Home – New Forums Selling online How many of you use WordPress as an Ecommerce cart?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    BizPromo
    • Total posts: 23
    Up
    ::

Wordpress – Woocommerce as your shopping cart?

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

question?

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

context?

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up

I’m not sure if this is what you’re after, but there’s some guides out there about how many businesses use which platform.
    e.g.
    https://trends.builtwith.com/shop/WooCommerce

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Bait?

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    BizPromo
    Up

Sorry guys, just wanted to know if you use wordpress as shopping cart, how satisfied are you with it?

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up
    BizPromo, post: 240545, member: 32451 wrote:
    Sorry guys, just wanted to know if you use wordpress as shopping cart, how satisfied are you with it?

I think people would be happier if you said why you want to know.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    BizPromo, post: 240545, member: 32451 wrote:
    Context?
    J.Zkan
    • Total posts: 87
    Up

Friend of mine uses one, hes happy with it.

Works well.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

WP and WC are an accepted standard – there are a lot of alternatives but a lot of people that use the 2 together are very happy.

Pin Payments
    • Total posts: 33
    Up

The vast majority of our merchants use WooCommerce or Shopify. I’d personally recommend WooCommerce because there’s no 3rd party gateway fee, and it can handle true multicurrency without needing to setup multiple instances.

enix
    • Total posts: 28
    Up

In fear of someone doing a Google search, landing here, and not getting much information;

WooCommerce feels very “wordpressy”, and is really easy to use. There are some things that don’t come all that naturally, like sizing and colors, but once you learn how to apply attributes it’s super easy.

You can also pay a little extra and get some decent plugins. One plugin I really liked was the bundle plugins so I could bundle items, apply a discount, and get some old stuff out of my stock room lol :)

It supports nearly every payment option, you can install plugins to manage tracking from your website, and there’s even a BETA POS system that you can nab for it (although I have not used it in a couple of years).

If you’re looking for a cheap e-commerce portal and have some time to play around with it, you can get a $2/month hosting plan, whack a wordpress/woocommerce setup, find a woocommerce compatible theme (nice ones go for only $60 on themeforest) and tinker around with it to make a really nice website.

Shopify and other e-commerce retailers will, however, give a much more user friendly option, have support for the product and make it easier to setup some good features. But if you’re looking for DIY, Woocommerce is the way to go.

Personally, I use WooCommerce as a stock-management system. My POS and online shop are intertwined so I always know levels, prices are always consistent, and I can take nearly any type of payment. When I went to events, I would load up WooCommerce POS and just use that (i didnt need anything fancy), then I would email the receipts to the customer. At the same time, I could sign them up for our newsletter.

For styling I find WordPress reasonably easy to hack new features in and modify it for my needs. I also find the theme support really good. Back end is super easy/clean, managing products is easy, and you dont have to worry about having “multiple shops”, which was a massive deal breaker for me at the time.

Now, I might need multiple shops, so I’m going to revisit magento, but I definitely, 100%, recommend woocommerce if you’re looking for a DIY ecommerce website.

Sus2k
    • Total posts: 24
    Up

Wordpress works wonders, without any limitations. I use it for my website.

heftzwecke
    • Total posts: 213
    Up

I use shopify. You need a checklist what is important for you. For example customer service or easy to use….

MCoWebsiteDesign
    Up

I have used shopify, and magento, and wordpress extensively. shopify is easiest but expensive, woo is the best in my opinion and magento is much harder to customise and work in, but offers more ecom features.

If i had over 1000 products id go Magento, under that woo.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.