Home Forums Starting your journey How to increase traffic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Christina2590
    • Total posts: 89

Hi everyone,

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to increase traffic to my website?

I have created an instagram page and uploaded content which i have also promoted, i have a facebook page which i am also running ads on however i am not totally sure of what i am doing.

Can anyone help me? Also can anyone give me advise on the best way to run ads?

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712

Since you don’t have a link to your business in a sig I can’t remember what you do so it is difficult to give advice.
    I have never had any success with Instagram and don’t like it at all. I hope you have done some research on your market and customers before you started running ads so they are not a waste of time and money.

Who are your customers and where do they hang out? Where are they likely to look for your service/product?

It takes time but I have found that building reputation first is the key to customer interest and purchasing – getting onto relevant FB groups and giving out lots of advice on your industry and helping people, not trying to sell your stuff. Writing interesting articles for your website and FB page.
    If you are selling products then getting out and physically showing them to people at markets and other avenues.

Leave ads until you know your market and customers inside out. Then start with a heap of cheap, test ads to see what people are most interested in looking at. Pay for help if you are unsure.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,472

My advise would be don’t spend any money on paid advertising until you get your website up to scratch, no point getting people to your site, them saying why would I buy, its a waste of your money. IMHO

Mischelle
    • Total posts: 805
    Christina2590, post: 268173, member: 57952 wrote:
    Hi everyone,

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to increase traffic to my website?

I have created an instagram page and uploaded content which i have also promoted, i have a facebook page which i am also running ads on however i am not totally sure of what i am doing.

Can anyone help me? Also can anyone give me advise on the best way to run ads?
    Hi Christina,

If you have a look on your other post, you got some specific feedback on your website – also there is a big white space under the photos and above the footer on the shop page.

You are trying to push people to your website, and it’s needs to show who you are, not just what you sell. Like I said in the other post put more information about you, how you started etc, all of this builds trust.

Do you know your stats, how many people are clicking through to your website from your Instagram promotion etc. You should be able to get those through Instagram.

Have you gained extra Insta followers since your paid promotion?

For your target audience, I feel you have chosen the correct social media type, Instagram is perfect for your potential customers.

You have to give it time, it may take a lot longer to get traffic, and you need more information on your website, (refer to other post)

All the best
    Cheers
    Mischelle

Mischelle
    • Total posts: 805

PS: Bert is spot on, really do some work on your website, so when someone clicks through they get engaged with your site and blogs and products etc.

If you do more work on your website, you may also get some organic traffic.

MH08
    • Total posts: 284

Can always create a Inspo page that is seperate from your business and build following and then funnel the traffic through it. A lot of people have done this and some formulas over at blackhatworld.com.

Think affiliated marketing but your essentially doing all and more of the work but for a much better result because you control it.

bb1
    Participant
    MH08, post: 268189, member: 37395 wrote:
    Can always create a Inspo page that is seperate from your business and build following and then funnel the traffic through it. A lot of people have done this and some formulas over at blackhatworld.com.

This makes interesting reading https://www.wordstream.com/black-hat-seo

When I see words banned and unethical I get nervous,

Corey
    • Total posts: 568

Hi,

What niche is the business?

Cheers
    Corey

eagleeye
    • Total posts: 31

1. Register your business with Google Maps – it’s not coming up as far as I could see

2. Treat your business like it is a bricks and mortar shop – even if it is from home. Take it seriously and build it for the long term. It is way too much work to not take it seriously.

3. What is your webpage built in? Can you add a blog? You need good content and regular postings to improve visibility. Have the shop section of your website and also have a part for a blog.

4. There are literally millions of blog postings made daily. How can you possibly compete? Build awesome quality and something people want to come back for.

5. SEO traffic quality is usually better than paid ad traffic and coverts much better.

6. For a swimsuit business – likely Instagram would work well for you – but ensure you build your website as the primary tool and Instagram and everything else as secondary.

You need to ensure complete control as the last thing you want to do is spend a colossal amount of time building something that then disappears – remember myspace? ( :

MH08
    bb1, post: 268190, member: 53375 wrote:
    This makes interesting reading https://www.wordstream.com/black-hat-seo

When I see words banned and unethical I get nervous,

Nah, there’s both within that site, black hat is always a no go but heading towards what you can leverage always works too.

bb1
    Participant
    MH08, post: 268221, member: 37395 wrote:
    Nah, there’s both within that site, black hat is always a no go but heading towards what you can leverage always works too.

Yes and the problem with referring someone who obviously knows very little about this stuff to a site like that, is that they don’t know whats good or bad, and assume well that was ok why not try the other.

Next minute they stuff up all ranking for their site.

[USER=57952]@Christina2590[/USER] please ignore any advise given on the forum and seek professional help.

MH08
    bb1, post: 268223, member: 53375 wrote:
    Yes and the problem with referring someone who obviously knows very little about this stuff to a site like that, is that they don’t know whats good or bad, and assume well that was ok why not try the other.

Next minute they stuff up all ranking for their site.

[USER=57952]@Christina2590[/USER] please ignore any advise given on the forum and seek professional help.

It’s actually described on the site I think I haven’t been on in a while, but there is also Warrior Forums which at present is the largest for online marketing space but with any forums comes others that sway in the dark arts of SEO.

Best bet as ‘bb1’ mentioned is to always seek professional help or at least self-educate.

SeeMySite
    • Total posts: 15

Some great advice there. If you want to increase traffic to your website you need to be ‘relevant’. Googles algorithm (The smarts behind their ranking process) is constantly being reviewed, but generally what they are looking for when someone enters a few key words into the Google search bar is to be able to return the most relevant answers to the customers search.

The key of course and the secret to the sauce is their secret, but if you have a look at the most ‘relevant’ results that come back from typical search these will generally be the organisations that have some longevity, and through their marketing have been able to rank higher than their competitors. I’m not an SEO guru, but have enough experience to be able to pass on a few tit bits and suggestions. Here are a few that I know will help;

1. Check out the # 1 ranking competitor that has been returned for your search. I don’t know your industry but lets says its supplying green widgets (Who actually knows what a widget is anyway!..) So Google will typically look for the most relevant green widget supplier based on that criteria. The wider the search, the more internationally the search engine will look – so if you are geographically focused then your website should be referencing this as much as possible i.e. green widgets in Sydney Western Suburbs. (As this is what people are searching for) So always think like the person who is searching when looking for web design and keywords.

Have a look at the next few top site responses as well – but take your cue from #1. The number #1 site will most likely have a bunch or information around the topic. They will have industry biopics, FAQ’s, testimonials, whitepapers, tool tips etc etc. So Google looks at that site and says’ These guys are switched on..the know their stuff and its relevant to the market’ let’s rank them higher

2. Use back links and other site linkages – Back links are links to other sites, information or otherwise that increase your relevance in Googles eyes. i.e. a link to the widget societies national conference. You must include Facebook, linked in, Instagram and Twitter links (Where appropriate) as their are great backlinks

3. Offer something – Don’ just show stuff on your website. Have a call to actions somewhere. People like free or discounted stuff. Remember – your website is your shopfront and in an electronic world its super easy to just land, have a quick flick through and they are gone forever. When you go into a shop and you’re looking for something specific and find it and then can’t find a sales assistant its pretty annoying. Your website is the same…I mean I’ve come here and found you and I’ve looked at the items on the hanger and no-one is around to help me buy it…same thing on a website – offer something if you can.

Sorry..hope there is something useful in there for you.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.