Home – New Forums Marketing mastery How to let people know we are there?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Jazzah
    • Total posts: 193
    Up
    ::

Ok, so we have opened up the party supply side of our business, but no-one knows we are there. Money is so tight, its almost non-existent. So any suggestions?

Cheers
    Jazzah

angela123
    • Total posts: 310
    Up

Can you print flyers cheaply yourself and ask if day care centres would mind putting them in the parent’s pigeon holes? Also, some other areas you could leave them where interested mum’s may gather:

• Libraries, near the kid’s section
    • Coffee shops
    • Dr’s surgeries
    • Chemists
    • Hairdressers
    • Baby accessory shops eg babyco
    • Take out a paid ad in the local school newsletter (these are pretty cheap)

Some of these businesses might let you put your flyers on their counters if you ask nicely :)

cheers
    Angela

Adam Stanecki
    • Total posts: 131
    Up

Some quick thoughts:

• write a blog
    • use social media
    • contribute to forums in your industry
    • advertise on local area noticeboards
    • ask your friends to spread the word
    • talk to current customers about your new offering
    • find local businesses to help with cross-promotion
    • offer prizes at the local school fete or sports club
    • buy Guerrilla Marketing by Jay Conrad Levinson
    AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

Hi Jazzah,

This could be a good avenue for us to explore the direct marketing avenue, as the party supplies side of the business probably appeals to a wider audience.

If you can come up with a good letter, perhaps with a ‘bring this letter in for a free gift’ type approach, this might work well for you.

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

can u afford to organise a seminar with appetisers for decision makers?

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up
    hymstrategies, post: 81421 wrote:
    can u afford to organise a seminar with appetisers for decision makers?

Party supply side of the business Blissful Kids Parties ???? The decision makers are mums who are stressed and always too busy. Do you think they would come to a seminar with appetisers for this business?

I vote the push into the primary schools – the ages match your business and mums always read the school newsletter.

Wendy :)

tomwhite
    • Total posts: 51
    Up

How about creating a competition and offer a free party either for the winner or for a local charity for disadvantaged kids perhaps.

Create a campaign around this competition and use social media and local press to promote – the only cost will be the supply of the party gear and you’ll get lots of great publicity if you plan it right – local papers love these kind of news story and you can generate some ‘noise’ on social media too.

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

Hi Jazzah,

Google has indexed 10,000 pages from this domain.

Is this really a “new” website? In my experience it takes Google many months to index this many pages from a “new” website.

That makes me raise the question, are you simply using Flying Solo to create links to your new site or are you a genuine poster?

I hope the system administrator checks your contributions to the Forum.

JohnW

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up
    JohnW, post: 81445 wrote:
    That makes me raise the question, are you simply using Flying Solo to create links to your new site or are you a genuine poster?

JohnW

Can understand your concerns John but I think you should read through some of the threads Jazzah has started over the past 7 or 8 months. In particular her struggle with trying to get licenses for her party side of business. The website is not new as the business was previously run from home, but the physical shop is new (and looking fabulous!).

Jazzah is a genuine contributor.

Wendy :)

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

JohnW – you mean that http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/sales-marketing/www..blissfulkidsparties.com.au site that has been around since 2007??

But it is only 5 years old….

Net Needs
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

As a recently new business, I am very interested in this subject. The best case study that I have seen to date to be recognised online was, “Shoes of Prey” They used a good Youtube clip with a blog to receive 700,000 visitors in a short time.

Unfortunately, I’m not talented enough to make a good Youtube clip. Can anyone help with that kind of thing?

Rob

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    JohnW, post: 81445 wrote:
    Hi Jazzah,

Google has indexed 10,000 pages from this domain.

Is this really a “new” website? In my experience it takes Google many months to index this many pages from a “new” website.

JohnW

King, post: 81448 wrote:
    JohnW – you mean that http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/sales-marketing/www..blissfulkidsparties.com.au site that has been around since 2007??

But it is only 5 years old….

Hi John, hi Matt,

Jazzah is most definitely a genuine contributor to the forum and a most highly valued member of the Flying Solo community – just like you guys.

I think that perhaps you misinterpreted her post to be about a new website, when in fact it is about her new bricks and mortar shop, which she has been working towards as an extension of her existing online store for a very long time. If you’re interested, you can read more about her journey here: http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/starting-business/12490-feeling-disheartened.html

Jazzah, I was thrilled to learn that you had a visit from Wendy yesterday. How nice for you to connect in person, even though you live interstate from each other! I hope the extra (wo)manpower helped progress things along nicely.

And thank you Wendy for going to such a huge effort to help someone in our community. You rock!

Jayne

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

sorry – apology here. :|
    Yes I see this re-reading the original post.

Steve_Minshall
    • Total posts: 518
    Up
    Jazzah, post: 81239 wrote:
    Ok, so we have opened up the party supply side of our business, but no-one knows we are there. Money is so tight, its almost non-existent. So any suggestions?

Cheers
    Jazzah

Hi Jazzah,

What you need is a brain storming session with your target market. This could be really easy to set up.

If your location is anything like where I live in Sydney, you will find a representative sample of your target market, in a responsive mood, at 9:15am on a Friday morning in the closest coffee shop to a school. This is an ideal environment to go and talk to them. Not to sell but to ask for advice. You may find they are happy to spread the word for you as well as come up with some ideas.

I think if you approach them not with a sales pitch but looking for help you may get an interesting response.

Jazzah
    • Total posts: 193
    Up

Mmm don’t think I have ever said my home based website business is new? nor asked for info on how to establish a web based business….rather I have posted on the difficulties in making that huge leap to a legit store and our planning issues.

yes our website has been indexed a lot, many hours making links, working hard through pages of lists for links, lots of money on seo etc etc…..that indexing comes with a hell of a lot of work…those that think if you build it they will come are in denial!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.