Home – New Forums Logistics How to find distributors & buyers?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Dandylion
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hi, I’m new to Flying Solo. I have a family product I’ve offered to import & sell. I want to be able to wholesale & distribute to retailers but don’t know where to begin? Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Dandylion,

Welcome to the forums!

In order to get some useful advice, please let us know where you’re up to with your business, what you’ve tried so far, and where you’ve searched for information (and what exactly is the first thing you need help with?).

Then the right people will be able to point you in the right direction or give you some specific info.

Thanks for joining us and I hope to see you around. :)

Dave

Brooke Curline
    • Total posts: 120
    Up
    Dandylion, post: 180360 wrote:
    Hi, I’m new to Flying Solo. I have a family product I’ve offered to import & sell. I want to be able to wholesale & distribute to retailers but don’t know where to begin? Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

Hi,
    I’m interested to know exactly the nature of the product that you are looking to sell – I’m a Sales Agent, and if I have the correct contacts for your product, maybe we can work together. Look forward to your response.

Kind Regards
    Brooke Curline

Dandylion
    Up

Hi Guys,
    Thank you for responding Brooke, & yes Dave I should give more info.
    The product is an incredibly moisturising & smoothing foot cream. I have created a company and imported my first batch of cream. I have been door knocking beauty salons and pharmacies, it’s pretty pink and white packaging would also sit well in small woman’s clothing stores. There is more to the range, like hand cream etc, but I thought I’d start from the feet up. It is selling, rather slowly at just a few places. Larger companies have buying departments or groups that are not interested in new brands with no sales history in Australia. But I’d like to find out if there is more I can do?
    I would really appreciate any advice!

Kind Regards
    Dandylion

MH08
    • Total posts: 284
    Up

Welcome Dandylion,

As a distributor, I don’t sell any of those sort of products, but when something within my industry is new, then I take it all on consignment to see if we can move the product through our existing channels.

If this can’t be done we give the product back or have another willing distributor to take the product off our hands.

That’s the quickest way, I set the terms and the time frame we think we can do it, usually 3 months and go from there.

You would need endorsements from agencies or celebrities, get that and people are willing to try what Kylie Minogue may be wearing. In saying that, I’m not sure if your in Sydney but walk through Bondi (especially here) or any Westfield and you will soon notice other cosmetic companies pushing their brand.

Ultra competitive market your in, but good luck.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Also, it would be wise to check the government rules for importing cosmetic items etc to resell.
    https://www.productsafety.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/971654

Dandylion
    Up
    MH08, post: 180425 wrote:
    Welcome Dandylion,

As a distributor, I don’t sell any of those sort of products, but when something within my industry is new, then I take it all on consignment to see if we can move the product through our existing channels.

If this can’t be done we give the product back or have another willing distributor to take the product off our hands.

That’s the quickest way, I set the terms and the time frame we think we can do it, usually 3 months and go from there.

You would need endorsements from agencies or celebrities, get that and people are willing to try what Kylie Minogue may be wearing. In saying that, I’m not sure if your in Sydney but walk through Bondi (especially here) or any Westfield and you will soon notice other cosmetic companies pushing their brand.

Ultra competitive market your in, but good luck.

Thank you MH08,

Thank you for the insight.
    Not sure how to find distributors in this industry, but I will keep searching!

Kind Regards
    Dandylion

Dandylion
    Up
    KarenC, post: 180430 wrote:
    Also, it would be wise to check the government rules for importing cosmetic items etc to resell.
    https://www.productsafety.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/971654

Hi KarenC,

Thank you. I’ve done the research, so far so good!

Kind Regards
    Dandylion

Need Leads?
    • Total posts: 54
    Up

Hi Dandyloin,

There is a directory of Australian Distributors via this link: http://www.arnnet.com.au/distributor_directory/

I hope this will help you.

Happy New Year and all the best in 2014 :)

Dandylion
    Up
    Need Leads?, post: 180534 wrote:
    Hi Dandyloin,

There is a directory of Australian Distributors via this link: http://www.arnnet.com.au/distributor_directory/

I hope this will help you.

Happy New Year and all the best in 2014 :)

Thank you QUOTE Need Leads,

But it seems to be for the tech industry.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Regards
    :) Dandylion

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up

Hello Dandylion

I’ve some information on my blog for you about wholesaling in Australia – I did it for 10 years.

Jenny

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.