Home – New Forums Marketing mastery How to get in front of some mobile, home service businesses?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jimmyrose
    • Total posts: 22
    Up
    ::

We’re in the process of building web software. It’s aimed at businesses managing mobile staff who each go to multiple jobs per day. Some examples would be:

• Cleaners
    • Lawn care
    • Handymen
    • Some trades (short jobs, not big multi day jobs)
    • Aged care
    • Inspectors

Our target market are around 5-20 staff.

So far, all our users have come from networking at small business events. In every business I’ve run so far, we’ve been able to get traffic from SEO, search advertising and forums that we were already active in. In this industry, ads are pretty expensive and hard to justify when we aren’t even charging for the app yet.

Where do you think I could go to get in front of some of these guys? There’s plenty of forums for these businesses out there, but I’m not really *in* their industry (e.g. I’m not a cleaner) so I’d feel like an imposter.

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi Jimmy,
    Yes, as you’ve said it’s never a good idea to join communities expressly to sell. Many of those sort of groups may offer straight low-cost advertising options perhaps for people wanting to reach their audience with relevant products and services – could be worth asking about the options. Or, if you are genuinely seeking to learn what sort of features they are looking for there may be opportunities for getting involved in communities.
    Another option to experiment with could advertising via LinkeIn, Facebook or Google. They do offer highly targeted options for reaching very specific groups. Not the easiest group of businesses to reach I’m sure!
    All the best
    Peter

Craig.Smith
    • Total posts: 167
    Up

Best place to find these people are local facebook groups. Most cities/suburbs have a facebook along the lines of “ renovators buy sell swap”, there tends to be a lot of handyman posting services for what you are looking for.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

You have obviously found some of the relevant forums, why not send a PM to one of the admins, and ask the question, some may let you post, others may not. But if you don’t ask you wont know.

jimmyrose
    Up

Thanks Peter, Craig and Bert.

Some good suggestions in there. Reaching out to forums is a great idea. I didn’t know about the facebook groups either, that is awesome.

Cheers!

My Guy
    • Total posts: 47
    Up

I might be interested in ur software?

My Guy
    • Total posts: 47
    Up

Geoop is the leader when it comes to job management, GPS tracking, Invoicing and Quoting onsite.

Followed up behind this they are partnered with Xero and MYOB.

I am keen to see your software but all I can say is its a tough market.

They only charge $30 a month to use their software… free upgrades, cloud hosting, exceptional support, world wide…

jimmyrose
    Up

Hey Ben. I’ll give you a call today. There are some bigger players than GeoOp as well, but I’ve talked to loads of people not happy with them (and GeoOp). Hence why we’re going into the market.

Definitely tough, but a lot of room for improvement as well

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.