Home – New Forums Other discussions How to find “Your Top 5 People”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

I’ve heard frequently about the importance of having a group of top 5 people that inspire you the most and give you the most to learn from. I’m realising now that as much as I love my friends they’re not similarly growth minded and would rather just drink and play video games, which has its time and place for sure, but I need to branch out.

I’m trying to find out, how did you find your top 5 people or find like-minded people that ended up forming close relationships with? Is it always a mentor-mentee arrangement? Is it possible to find through extracurriculars?

Much thanks for your input!

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi and welcome to Flying Solo.

Most Soloists don’t need a Top 5 as they are Flying Solo.

Perhaps they have 5 providers they rely on like an Accountant?

Cheers
    Paul

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Cheers
    Paul

This is true, although as for the OP, i think its great they are looking for inspiration and someone to leverage or bounce off.. Many starters generally do look up to people although there is also a large amount of soloists that are self starters and push themselves, so it will also depend on the type of person/age/experience etc one is at..

I personally would love someone like @paul-fs-concierge to be a driving force for me or similar.. 🙂

OP, to find one you need to watch the space you play in and keep an eye out for successful operators locally or abroad that you like the approach of etc.. reach out to them, start a dialogue and go from there.. dont be needy, be open..

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    JonoW-15
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

I’ve heard frequently about the importance of having a group of top 5 people that inspire you the most and give you the most to learn from. I’m realising now that as much as I love my friends they’re not similarly growth minded and would rather just drink and play video games, which has its time and place for sure, but I need to branch out.

I’m trying to find out, how did you find your top 5 people or find like-minded people that ended up forming close relationships with? Is it always a mentor-mentee arrangement? Is it possible to find through extracurriculars?

Much thanks for your input!

For inspiration I’ll often lean on people that I’ve worked with in previous roles or they’ll be friends that are in a similar profession.

It is tricky going from a friendship to asking them for professional support. I think it’s a matter of testing the waters and see if they’re interested in providing help.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by JonoW-15.
    Forum Administrator
    [email protected]
    Participant
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

Cheers
    Paul

It’s right.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.