Home – New Forums Starting your journey How to get more traffic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    littlechef
    • Total posts: 19
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

I have started a online custom cookie company and I just wanted to know how to get more business?

I have an Instagram page but besides that what are some ways to get my name out there more?

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

I see a lot of small, local business cake and other food makers on my facebook feed through local buy, swap and sell groups that always get comments. That is a good way to start word of mouth business. This is the sort of business where word of mouth is very important.

You haven’t linked to your website on your post so I don’t know what sort of custom cookies you make so is it something you can advertise to certain markets – wedding, birthday etc? Narrowing your marketing to niches can be more cost effective than just being everything to everybody.

elissa.doxey
    • Total posts: 145
    Up

Have you done a basic marketing plan? Work out who you’re aiming to sell to (as Rowan suggested) and then research what social media platforms they might use, or other ways you can connect with them.

littlechef
    Up
    littlechef, post: 256804, member: 98761 wrote:
    Hi everyone,

I have started a online custom cookie company and I just wanted to know how to get more business?

I have an Instagram page but besides that what are some ways to get my name out there more?

Rowan @ GardenLarder, post: 256844, member: 28171 wrote:
    I see a lot of small, local business cake and other food makers on my facebook feed through local buy, swap and sell groups that always get comments. That is a good way to start word of mouth business. This is the sort of business where word of mouth is very important.

You haven’t linked to your website on your post so I don’t know what sort of custom cookies you make so is it something you can advertise to certain markets – wedding, birthday etc? Narrowing your marketing to niches can be more cost effective than just being everything to everybody.

I am making personalised cookies so the kind that people have as bonbonniere at kitchen teas, christenings, weddings, birthdays etc

littlechef
    Up
    elissa.doxey, post: 256856, member: 88225 wrote:
    Have you done a basic marketing plan? Work out who you’re aiming to sell to (as Rowan suggested) and then research what social media platforms they might use, or other ways you can connect with them.

So my target audience would be people that are hosting an event, as mentioned these are the kind of cookies that would be used as bonbonniere/ party favours. I am currently following a lot of event planners on instagram in the hopes of getting noticed

MikeDav
    • Total posts: 163
    Up

Have you thought about running an Adwords campaign? Adwords can be a great way of driving interested parties to your website. If you only want to target a specific geographical area you can limit your campaign to that specific location.

littlechef
    Up
    MikeDav, post: 256916, member: 61549 wrote:
    Have you thought about running an Adwords campaign? Adwords can be a great way of driving interested parties to your website. If you only want to target a specific geographical area you can limit your campaign to that specific location.

I have thought about it however I don’t really understand how that all works. Also my source of networking is instagram, I don’t have any websites etc

elissa.doxey
    Up
    littlechef, post: 256913, member: 98761 wrote:
    So my target audience would be people that are hosting an event, as mentioned these are the kind of cookies that would be used as bonbonniere/ party favours. I am currently following a lot of event planners on instagram in the hopes of getting noticed

I’d suggest being even more specific – give your “ideal” customers habits, preferences, likes/dislikes so you can get a better handle on how to connect with them and sell to them. That way you avoid the scatter-gun approach to marketing and focus in on those most likely to purchase your product.

elissa.doxey
    Up
    littlechef, post: 257010, member: 98761 wrote:
    I have thought about it however I don’t really understand how that all works. Also my source of networking is instagram, I don’t have any websites etc

Instagram is a great visual promotion tool, and you can run advertising through that alone, but I’d suggest if you’re wanting online sales, you’ll need to invest in a website, or at least a facebook page.

Corey
    • Total posts: 568
    Up

I suggest you consider a website for your business.

Cheers
    Corey

John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up

Bake a sh*t load of cookies and start sending them out to celebrities and people in the media for free.

Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up
    Quote:
    I’d suggest being even more specific – give your “ideal” customers habits, preferences, likes/dislikes so you can get a better handle on how to connect with them and sell to them.

I agree with this statement, when you say your ideal audience “would be people that are hosting an event” it’s so broad! I might host an event at the end of this week but I don’t want any cookies, so as mentioned – get specific, when you know exactly who you’re speaking to and who you want to attract things tend to become much more crystal clear.

Maybe it’s corporate high flyers wanting something memorable at their event or maybe it’s a mums wanting cookies for kids in a certain age range.

Also when you say that your source of networking is Instagram and that you’re following event planners in the hope of getting noticed, this is exactly where you’re going wrong. Spending all day on instagram and facebook is doing nothing for your business, that’s a long term game…..very long.

Don’t just follow event planners, reach out to them. Like John said, bake some cookies and send them a batch so they know WHY they should recommend you. If you don’t have a website how do they know what options you have.

Event planners are there to suggest options and ideas based on budget, you can’t just follow them an expect them to send you a tonne of business if they have no idea what you do. Give them an experience that forms a connection.

Find out where the wedding events are around Melbourne, purchase a stall.

Connect with photographers, event planners and any other relevant businesses that are likely to be at the same event that you might want to be.

Go to markets and set up a stall, and build your brand by selling at craft stalls every weekend, I know in Melbourne we have a tonne of high quality markets that foodies love – give your business card and website so they can find you and repurchase again in the future.

To me it seems more like a hobby for you at the moment than taking it really seriously and it’s easy to get lost, we’ve all been there.

John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up

You can send me and [USER=56118]@Byron Trzeciak[/USER] some cookies and we will review them for you ;0)

Hassle Free Website
    • Total posts: 108
    Up
    Hi everyone,

I have started an online custom cookie company and I just wanted to know how to get more business?

Part of the answer is in your question, now who would want custom cookies that they could then order online?

Make a list of people/business/organisations/events that you may think could use your service/product.

Then its a matter of making a plan in which ways you are going to connect/promote to this list.

I did see you ask about traffic, so I am assuming you are wanting your website with more eyes on?

Mischelle
    • Total posts: 805
    Up
    Hi everyone,

Hi Little Chef,

As all the others have said, get some promo products out to planners, event people etc.

Also get registered on Event Sites for corporate and Wedding directories IE Easy Weddings, people use these to plan their own weddings and events.

Make sure you have some quality photos for the directories and also look into wedding expos.

Good luck
    Mischelle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.