Home – New Forums Marketing mastery How much do you spend on Social Media Marketing?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Carbonite Australia
    • Total posts: 118
    Up
    ::

This forum is filled with ideas and advice on SEO and Social Media Marketing, so I was wondering if small businesses in Australia actually spent money on this and approx how much?

At Carbonite we didn’t spend any money with any external parties, we had a couple of internal resources when we launched the site (me and another guy) and then that just became me and still is.

It worked itself out to be a few hours per week.

What about you, is social media part of your marketing budget or are you just doing yourself?

MAli
    • Total posts: 107
    Up

I spend a lot of time on FB, creating certain tabs I think people might like, making a custom page for those who are not fans etc, emailing clients/pros clients….spend a lot of time on Fb and linking it to my twitter and my site etc.

mexham
    • Total posts: 302
    Up

We are similar to you. We don’t spend anything money wise on Social Media. But only time-wise and we probably put in a couple of hours a week on it.

Other than the feel good factor of having and interacting with fans and followers it is hard to know how effective it is. I wouldn’t be inclined to spend money in this area without proven results either.

Chromatix
    Participant
    • Total posts: 85
    Up

It really is a time spend more than a cost one, though we have been asked to help our clients set up Facebook and Twitter accounts (which we charged our usual hourly fee).

If its time spend you’re talking about then it really depends on what industry you’re in. We’re a web design and SEO studio, so we take to our posts, updates quite a bit throughout the day. If you spread it over the day, you don’t really feel the effects of it. A quick 1hr a day in total should be plenty.

All the best with it!

Irwin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.