Home – New Forums Marketing mastery How to let people know we are there?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Jazzah
    • Total posts: 193
    Up
    ::
    Steve_Minshall, post: 81738 wrote:
    I think if you approach

How do I do that? Do I go up and interrupt their coffee? I would be annoyed at that! (even though I don’t drink coffee, so am never at a coffee shop!lol)

I think the school newsletters is a great idea, just need a free day to ring them all to see what they charge and do etc etc

Jazzah
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 81541 wrote:
    thank you Wendy for going to such a huge effort to help someone in our community. You rock!

Jayne

We have a wonderful balloon net (to catch all the helium balloons and prevent them going to our container height ceilings) thanks to Wendy’s fantastic net threading skills!

Thankyou so much for offering your time just to come and do something that simple on your holidays. I am there on my own, sometimes I feel like giving up, it is quite isolating and I often dwell on what we may be loosing with all this planning mess! So it was great to have some company!

Cheers
    Jazzah

AdvancedPetSitting
    • Total posts: 357
    Up

Hi Jazzah, if you want to advertise in school newletters these are the people who actually print the backs of the newsletters http://www.austnews.com.au
    And their email is [email protected]
    You can tell them the areas you are interested in and they will email you a list of schools with how many newletters they print how many kids are in the school and how much it will cost you.

Virtual Marketing Force
    • Total posts: 52
    Up

Hi Jazzah,

Here are my suggestions:

1. Throw a competition on a family website (MumsDelivery, Family Capers etc) these can be very cheap to do and will help give you brand exposure.
    2. Find out if your local council is having an event/fete or fair anytime soon that perhaps you could get involved in.
    3. Utilise Social Media – in particular Facebook. There are a lot of Mums on FB constantly and they do respond to posts on FB and look at products they are interested in.
    4. Perhaps look into party entertainers and see if there is an opportunity to do some doing marketing/promotions with them.

I like the school ideas as well.

Good luck with it all!

Kind Regards,

Lorraine Salvi
    Virtual Marketing Force
    http://www.vmf.com.au

Steve_Minshall
    • Total posts: 518
    Up
    Jazzah, post: 81749 wrote:
    How do I do that? Do I go up and interrupt their coffee? I would be annoyed at that! (even though I don’t drink coffee, so am never at a coffee shop!lol)

I think the school newsletters is a great idea, just need a free day to ring them all to see what they charge and do etc etc

Sure you would be annoyed if some one interrupted your coffee to make a sales pitch, but I bet if you approached a group of mums who were in a social mood and say you were looking for some ideas from busy mums and could they help? you would get a positive response.

I would try it because the worst that would happen is you get the brush off, you apologise for interrupting them and regret the 10 minutes you have just wasted. That’s a pretty low risk experiment to me.

However, don’t do this while you are expecting a negative result because that is what you will get.

SalenaKnight
    • Total posts: 604
    Up
    Steve_Minshall, post: 81800 wrote:
    Sure you would be annoyed if some one interrupted your coffee to make a sales pitch, but I bet if you approached a group of mums who were in a social mood and say you were looking for some ideas from busy mums and could they help? you would get a positive response.

I would try it because the worst that would happen is you get the brush off, you apologise for interrupting them and regret the 10 minutes you have just wasted. That’s a pretty low risk experiment to me.

However, don’t do this while you are expecting a negative result because that is what you will get.

you could do this, then give them a voucher for a free session or discount to thank them for their time

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

Hi Jazzah,
    My apologies for misunderstanding your post and the lateness of my apology.

Have you explored the potential of your website customers and visitors to generate revenue for your bricks & mortar shop?

It is always less expensive to generate more revenue from existing customers than it is to find new customers.

Your website has Google Analytics installed. The Map Overlay report will tell you the numbers of visitors who reside in Melbourne. I know Frankston is out on a limb but that is a start. If you have a bunch of Melbourne site visitors, I’d work on using your website to attract visitors to your shop.

All you have to promote your shop now is an obscure link to a Google Map page.

I’d promote your shop on every one of your 10,000 web pages.

Eg: Feature your store overtly in your header graphic. Create a number of web pages about your shop. Show pictures, give reasons to come in, talk about the help your staff can provide, etc. Make sure every page on your site includes the words “shop”, “Frankston” and “Melbourne”.

You have a Facebook page. People “like” business Facebook pages because they offer discounts, coupons or free samples. Do you do this? If you don’t your Facebook page is possibly a waste of time.

What about your Google Places page. I did not see any. I searched for “party shop Frankston” and you did not come up. I’d rectify this.

Then there are smartphone users. Have you explored this opportunity?

Regs and apologies again,
    JohnW

Jazzah
    Up

Google Places page…..I requested this a while ago but never received the verification postcard, so have requested it again.

Facebook…..we have it temporarily shut down as we were struggling with orders and getting negative posts. We hope when we are more settled we will have it up and running again.

I will look at our traffic and website customers from this area. The sales we have had in store have been customers that have left it too late to have an order posted to them.

The SEO for the store has not happened yet, again waiting on planning permits so we can include the party hosting as well. But it is on the plan!

AdvancedPetSitting…thankyou for the link for the school newsletters! I will follow this up.

Coffee shops….mmm might give it a try…..next week we are at two local shopping centers with our balloon decorations on display handing out flyers designed by Keepsakes Design and printed by AgentMail….thankyou so much for doing that so quickly for me. The design is great and we are attaching a free kids tattoo to each flyer so hopefully it doesn’t get binned!

Maybe after this I will feel a little more confident approaching people at coffee shops?

