Home Forums Marketing mastery How to convince local business to make a Website or Mobile App?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #999726
    supremesupports
    Member
    • Total posts: 20

    Hello,
    We are a local website development & mobile app service provider somewhere in Sydney. We outsource our services where we have more than 8 developers working for us off-shore. So we can provide the service at a minimum cost.
    But what I need to know, how to find & convince a small business to make a brand new website or create a mobile app for their business?
    Right now I’m working on Facebook business pages and sending them our proposal to work with us. Is there any better or effective way to do that?

    #1221082
    bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,472

    You shouldnt have to convince them if you have a value proposition for them, then they would jump at the opportunity.

    A small business or any business will take up the options, if you can show them a return on investment.

    But on the other side, a small business doesnt just need an app or website because you think they need one.

    #1221083
    RunicConvenience
    Member
    • Total posts: 186

    don’t convince them, no one wants to spend money because someone says they have to work on selling a “product” so that the people you cold contact are interested as soon as possible in the initial communication to get some of that so they want it.

    you need to sell them profitable details. for example an app for a home cleaning business maybe lets the client know the cleaner is on the way. lets them cancel or reschedule from the app upto 60 mins prior to the appointment. have the cleaner take photo of the site before and after then upload from the “worker app” then gets a push notification showing the clean rooms to the customer with a message of some sort “here if your clean home waiting for you. leave a review of of how you rate the cleaning work.”

    #1221084
    supremesupports
    Member
    • Total posts: 20
    RunicConvenience, post: 266982, member: 112020 wrote:
    don’t convince them, no one wants to spend money because someone says they have to work on selling a “product” so that the people you cold contact are interested as soon as possible in the initial communication to get some of that so they want it.

    you need to sell them profitable details. for example an app for a home cleaning business maybe lets the client know the cleaner is on the way. lets them cancel or reschedule from the app upto 60 mins prior to the appointment. have the cleaner take photo of the site before and after then upload from the “worker app” then gets a push notification showing the clean rooms to the customer with a message of some sort “here if your clean home waiting for you. leave a review of of how you rate the cleaning work.”
    Thanks. That’s what I need to know. Some positive reply. Yes, your reply somehow helped me a little bit.

    #1221085
    Hassle Free Website
    Member
    • Total posts: 108
    supremesupports, post: 266974, member: 114899 wrote:
    But what I need to know, how to find & convince a small business to make a brand new website

    Do you mean replace their old website or get one?

    #1221086
    supremesupports
    Member
    • Total posts: 20
    Hassle Free Website, post: 267030, member: 105019 wrote:
    Do you mean replace their old website or get one?
    No, I meant those businesses who don’t yet have any website.
    #1221087
    heylouise
    Participant
    • Total posts: 86

    If they don’t have a web presence already, it’s going to be an uphill battle to convince them to get one. Believe me, I’ve tried.

    #1221088
    businesstrade
    Participant
    • Total posts: 210
    heylouise, post: 267053, member: 79034 wrote:
    If they don’t have a web presence already, it’s going to be an uphill battle to convince them to get one. Believe me, I’ve tried.

    Agreed. Unfortunately, some business owners don’t understand technology nor have the desire to grow their business presence online. Some business owners are merely content that they have an income.

    You have a better chance selling it to people that are new and are hungry to grow their business or people that have tried and failed to build a website themselves (from previous personal experience).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.