Home – New Forums Marketing mastery How to find quality Australian affiliates?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Fresh
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

We recently created an affiliate program with 30% commission on our new range of skincare face mask products.

Now we are looking for high quality Australian affiliates, ideally those with websites/blogs/social networking targeting women in Australia who are interested in beauty/cosmetics/skincare, or even gifts for women, eg. Mother’s Day.

How do other merchants find high quality Australian affiliates? Are there particular forums to check out, or is it best to approach suitable websites/blogs directly?

Thanks for any advice!

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

with all due respect, any quality person will not take less than 50 % and you are looking closer to 75%.

why? bcos their commission is a one of whereas you can resell to the same client over and over again.

If you are strategic, let them keep 100% and write off the cost of the initial sale as marketing expense if you have the metrics on repeat purchase quantity and frequency.

That’s how you attract the best regardless of which country they are in. you can even make it scalable where you start with 50% and scale up to 100% if they reach a certain volume threshold.

I know it hurts to “give away” so much but you leave too much money on the table by sharing such a small percentage.

i can understand a 30% commission rate if you were selling a once off or big ticket item.

Freshy, post: 111874 wrote:
    Hi All,

We recently created an affiliate program with 30% commission on our new range of skincare face mask products.

Now we are looking for high quality Australian affiliates, ideally those with websites/blogs/social networking targeting women in Australia who are interested in beauty/cosmetics/skincare, or even gifts for women, eg. Mother’s Day.

How do other merchants find high quality Australian affiliates? Are there particular forums to check out, or is it best to approach suitable websites/blogs directly?

Thanks for any advice!

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    Up

with all due respect, any quality person will not take less than 50 % and you are looking closer to 75%.

why? bcos their commission is a one of whereas you can resell to the same client over and over again.

If you are strategic, let them keep 100% and write off the cost of the initial sale as marketing expense if you have the metrics on repeat purchase quantity and frequency.

That’s how you attract the best regardless of which country they are in. you can even make it scalable where you start with 50% and scale up to 100% if they reach a certain volume threshold.

I know it hurts to “give away” so much but you leave too much money on the table by sharing such a small percentage.

i can understand a 30% commission rate if you were selling a once off or big ticket item.

Freshy, post: 111874 wrote:
    Hi All,

Thanks for any advice!

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up
    Khalid Adam, post: 111878 wrote:

My understanding is that the 30% is also for repeat purchases up to a certain number of days, 45 days in this case, so not just one off sales.

I could be wrong, I have very little experience with affiliate marketing.

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up
    Khalid Adam, post: 111878 wrote:

My understanding is that the 30% is also for repeat purchases up to a certain number of days, 45 days in this case, so not just one off sales.

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    Up

I dont know if 45 days would be long enough. comes down to frequency of purchase.

sure the big boys only offer cookies that last days or a few weeks but it’s only because they have no shortage of affiliates.

products are everywhere and affiliates are an online commission only sales force. The sweeter the deal, the more quality affiliates / sales people you attract.

personally,i would opt for a joint venture with a competing or complementary organisation and only consider affiliates if someone approaches me instead of me offering it on a public forum.

just like commission only sales people, affiliates are a double edge sword and can lie through their teeth to get a sale which affects company and product reputation.

JohnTranter, post: 111883 wrote:

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    Up

I dont know if 45 days would be long enough. comes down to frequency of purchase.

sure the big boys only offer cookies that last days or a few weeks but it’s only because they have no shortage of affiliates.

products are everywhere and affiliates are an online commission only sales force. The sweeter the deal, the more quality affiliates / sales people you attract.

personally,i would opt for a joint venture with a competing or complementary organisation and only consider affiliates if someone approaches me instead of me offering it on a public forum.

just like commission only sales people, affiliates are a double edge sword and can lie through their teeth to get a sale which affects company and product reputation.

JohnTranter, post: 111883 wrote:

Sandy Naidu
    • Total posts: 116
    Up

Commission Monster is quite Good – it lists mainly Australian companies – you can list yours there – marketers usually go to these kind of affiliate directories to find products…

If you want to target US as well, look into cj.com and pepperjam

Sandy Naidu
    • Total posts: 116
    Up

Commission Monster is quite Good – it lists mainly Australian companies – you can list yours there – marketers usually go to these kind of affiliate directories to find products…

If you want to target US as well, look into cj.com and pepperjam

Fresh
    Up

Thanks all for your advice. Definitely we will improve the offer to affiliates based on your recommendations. We really want to reward high quality, Australian affiliates, so we have a win-win relationship. We think our face masks are quite innovative and an easy sell for affiliates which share our target markets.

Cheers!

Fresh
    Up

Thanks all for your advice. Definitely we will improve the offer to affiliates based on your recommendations. We really want to reward high quality, Australian affiliates, so we have a win-win relationship. We think our face masks are quite innovative and an easy sell for affiliates which share our target markets.

Cheers!

Melbourne Web Design
    • Total posts: 28
    Up

Thanks Sandy, just going to check out http://www.commissionmonster.com.au/, seams like a great business resource.

Melbourne Web Design
    • Total posts: 28
    Up

Thanks Sandy, just going to check out http://www.commissionmonster.com.au/, seams like a great business resource.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.