Home Forums Logistics How to get cheaper shipping rates?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Loadsmile
    • Total posts: 1

Hello everyone,

I just launched Loadsmile (https://www.loadsmile.com.au/), a digital logistics platform centralizing all the best carriers in Australia.

The aim is to help businesses like yours optimize interstate linehaul logistics, improve costs, traceability. It enables you to manage multiple carriers, reducing backloads and idle time.

Try Loadsmile today and discover how you can benefit from the cheaper rates in the market with the most reliable carriers !

You can register on the site.

Dave – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 2,526

Welcome Loadsmile:)

I reckon if you can show your knowledge in this area by helping people on the forums with their logistical problems, they’ll probably be open to taking a look at your platform over time.

You can include a short bio and link in your signature here: https://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/index.php?account/signature

Welcome aboard!
    Dave

Dash Freight
    Participant
    • Total posts: 91

Hi Loadsmile. I am a freight broker and I am always looking for better solutions for my SME clients. Can you give me a call or email me some more details?

Rob Dash E: rob@dashfreight.com.au M: 61 423 136 053 Quotes: https://tinyurl.com/yae7tbj6 S: live:rd2221
    storewall
    Participant
    • Total posts: 21

Whilst we don’t do huge volumes in shipping I would be happy to check your prices next time I am shipping interstate.
    Thanks

IronMaiden
    • Total posts: 125
    Loadsmile, post: 268954, member: 117340 wrote:
    Hello everyone,

The aim is to help businesses like yours optimize interstate linehaul logistics, improve costs, traceability. It enables you to manage multiple carriers, reducing backloads and idle time.
    Try Loadsmile today and discover how you can benefit from the cheaper rates in the market with the most reliable carriers !

[USER=117340]@Loadsmile[/USER] I’d be interested to see how you can help us. We ship our products (gates, garden arches, etc) B2C and have many enquiries from interstate customers. shipping is a huge issue as most carriers are only interested in palletised or parcel size consignments. Our products tend to fall into the “ugly freight” arena.

storewall
    Participant
    • Total posts: 21

With any of these broker platforms I think you need to find your select couriers/companies in each state that know your product and how to handle it, look after it and deliver it as you shipped it. Just having access to pricing is OK, but if you don’t know the courier at the other end, the results will likely not go to plan if your stock is “ugly freight”. I have and am learning this everyday with our stock when its shipped interstate.

The problem with the Hub model is that your stock gets handled tooooo many times and so the issues start.

The ultimate solution is to have stock in the other states that you can ship from. If everything is custom then this gets hard.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.