Home – New Forums Marketing mastery How to create back links to our websites?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #969680
    Tim Davies
    Member
    • Total posts: 45
    Up
    0
    ::

    I’d love to hear some suggestions from people that have worked out an efficient way to get plenty of back links to your website? Im happy to reciprocate links, but it seems the rest of the web world isnt. I dont understand why, when we should all be about helping each other push ahead? (other than your direct competition that is).

    What about good directories which are a must?

    Thanks in advance fellow soloists.

    #1040002
    mattybee
    Member
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    0
    ::

    G’day Tim,

    Great looking website mate:)

    Can you tell me the keywords your looking to rank for?

    Remember backlinks are not always everything. I can get my oursourced workers to post 1 million to your site but not all backlinks are created equal.

    Goog to see another Geelong member here, I am from Point Lonsdale.

    #1040003
    Samot
    Member
    • Total posts: 157
    Up
    0
    ::

    I have spent time generating backlinks for clients and found that its just too time consuming. Finding a link builder overseas is your best bet. Very hard to find one who uses whitehat tactics and produces quality backlinks. But after a few hit and misses I found a guy who charges me 3$ for a PR 2-3 backlink which has relevant content which they call “thematic”. The sites are not link farms and you barely need that many backlinks to compete with some of the small business keywords in australia.

    I earn no commission and can give you contact details if you like.

    #1040004
    mark_xpnsit
    Member
    • Total posts: 140
    Up
    0
    ::

    It depends on your niche and target keywords.

    If you offer a service in a local area it maybe worth targeting Google local and getting on the Google map listings.

    However if you offer nationa/international services you obviously need to get as close to 1 spot on Google organic searches for your keyword.

    First do some keyword research and check it is realistic to achieve top rankings for your keywords – for example its going to be very hard to knock a .gov.au site off the top spot.

    Use the Google keyword research tool to check how many people are searching for your keyword.

    Then you can start building links, as already mentioned probably best to outsource and get your link builders to use article marketing, profile linking and forum posting.

    Also try to get some .com.au links to show your site is relevant to an Australian audience.

    Cheers!

    #1040005
    Leisa D
    Member
    • Total posts: 563
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi wouldn’t worry too much about sharing links, the holy grail of SEO is backlinks from reputable sites with high PR, and RELEVANT CONTENT.

    #1040006
    shags38
    Participant
    • Total posts: 83
    Up
    0
    ::
    Leisa at Alexandra Design, post: 48605 wrote:
    Hi wouldn’t worry too much about sharing links, the holy grail of SEO is backlinks from reputable sites with high PR, and RELEVANT CONTENT.

    Only partially correct Leisa – in my humble opinion. refer to the following which I posted earlier – I look forward to your comments – cheers, Mike

    Hi all,

    maybe someone else has already touched on this subject (hard to tell unless you read every post going back into history) – if so then excuse me.

    Networking is primarily about making contacts and sharing contacts right?

    How many in here have a website or a blog or a facebook page or a combination? Most I would think.

    What is one of the PRIMARY tools for getting your site ranked higher in Google search results? – INBOUND LINKS or backlinks.

    How do you get backlinks? – you can buy them or work hard to get them from others on the net.

    THINKING BEYOND THE SQUARE …….. if there are 25000 members of this site / forum and 50% have websites and/or blogs and/or facepage page (likely to be 99% however I will work with the lower figure for this exercise) – so that is 12,500.

    Aside from the many reasons we are here if one of them is to do some networking ………. penny dropped yet ?? …….. why do we not ALL exchange links with each other ??????????

    quote “the simple ideas are often the best” ………. EVERYONE of us could do with more links and very importantly as far as Google is concerned is QUALITY LINKS.

    Here is my proposal ……… this will work best with the sanction and co-operation of those that run this site. That should not be an issue I wouldn’t think.

    Quite simply we (FlyingSolo) sets up a page in here that all members can access and log in their website / blog / facebook url with a basic description of the subject matter of the site – if (and I don’t know why anyone would) you want anonimity then no need to put your name, just the url’s and description.

    Then every other member can copy and paste your urls into their site etc – EVERYBODY is a WINNER – nobody gains advantage over another , we all gain. The reason for the description is so others can pick and choose which links they want if they want to – some will look for links to specific subject matter / market segment types of sites (some will be choosy, others not – SEO experts vary on their assessment of how Google can actually “rate” the quality of a link as against just say they can to scare of linkfarm builders).

    I can hear some saying already …….. but someone else in here may have a site similar to mine in the same industry and hence they are a competitor and I don’t want to share a link with them ……. anothe quote “competition is a good thing not a bad thing, without competition we become complacent”. Also, if that is the case then they are already there right, look out the window, across the street to your left. I would be interested to hear any really valid counter arguements to this aspect.

    So peeps, what do you think? Please give your opinions, this could be most beneficial to all. FlyingSolo executive committee members of the board committee that assesses such proposals before passing it on the the supreme review council before it then goes to the hallowed halls for stamping – I look forward to your comments also – in triplicate. :)

    cheers all – get typing
    Mike

    #1040007
    seocourse
    Member
    • Total posts: 918
    Up
    0
    ::
    shags38, post: 48639 wrote:
    THINKING BEYOND THE SQUARE …….. if there are 25000 members of this site / forum and 50% have websites and/or blogs and/or facepage page (likely to be 99% however I will work with the lower figure for this exercise) – so that is 12,500.

