Home – New Forums Marketing mastery how to get chain store to stock my stuff

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gearing
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    ::

Tonight I successfully refrained myself from watching thrillers on TV such as “1000 ways to die” and take a dig into my beloved and be-troubled small business. Two months ago I posted a thread here for part-time business partner wanted. While the action is still on I feel perhaps it is time to have more thinking and listening. As I understand my biggest constraint is time. A nice lady, oh she got a nice photo too :) wrote an article on how to get large retailers to sell is far more interesting than “1000 ways to die”.

Now let’s be talkers instead of doers for now. Tell me if that is you who works 36 hours on one business how would you manage an extra business on top? Have you ever had experience selling to a large retailer? Mind to share that experience?

Justin Laju
    • Total posts: 89
    Up

Yes, I’ve sold into large retailers, how are you?

There’s no secret really…more of the same of what you already did – just cold call them and send details and explain that you cannot come and see them.

Not everyone can do go sees, and not everyone requires it. Many will, particularly when you are talking large volume purchases.

But if you keep a firm intention of how you want to do it, and setup a clean and easy process for them to purchase and reorder – then you will find them if you just keep calling, sending emails, following up and pushing it.

You can’t make it happen with a few calls, get discouraged because a few people said they need to meet, and then leave it at that.

Whatever time you have available, just do more of the same.

You will get better results setting appointments with those calls and getting out there to meet them – but nothing is impossible.

This is about setting up relationships.

gearing
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

Highly agree. Certainly those are practical thoughts. Thanks Justin.

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Just reading your post and although you are looking for some magical answer, one does not exist. The best way to get people to stock your product is to create demand for it with the end user. As I have already mentioned in our previous discussions, identify each market segment and send them literature or better still samples and create interest and demand for your product. Once you have the demand, the resellers will naturally come on board.

There is no other way!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.