Cheers Jazzah

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

this may be relevant but it’s sold out. u may also want to contact the author directly via his blog and see if he is willing to sell it to you direct. u never know.

http://www.appsumo.com/behind_the_scenes/

The Infotainer
    • Total posts: 612
    Up

Forget about your blogs and seminars

Facebook yes, website kidspot.com yes but old fashioned marketing is the way to go

your selling to mums who are time poor, they are not going to go to seminars, and while they do spend time online they keep it simple, facebook for friends,

I run a couple of different businesses one is a Kids Birthday Party magic business http://www.kidsmagicworld.com.au

As for non web promotion:
    I have used the following:
    In Berowra where I live their are 3 primary schools, I contacted the local shopping centre (an IGA at the time) and asked if they would allow me to add an entry box at their cash register

I then went to the schools with a coloring in competition (I found a stencil online of a magician and photocopied the crap out of it and then asked the schools if I could run a competition to win a free party.
    The colouring in competition had all my contact details and they were to tear off my contact details and place it on the fridge and on the colouring in page there was an area to add their contact details- be careful with this they wont want to give too much person info so don’t ask for anything to personal- but do ask for an email address.

Be sure to have all the details on 1 page instead of double siding the colouring in competition as this will save on money

Heck you could even get a sponsor saying that you will be promoting this to all the kids in the schools so try and negotiate a non competitor to help with printing costs (which are low anyway) and you can share the database

It cost me time for the party winner (You will probably want a winner for each school) printing and making a cool box and display for the local supermarket (The box is where they hand in their entry forms and the local supermarker likes anything that draws people in.

for now I have very good keywords for kids magic world- I use kidspot as my only paid advertising.
    Each party I do- every child gets a DVD that teaches magic tricks and has performance highlights on it- this is a great tool, the DVD acts as my business card and I can now pump hem out for about 30 cents- so each party I do has it’s own in build marketing and promotion I don’t even know where my kids party business cards are anymore- I never use them.

By Targeting the schools your targeting the mums. you gotta be real in your marketing, online blogs and seminars are waste of your time- yeah sure have a helpful blog to maintain customers but to have a blog and expect people to go to your physical shop is bad advice.

Also you’ll want to get into the local paper with a news article, or charity thing- advertise a do it yourself party pack in the school holidays that kids and mums go to to learn how to do some craft activity do it if possible in your shop.

You could connect with other entertainers to help promote your business on their web site creating a network

hope that helps

Dave

AKA Aardy

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Just a note re colouring in competitions –

To avoid any problems re privacy and children, a client only ever has the First Name and Age on the FRONT of the entry, and all contact details on the BACK of the entry. This is so that if they are displayed on a wall (not a window), no-one can see the private contact details. Never should contact details be allowed to display.

This method works very well.

The Infotainer
    • Total posts: 612
    Up
    KarenC, post: 82032 wrote:
    Just a note re colouring in competitions –

To avoid any problems re privacy and children, a client only ever has the First Name and Age on the FRONT of the entry, and all contact details on the BACK of the entry. This is so that if they are displayed on a wall (not a window), no-one can see the private contact details. Never should contact details be allowed to display.

This method works very well.

yes great

I also think if you wanted to save extra money and not have a printed form on the back
    you have contact details on the front but at the bottom, you seperate this the picture with a doted line and a picture of a scissor and in smaller print- this will be torn off (or rather cut off)

this allows you save money by not having to print out 600 double sided sheets (you said you had a tight budget) and solves the privacy issue

now with regards to the prize you could offer whatever you sell- but for best results have a prize that gets people to take action. One that solves a problem is great

other promos to go with this would be

A4 sized advert for where the entree box is, possibly showing your location as well, you could have the entree location at your store- it depends on where it is – if there is no parking or limited parking I would suggest having entree boxes at your place and the local supermarket- you want the mothers handing in the entry form so they see your adverts- you don’t want to have the entry form at the school because this means the kids will be handing in the forms and they will miss out of your adverts.

you could also negotiate with the local newspaper website and have a competition on their site with a download your pdf to enter the coloring in comp, this way it is much cheaper that having putting the form in the actual newspaper because you will be having to fork out too much money for printing.

You could have a donations box right next to the entry box with donations going to some worthy cause- and this could be grounds for a PR story in the local newspaper you’ll have to figure that out for yourself, the picture could relate to the charity

Jazzah
    Up

So last week we did balloon displays at 2 local shopping centers for their kids holiday programs. They expected about 200 kids a day at each centre, so we have 2000 flyers printed. Only about 500 went out. I don’t think they got the numbers they were expecting….the kids were enthusiastic as we had tattoos stapled to them!

So what to do with the rest.

I am hesitant to just do a mail drop as we could just be wasting them on homes that have no kids….any ideas?

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up
    Jazzah, post: 81888 wrote:
    Google Places page…..I requested this a while ago but never received the verification postcard, so have requested it again.
    Facebook…..we have it temporarily shut down as we were struggling with orders and getting negative posts. We hope when we are more settled we will have it up and running again.

I will look at our traffic and website customers from this area. The sales we have had in store have been customers that have left it too late to have an order posted to them.

The SEO for the store has not happened yet, again waiting on planning permits so we can include the party hosting as well. But it is on the plan!

AdvancedPetSitting…thankyou for the link for the school newsletters! I will follow this up.

Coffee shops….mmm might give it a try…..next week we are at two local shopping centers with our balloon decorations on display handing out flyers designed by Keepsakes Design and printed by AgentMail….thankyou so much for doing that so quickly for me. The design is great and we are attaching a free kids tattoo to each flyer so hopefully it doesn’t get binned!

Maybe after this I will feel a little more confident approaching people at coffee shops?

Cheers Jazzah

i think they usually take a few weeks to arrive

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.