Home – New Forums Marketing mastery How much should an appointment setter cost?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    agcon
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,
    sorry if this question has been posted before…

We are a small business that leases monitors with content to other retail outlets, restaurants, etc. I won’t go into detail as to what exactly we do here as I am after advice on appointment setters, not trying to market my product. Our price ranges from $40 per week to several hundred bucks. Our average or most common price point probably sits in at around $80.

With this in mind does anyone have any advice as to a cost effective way of using an appointment setter to make appointments for us to show our product to new potential customers? We want to pay only for appointments set, not an hourly rate…

Also interested in the names of any businesses that people have used that they had good results with…

TehCamel
    • Total posts: 873
    Up

I remember coming across a way to calculate this – I apologise that I dodn’t remmber it.

basically, you want to take your unit of sale – you mentioned an avg is $80.00 per week, or roughly 4,200 PA.
    I don’t know what your other overheads are, but if you spent $420 for a qualified appointment, would it be worth it for you?

or, look at it the other way.. “if an appointment is going to cost me $XYX, then I need to make $ABC revnue from each appointment’

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

not sure if you’ve considered the possibility that appointment setting on the first call is like asking someone on a date the first time you meet. I used to be an appointment setter in uni days for mortgage reduction, financial planning and negative gearing.

The real cost is just too high because for every appointment you set, you miss out on at least 4 future clients. For every $2k you make via appointment setting, you lose at least $8k in future sales.

This means you are losing more clients than you gain by burning leads.

The cost would be a lot less if your objective was lead generation combined with an automated follow up campaign. so pay per hour + $x for email and even more for email & physical address for a automated follow up campaign.

List building is the foundation of creating a solid business.

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

No-one is going to achieve 100% success in making calls to set appointments. Do you really think an appointment setter is going to want to be paid for only some of the calls they make and not all of them? There is their time plus the cost of each call.

I know of some who charge by the number of calls they make rather than by the hour.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

I just received a quote for around 3k per month.
    I dont know where that sits in the scheme of things.

Steve

UncoverHiddenProfits
    • Total posts: 17
    Up

Hi I tend to agree with Kahlib that often it isn’t a worthwhile direction to take financially. Good appointment setters cost a lot because they are good. Cheap ones burn a lot of leads and could give you a bad rep.

I know you probably don’t like doing it yourself and probably will rationalise you should spend your time doing more productive activity, and I have thought the same thing myself in the past but have come to realise it is one of the most valuable actives you can get into to build your business. It keeps you in touch with what the target markets emotional drivers are, or in other words what problems they have that your products would solve.

The best part is listening to the exact words your prospects use to describe their issues and how they would like them solved. This means you can use this in your marketing messages as well as your sales presentations. By doing the appointment setting yourself you can change things as your markets wants and desires change.

Cheers

Mick

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

That’s a great summary Peta, and I’m sure it will be helpful to a few people who are wondering about hiring appointment setters for their businesses.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us :)
    Jayne

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.