Home – New Forums Marketing mastery How to appear/feature in small business articles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    KylePopupchef
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi FS community

I’m wondering if anyone can provide advice on how they have had media articles published about their small business? I see a lot of articles in Syd Morning Herald about interesting small businesses and questioned how they actually made it happen.

I have read a Press Release emailed to journalists is one way of potentially making this happen.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Kyle

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

I would suggest that press releases / media / pr is the most likely avenue for getting published. Most websites for magazines and papers will have a PR email or form you can fill out if you don’t want to pay someone to write your press release for you.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Kyle,

We’ve got a whole swag of articles about PR here on Flying Solo, and I think you’ll find having a read through them will give you heaps of tips.

Good luck, and please be sure to let us know how you get on,
    Jayne

Wordsmith
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

Hi Kyle
    A media release is the best way to do achieve your media marketing goal.
    But then what? The journey shouldn’t stop there – there’s so much potential!
    You could consider:
    – Sharing it on your website – maybe a news page would be ideal. Here you could share media releases and coverage, which gives the impression of authority.
    – Splashing it out over social media – perhaps using it to launch an online competition or something to promotes engagement with your audience.
    – Include it in a newsletter, so as to impress current customers and keep you front of mind.
    I would recommend putting together a media/marketing strategy for your business. This why you can develop a strategy for maximising the opportunity.
    Happy to have a chat with you about this if you need any help. I’m a former journo, so I have some insights into how the newsdesk works ;)
    Kindest
    Kirsty

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.