Home – New Forums Starting your journey how much comission should i ask for?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    thinkingbig
    • Total posts: 27
    Up
    ::

Hi

I am on the planning stage of my idea and need to get the most important thing sorted out- comission. I need around 100 clients on my site, everything on one theme centralised. Each purchase will cost around $15 for the customer. Would a 10% comission be alright to ask for, making it me earning $1.5 per sale of a $15 item?

Also, should i ask for a monthly fee (maybe $20) because i will be advertising their brand and other associated products on my site?

any help is appreciated

cheers

mike_allen
    • Total posts: 74
    Up
    thinkingbig, post: 37325 wrote:
    Hi

I am on the planning stage of my idea and need to get the most important thing sorted out- comission. I need around 100 clients on my site, everything on one theme centralised. Each purchase will cost around $15 for the customer. Would a 10% comission be alright to ask for, making it me earning $1.5 per sale of a $15 item?

Also, should i ask for a monthly fee (maybe $20) because i will be advertising their brand and other associated products on my site?

any help is appreciated

cheers

How about a sliding commission based on sales? I also have a feeling that an internet sale should be > $50 to be cost effective for physical goods. You could also waive the monthly fee as part of your sliding commission.

thinkingbig
    Up

hey

what do you mean by cost-effective? Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question. My site will only give out codes (meaning a code will enable verification of purchase) and not deliver anything physicaly. So there is no cost there.

mike_allen
    Up
    thinkingbig, post: 37336 wrote:
    hey

what do you mean by cost-effective? Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question. My site will only give out codes (meaning a code will enable verification of purchase) and not deliver anything physicaly. So there is no cost there.
    Oh I was just musing on the subject, every business has a sweet spot that is the ideal sale. If I sell a $15 item I have to process the sale the same as for a $50 item with a lot of the same overheads. But if I sell 3 x $15 items in one transaction I’m a happier little camper.

Have you thought about return customers in your commission structure?

thinkingbig
    Up

when you mean sliding scale, can you give me an example.

Say i sell 100 items in one day?

In my business proposal, mostly one customer will buy my item once and rarely multiple times (because of the nature of the item). I can get several items sold however each by different customers.

mike_allen
    Up
    thinkingbig, post: 37489 wrote:
    when you mean sliding scale, can you give me an example.

Say i sell 100 items in one day?

In my business proposal, mostly one customer will buy my item once and rarely multiple times (because of the nature of the item). I can get several items sold however each by different customers.

I was thinking that if you were going to charge $20, you’d give them 10 transactions free, then 10% up to say 100 and 5% over that. Or something like that

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.