    Aside from the many reasons we are here if one of them is to do some networking ………. penny dropped yet ?? …….. why do we not ALL exchange links with each other ??????????

    quote “the simple ideas are often the best” ………. EVERYONE of us could do with more links and very importantly as far as Google is concerned is QUALITY LINKS.

    Here is my proposal ……… this will work best with the sanction and co-operation of those that run this site. That should not be an issue I wouldn’t think.

    Quite simply we (FlyingSolo) sets up a page in here that all members can access and log in their website / blog / facebook url with a basic description of the subject matter of the site – if (and I don’t know why anyone would) you want anonimity then no need to put your name, just the url’s and description.

    Mike

    Delicious … a nice link exchange network…
    may be we can do a blog farm later on and grow some corn or carrots… ;)

    #1040008
    shags38
    Participant
    • Total posts: 83
    Up
    0
    ::

    Leisa,

    only part of my comment was copied – see my post in talking technology – a reply to SEO tips.

    cheers,
    Mike

    #1040009
    shags38
    Participant
    • Total posts: 83
    Up
    0
    ::
    seocourse, post: 48642 wrote:
    Delicious … a nice link exchange network…
    may be we can do a blog farm later on and grow some corn or carrots… ;)

    I really love people who offer sensible comment in replies – it really makes placing a post worthwhile.

    So, I can only assume that you do not favor the idea – no problem – but if you are going to bother to reply with comment at all why not make it one that explains in this case why you don’t like the idea and as importantly a suggestion to improve the post.??

    Or do you have your nose out of joint about my reply to your post? if so then say so, I am able to cop criticism – everyone else applauded your post, I “added” to it, added what I thought was useful and relevant – was I right, wrong or other? Apologies for the poo poo comment, bad choice of words however if I was a newbie I would be scratching my head – could have been better written, but then who has the time to do all that writing, not me, I’m not Superman. :)

    cheers,
    Mike

    p.s. being the SEO guru maybe you can tell, me if you are so inclined, what is the relevance of a trackback in here, in the bottom of a post, and its benefit if any to say inserting a url to one of my sites – I think I know but am not sure – I don’t do forums all that much

    #1040010
    seocourse
    Member
    • Total posts: 918
    Up
    0
    ::
    shags38, post: 48645 wrote:
    I really love people who offer sensible comment in replies – it really makes placing a post worthwhile.

    So, I can only assume that you do not favor the idea – no problem – but if you are going to bother to reply with comment at all why not make it one that explains in this case why you don’t like the idea and as importantly a suggestion to improve the post.??

    Or do you have your nose out of joint about my reply to your post? if so then say so, I am able to cop criticism – everyone else applauded your post, I “added” to it, added what I thought was useful and relevant – was I right, wrong or other? Apologies for the poo poo comment, bad choice of words however if I was a newbie I would be scratching my head – could have been better written, but then who has the time to do all that writing, not me, I’m not Superman. :)

    cheers,
    Mike

    Lol Mike.
    Chill.. in fact I love Corn and Carrots

    Building a public network of link building is like the Seagulls in Finding Nemo… mine.. mine… making a clear noice to google to recognize a patern in link building.

    seagulls1.jpg

    Creating one way link posted to another site, and creating reciprocal links for sure may help … but just a tiny bit.

    Why?

    You are sharing the link juice in a page full of links where google recognizes that the links are just in one “link” page that for sure will have zero page rank to pass..

    You may want to create a network for link building. I think that’s fine. I belong to a lot of paid networks… but I use it knowing the risks.

    You mention that google can’t crawled all the links pointing to a site?
    mmm google doesn’t need to crawled each link… they just need to do a link building pattern.

    Google doesn’t flag a site for the amount of links you link building but for the % of the speed you link building.

    so one day you build 3 links, the next day you join the flyingSolo link building farm and you get fantastic 3471 links. mmm may be that will break the link building pattern?

    Will you get any benefit? mmm may be…

    Is it worth to the risk as a long term strategy? : mmm I doubt.

    Just my 2 cents…

    #1040011
    seocourse
    Member
    • Total posts: 918
    Up
    0
    ::
    shags38, post: 48645 wrote:
    p.s. being the SEO guru maybe you can tell, me if you are so inclined, what is the relevance of a trackback in here, in the bottom of a post, and its benefit if any to say inserting a url to one of my sites – I think I know but am not sure – I don’t do forums all that much

    mmmm not guru.

    NINJA (my wife thinks Ninja are way cooler than gurus)

    The benefit of a trackback? In this case, if the trackback gets approved… Flying domain authority passes some kind of love the the domain name sending the trackback.

    In the same way , google likes to see your site linking to REAL site a trackback to a real site shows some kind of “we are a real site” to the eyes of the SERPS . Even more to Bing (go figure)

    But more than SEO… I guess makes people click ;)

    #1040012
    Peter – FS Administrator
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Mike (and all),

    Certainly an interesting discussion on the always passionate issue of backlinks going on!

