Home – New Forums Marketing mastery How to contact regulars without p’ing them off

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    AquaGirl
    • Total posts: 112
    Up
    ::

Hey all!

Im in a dilemma because i recently moved my boutique to a new location after being on a busy street that unfortunately became a disaster. Most of you have heard how badly retail is doing, never mind someone new enough in business.

My question is, i did keep a list of mobile numbers from most of the customers who bought something at the other store and they were very happy with the price and how good they looked in their dress or whatever item they bought.

My new location is 5-10 min drive away and i would like to send texts to my list to let them know the new address but i want to do it in a way that doesnt seem like im hassling them, as they get enough of that in emails from businesses.

Anyone have any ideas of some nice incentive or event that may interest them in the text i send out?
    also, they may not connect the purchase they made with the name of the store since it is still new.. they may just remember that they got it on the busy st

I really appreciate your comments and ideas :)

thanks,
    Linda

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

I am wondering how you obtained their mobile numbers. Im not sure I’d be up for someone contacting me unless I had specifically left it for them for that reason.

Can you start afresh and use some sort of ipad up that signs people up (in store) to an e-newsletter?

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

A lot of people still don’t like texts – and it depends on what type of phone they use. If they are older people who just prefer a phone for phone calls like my mum, then texts never get read and just confuse her. Others will see it as spam and stay away.

I like the idea of collecting from new customers, but you need a way of getting people to know where you are now?

It sounds like you are starting from scratch again and need to advertise creatively. Have some editorial and photo in the local paper. If sending editorial it needs to be a story – not a promo. In other words, share a story of what happened when a customer bought ‘x’ and how it benefited them. Or the history of your shop. Or the reason you went into business and how. Anything that is of interest, not a promo.

Often the local journos will come to take photos and get a story – so make it something they want to know about.

All the best.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

I dislike receiving promotional texts as well. How about calling them and asking if they wouldn’t mind receiving updated business details by mail. Get their address and post them the information you want to send in an addressed envelope.

Steve

RebeccaC
    • Total posts: 27
    Up

It’s gutsy but I like the idea of calling them. You’d have to be careful how you play that one though…..

You can re-establish rapport when them and get an email address at the same time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.