Home – New Forums Other discussions How to get the most out of Linkedin?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gareths
    • Total posts: 31
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone.

I’m struggling to connect with my Linkedin followers. I have close to 800 of them but I’d be lucky if ten people read the posts. I get even less likes or comments.

I know it’s not all about numbers but I’d at least like to see that people were engaging with the topics and ideas I put forward. It’s a bit hard to keep going when there’s no real sign of encouragement or interaction.

Thanks for your help.

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

Oh easy one this.

https://www.linkedin.com/people/export-settings

Import into MailChimp and voila!

You can also once a week send an internal email to all of your contacts.

Job done! – Phil.

gareths
    • Total posts: 31
    Up

Thanks for the response.

It sounds a lot like email marketing to me, which is something I try to steer clear of.

I was more specifically trying to find out how to generate more interest on Linkedin without using external sources.

Johny
    • Total posts: 840
    Up

I am by no means an expert and am not really what you would call social media savvy. I like LinkedIn as a platform, and yet I still can’t come to grips with posting on Facebook or Twitter as a means of promoting my business.

This is something I wrote that I do on LinkedIn.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/20140902015239-169973897-social-media-an-amateur-s-perspective?trk=mp-reader-card

I have about 700 connections, which in my mind is too many to have “real” business relationships with, but the more contacts you have the more potential connections you have access to, which could result in more opportunity. So its a bit of a balance.

Not that many people read the articles I write either, but every now and again I get a decent amount of views and business or referrals has come as a result of stuff I have written, it only takes one.

But I also find when I am active I get more profile views, more connections and more interaction. When I slow down like the recent Chinese New year holidays for me, all those things drop to next to nothing.

For me, it is all about the “social” part of social media. LinkedIn is a networking place. If you go to a real networking event and stand in the corner and just say Hi every now and again, you just can’t expect the same impact as if you get in there, mingle and make yourself known. It’s the same whether face to face or online.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    gareths, post: 210079 wrote:
    It sounds a lot like email marketing to me, which is something I try to steer clear of.

Why?

i know of people that post relevent articles that get a few leads. It’s hard to comment on a specific case without really understand who the contacts are and the quality of the content.

You can look at upgrading your account to a pro, and see if you can start generally connecting with people who can grow your business.

For example, on Linked in, there is a few people who could grow one of my businesses, but would not be a customer.

Good luck!

Matt

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.