    Setting up a formal backlink system isn’t something we’ll be doing anytime soon on Flying Solo. There are plenty of forums around that exist primarily for promotion, that is not us. Our preference has always been to focus on meaningful discussion, the sharing of ideas and mutual support.

    Yes, the lines do get blurred which means we have our work cut out to keep things in order.

    Always open to ideas though so thanks for contributing.

    Cheers,
    Peter

    #1040013
    Aidan
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up
    0
    ::

    I’d have to agree with avoiding obvious link farm type tactics and/or link wheels and or “get 1000 backlinks for just $47” type schemes.

    You can still use the power of Flying Solo and networking though…

    Find those members with blogs and sites relevant to yours and give a little bit to take a little bit. You could ask for a review of your products or services or maybe you could write interesting articles for the others sites, in return for a link or two of course…

    Tactics like that work very well actually! ‘In content’ links from other sites to yours are better than links from link pages anyday. You can also have those incoming links to your internal pages rather than just to your home page…

    Much lesser value but still worthwhile in some cases, offer some decent comment on those other blogs. Sure most will be noFollow but even noFollow links have their uses.

    A few blog owners might try to limit your comment backlinks to your home page but most allow deep links (IMO they all should for a few reasons but thats another story…)

    my 3 cents :)

    #1040014
    shags38
    Participant
    • Total posts: 83
    Up
    0
    ::
    FS Administrator, post: 48648 wrote:
    Hi Mike (and all),

    Certainly an interesting discussion on the always passionate issue of backlinks going on!

    Setting up a formal backlink system isn’t something we’ll be doing anytime soon on Flying Solo. There are plenty of forums around that exist primarily for promotion, that is not us. Our preference has always been to focus on meaningful discussion, the sharing of ideas and mutual support.

    Yes, the lines do get blurred which means we have our work cut out to keep things in order.

    Always open to ideas though so thanks for contributing.

    Cheers,
    Peter

    Peter,

    it does not need to be a “formal” link system – simply nothing more than a thread / board – one single place for members to put their urls if they so desire – or if not their urls then their name indicating they are receptive to sharing links. It’s not rocket science, it is not a diverse alteration to the directiuon of your charter – it fits in beautifully with “mutual support”.

    You know why I used 50% in my post – because some will have no interest whatsoever because they think they know more about SEO than anyone else, or because it wasn’t their idea, or they are in a comfort zone and have no spark about them, the entreprenuerial spark has faded.

    The comments to date have been in respect to the NEGATIVE SEO perceptions of the individuals who commented – that doesn’t mean it is not a worthwhile exercise – some comment I agreed with whilst not agreeing with all of it, that is what SEO is all about. How members avail themselves of such link opportunities rests with the individual – me, I wouldn’t throw up 1000 in a short period of time as was inferred, others might, they would be doing the same with purchased links in any case.

    I am often confounded by the seemingly negative view that many business people in Australia take to doing something different or not the norm or means changing habits or thought processes. Only one person expressed any sense of merit in utilizing the resources of the collective membership – everyone else wanted to discuss SEO –

    READ MY LIPS – SEO IS NOT THE SUBJECT IOF THE DISCUSSION!!! The post had nothing to do with SEO – IT HAD TO DO WITH MEMBERS SHARING COMMON FREE RESOURCES ………. THEN putting them to use in improving their site ranking, if they wished.

    The subject of the discussion was about an avenue of sharing resources to assist each other to improve if they desired to.

    What is the benefit of discussion if it does not engender or encourage positive action?

    I suppose we, and I say we because I am sure there will be some others amongst your 26000 members that see the merit of this, we will have to do it the hard way – starting a thread not aimed at discussion per se but to participate in sharing links.

    PROBLEM !!!!!!! – THE SYSTEM WILL NOT ALLOW IT – WE WILL GET SMACKED FOR POSTING URLS

    So Peter, I look forward to your suggestion as to how members can exchange links in here. – the reference that this is not a link sharing site and that there are sites for that is in my humble opinion a reflection on the way that this sharing of resources suggestion has been viewed / perceived – “PROMOTION” ? -how did promotion get into the discussion (perception again).

    Heres a thought before I go – organize a poll.

    cheers,
    Mike – please excuse spelling but I was rushing

    #1040015
    shags38
    Participant
    • Total posts: 83
    Up
    0
    ::
    Aidan, post: 48704 wrote:
    You can still use the power of Flying Solo and networking though…

    Find those members with blogs and sites relevant to yours and give a little bit to take a little bit. You could ask for a review of your products or services or maybe you could write interesting articles for the others sites, in return for a link or two of course…

    Tactics like that work very well actually! ‘In content’ links from other sites to yours are better than links from link pages anyday. You can also have those incoming links to your internal pages rather than just to your home page…

    Aiden,

    thanks for your comments – I only hope others will read that line “you can still use the power FS and networking though” – at least someone looked beyond the square when they thought about my post – what individuals do with the shared links is their issue, not anyone elses.

    cheers,
    Mike

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.