Home – New Forums Tech talk How to advertise a new software?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #982138
    Kelvin.C
    Member
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi there,
    We have recently launched a web based software, and I have been trying to advertise it through google adwords, adroll and facebook. The response was not that good.

    It there any other ways to promote this software?

    Cheers

    #1135211
    IT Advocate
    Member
    • Total posts: 195
    Up
    0
    ::

    Might help if you tell us what the software and website is and does?

    #1135212
    Kelvin.C
    Member
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    0
    ::
    IT Advocate, post: 153882 wrote:
    Might help if you tell us what the software and website is and does?

    Hi IT Advocate

    It is a virtual office which helps to manage contact, sales, inventory and accounting.

    the url is https://www.just2cloud.com/

    Cheers

    #1135213
    PRO
    Member
    • Total posts: 450
    Up
    0
    ::

    Love the website.

    Your pricing is outstanding.

    Any chance you are bringing out law firm office software? It is an area that is done terribly at the moment or super expensive.

    Eg of fees

    2.2% of turnover

    or

    $240 per user per month (and this software is pretty crappy)

    or

    $15 per file (still requires office based server)

    If you could make great software at $30 per user per month you would absolutely kill it. At $50 per user per month if it was spot on you would still kill it.

    Good luck

    D

    #1135214
    Kelvin.C
    Member
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    0
    ::
    PRO, post: 153915 wrote:
    Love the website.

    Your pricing is outstanding.

    Any chance you are bringing out law firm office software? It is an area that is done terribly at the moment or super expensive.

    Eg of fees

    2.2% of turnover

    or

    $240 per user per month (and this software is pretty crappy)

    or

    $15 per file (still requires office based server)

    If you could make great software at $30 per user per month you would absolutely kill it. At $50 per user per month if it was spot on you would still kill it.

    Good luck

    D

    Yeah, we will do customization based on customer’s requirements. $30 per user per month is a good price. :)

    Really want to know more about law firm office software, do you know any of it? we love to study on it.

    Cheers

    Thanks Darryl

    #1135215
    PRO
    Member
    • Total posts: 450
    Up
    0
    ::

    Email me and I will send info
    D

    #1135216
    Kelvin.C
    Member
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    0
    ::
    PRO, post: 153925 wrote:
    Email me and I will send info
    D

    Just sent :)

    #1135217
    James
    Participant
    • Total posts: 268
    Up
    0
    ::

    A good way to get some traction might be to offer 10 or so business bloggers a free year of your software or some cash to review the software. Social proof is going to be critical in uptake, I always check software reviews before buying in.

    It’s always worth trying to segment your market more. My knowledge is that established businesses all have their software pretty ingrained, so your audience is new businesses. You could offer to get out to some small business training groups to teach them about book-keeping and other admin tasks, and then add a small plug for your admin software at the end.

    A couple of things that might be putting people off on the website:

    • Grammatical errors in a lot of the copy. Makes people feel insecure.
    • Not much mention of support, and no visible phone number. Businesses need to know that if they can’t access the mission critical information that’s stored in your software, there is someone is available at the other end to help instantly.
    • No actual screenshots of the software. I don’t want to sign up for a trial just to see what it looks like. The back-end panel is where a user is going to spend 100% of their time so they need to know what they are getting.
    #1135218
    Kelvin.C
    Member
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    0
    ::
    James Rayers, post: 153952 wrote:
    A good way to get some traction might be to offer 10 or so business bloggers a free year of your software or some cash to review the software. Social proof is going to be critical in uptake, I always check software reviews before buying in.

    It’s always worth trying to segment your market more. My knowledge is that established businesses all have their software pretty ingrained, so your audience is new businesses. You could offer to get out to some small business training groups to teach them about book-keeping and other admin tasks, and then add a small plug for your admin software at the end.

    A couple of things that might be putting people off on the website:

    • Grammatical errors in a lot of the copy. Makes people feel insecure.
    • Not much mention of support, and no visible phone number. Businesses need to know that if they can’t access the mission critical information that’s stored in your software, there is someone is available at the other end to help instantly.
    • No actual screenshots of the software. I don’t want to sign up for a trial just to see what it looks like. The back-end panel is where a user is going to spend 100% of their time so they need to know what they are getting.

    James, thank you for your comment :)

    #1135219
    UTX Training
    Member
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    0
    ::

    Targetted cold calling. You need to get out the directory, identify clients who would really benefit for your service (which admittedly is going to be hard for your specific service) and then get calling.

    #1135220
    Kelvin.C
    Member
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    0
    ::
    UTX Training, post: 154292 wrote:
    Targetted cold calling. You need to get out the directory, identify clients who would really benefit for your service (which admittedly is going to be hard for your specific service) and then get calling.

    Thanks UTX Training

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.