.

Best of luck

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.