Home – New Forums Logistics How to look for plus ladies clothing buyers and distributors

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    enchanted plus
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    ::

Dear all,
    I am a fashion designer and manufacturer. My target market is plus size women wearing Uk 16 to Uk 24. I’ve went around Sydney and Melbourne doing market research and found that not many boutiques carry size Uk 20 up. I have done some market research and there is indeed a demand for plus sizes but where are the biz? I wanted to look for distributors or agents or even malls to stock my line of clothing. I did visit some boutiques but most of them don’t stock plus size. Should I just go directly to buying agents, distributors or boutique owners? Kindly advice how should I go about marketing my products. How and where to contact Australian distributors and buying agents. Pls help. Many thanks.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi there,

In your post you say “there is indeed a demand for plus sizes”.

Write down the physical evidence you have of this demand. Let’s say you had to prove in court that this demand exists, what evidence would you assemble?

Now start by lasering in on where this demand is coming from. Is it people (shoppers) who have told you they can’t find plus sizes? Well they aren’t walking around naked, so where do they shop (not in a general sense, list them specifically)? Or is the demand coming from boutiques? Then start with one boutique who says they can’t source good plus size stuff.

Plus talk to people at all levels and find anyone who is saying “We need this stuff!”. If you don’t have them yet, your job is to find these people and you’ll start to see who they are (boutiques, agents, malls, whatever). Then you can start selling to a receptive crowd.

Good luck!

Dave

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    enchanted plus, post: 190733 wrote:
    Dear all,
    I am a fashion designer and manufacturer. My target market is plus size women wearing Uk 16 to Uk 24. I’ve went around Sydney and Melbourne doing market research and found that not many boutiques carry size Uk 20 up. I have done some market research and there is indeed a demand for plus sizes but where are the biz? I wanted to look for distributors or agents or even malls to stock my line of clothing. I did visit some boutiques but most of them don’t stock plus size. Should I just go directly to buying agents, distributors or boutique owners? Kindly advice how should I go about marketing my products. How and where to contact Australian distributors and buying agents. Pls help. Many thanks.

Hello
    Lots of assistance with this on my website — both in free blogs and online courses.

Firstly, be clear about the difference between an agent and a distributor. Get your commissions right. I’m assuming you are in Australia? Then you are going to use an agent.

Jenny

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.