Home – New Forums Marketing mastery How to get going in direct sales

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Robert John
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

I used to do door to door sales and was somehow able to do pretty well.

Now I have started my own sport psychology business in Cairns and well I’m not too sure what script, approach, when to visit, what to bring, offer, etc etc.

I welcome brainstorming, input, etc from everyone.

Cheers,
    Rob

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Hi Rob, have you tried clubs and associations.

This is a good way to reach many with one call. Create a 30 minute presentation and use this to offer it to the clubs as a special interest night. You then can end your presentation with a package of services.

You could also try schools.

Omega BCS
    • Total posts: 19
    Up
    Robert John, post: 181138 wrote:
    I used to do door to door sales and was somehow able to do pretty well.

Now I have started my own sport psychology business in Cairns and well I’m not too sure what script, approach, when to visit, what to bring, offer, etc etc.

I welcome brainstorming, input, etc from everyone.

Cheers,
    Rob

Hi Rob!

It is difficult to make suggestions without more information about what you are offering, to who and how it is delivered.

Who are you actually targeting? In my mind sports psych isn’t really a door to door thing, are you talking about developing a selling strategy or sales pitch for meetings?

As a start, have a think about who you are selling to and why they buy your services. What sorts of problems/needs make them look to you to help? What is the problem you solve? How and by what are they influenced? (e.g. scientific proof, demonstrations, others testimonials ect..)
    These questions will help you to start identify what methods of communication work, when the potential clients are most receptive and how to influence them. It is only a start but it should lead you on to thinking of more questions which in turn will help you refine your sales strategy/method/pitch.

I am happy to brainstorm with you over PM’s if you don’t want to post details up on the open forums. I am in the process of developing a “marketing planning process” for use with clients so it would help me as much as you to go through the brainstorming side of things.

I hope this helps a little though!

Cheers,

Robert John
    Up
    Tony Manto, post: 181152 wrote:
    Hi Rob, have you tried clubs and associations.

This is a good way to reach many with one call. Create a 30 minute presentation and use this to offer it to the clubs as a special interest night. You then can end your presentation with a package of services.

You could also try schools.

Thank you, very good idea. I can do that! cheers Tony.

Robert John
    Up
    Omega BCS, post: 181377 wrote:
    Hi Rob!

It is difficult to make suggestions without more information about what you are offering, to who and how it is delivered.

Who are you actually targeting? In my mind sports psych isn’t really a door to door thing, are you talking about developing a selling strategy or sales pitch for meetings?

As a start, have a think about who you are selling to and why they buy your services. What sorts of problems/needs make them look to you to help? What is the problem you solve? How and by what are they influenced? (e.g. scientific proof, demonstrations, others testimonials ect..)
    These questions will help you to start identify what methods of communication work, when the potential clients are most receptive and how to influence them. It is only a start but it should lead you on to thinking of more questions which in turn will help you refine your sales strategy/method/pitch.

I am happy to brainstorm with you over PM’s if you don’t want to post details up on the open forums. I am in the process of developing a “marketing planning process” for use with clients so it would help me as much as you to go through the brainstorming side of things.

I hope this helps a little though!

Cheers,

Hi Omega,

All very insightful questions, yes I do need to clarify my offering, but more importantly who I am serving.

Will PM you shortly, enthusiastic about the process you mentioned you are developing.

Rob

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.