Home – New Forums Get productive How to manage time for social media

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    OliviaY
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    ::

Hello everyone, I’m currently feeling like I have practically no time to keep track of what’s going on with my Social media business accounts. I’m working a lot lately, and by the end of the day I have practically no time or energy to log in and update my accounts.
    How can I manage better my time, and how often should I be updating them so my customers don’t feel left aside.
    I would appreciate your advices :)

clintmaher
    • Total posts: 306
    Up

If you are doing more than 15 minutes per day on your SM efforts then you are doing too much IMHO.

Consistency is key.

Unless your SM efforts are bringing in traceable income that you can track (ie: $300 p/h) then be careful not to fall in the time suck.

Of course there are a tonne of variables that other people will chip in with I’m sure.

clintmaher
    • Total posts: 306
    Up

If you are doing more than 15 minutes per day on your SM efforts then you are doing too much IMHO.

Consistency is key.

Unless your SM efforts are bringing in traceable income that you can track (ie: $300 p/h) then be careful not to fall in the time suck.

Of course there are a tonne of variables that other people will chip in with I’m sure.

KathHocking
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Have you looked at using a program like Hootsuite where you can post updates to multiple accounts at once (twitter, linked in and facebook), and schedule posts to go at different times during the week? so rather than doing it every day you could do a weeks worth once a week for example?

KathHocking
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Have you looked at using a program like Hootsuite where you can post updates to multiple accounts at once (twitter, linked in and facebook), and schedule posts to go at different times during the week? so rather than doing it every day you could do a weeks worth once a week for example?

Judy Jardin
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Hi Olivia,

Try to check your social media accounts at least once a day even for just 15 mins to see if there are questions you might have to answer or negative comments you might have to deal with. Many people these days go online to look for products and services..you won’t wanna miss out on those opportunities.

There is a tool that you can use so you can monitor what’s going on on all of your social media accounts. Check out http://hootsuite.com/.

Also, if it’s becoming too overwhelming for you, you probably need to consider hiring someone to do these things for you so you could just focus on more important things like running your business.

Cheers!

Judy

OliviaY, post: 106417 wrote:
    Hello everyone, I’m currently feeling like I have practically no time to keep track of what’s going on with my Social media business accounts. I’m working a lot lately, and by the end of the day I have practically no time or energy to log in and update my accounts.
    How can I manage better my time, and how often should I be updating them so my customers don’t feel left aside.
    Judy Jardin
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Hi Olivia,

Try to check your social media accounts at least once a day even for just 15 mins to see if there are questions you might have to answer or negative comments you might have to deal with. Many people these days go online to look for products and services..you won’t wanna miss out on those opportunities.

There is a tool that you can use so you can monitor what’s going on on all of your social media accounts. Check out http://hootsuite.com/.

Also, if it’s becoming too overwhelming for you, you probably need to consider hiring someone to do these things for you so you could just focus on more important things like running your business.

Cheers!

Judy

OliviaY, post: 106417 wrote:
    seolyka2
    • Total posts: 157
    Up

Try to spend time managing your social media presence daily (few minutes in the morning and in the afternoon) for you to ask your audience a question, to share something new (your blog post, articles, news, site promos etc., or if you have any new comments that need your attention.

seolyka2
    • Total posts: 157
    Up

Try to spend time managing your social media presence daily (few minutes in the morning and in the afternoon) for you to ask your audience a question, to share something new (your blog post, articles, news, site promos etc., or if you have any new comments that need your attention.

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up
    Kath@Reverie, post: 106425 wrote:

I don’t agree with posting updates simultaneously on different social media platforms. Some updates would only be relevant for Facebook

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up
    Kath@Reverie, post: 106425 wrote:

I don’t agree with posting updates simultaneously on different social media platforms. Some updates would only be relevant for Facebook

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

I would say 30mins a day and that’s so you can join conversations on your chosen platforms

This is assuming that you understand your target market and using social media to direct traffic to a landing page to collect emails for follow up.

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

I would say 30mins a day and that’s so you can join conversations on your chosen platforms

This is assuming that you understand your target market and using social media to direct traffic to a landing page to collect emails for follow up.

MelissaN
    Participant
    • Total posts: 111
    Up

I’m in Olivia’s shoes. 15 minutes is not enough & 4 hours is too much!

I’m actually trying to hire someone to do this for me. Well, manage the marketing side on the SNs at least.

I want to build my client base, not spend hours searching for topics of interest to update website/SN sites. I’d never get any work done & with the clients I do have, they don’t seem to use these anyway. A bit of a catch 22 imo.

Aww not true, 1 client did come from one of the forums (probably here).

But still, with a hectic schedule as it is (i.e. fulltime work, part time business looking to go full time as client base increases, studies, health needs & home-life), how can it be done effectively without outsourcing?

MelissaN
    Participant
    • Total posts: 111
    Up

I’m in Olivia’s shoes. 15 minutes is not enough & 4 hours is too much!

I’m actually trying to hire someone to do this for me. Well, manage the marketing side on the SNs at least.

I want to build my client base, not spend hours searching for topics of interest to update website/SN sites. I’d never get any work done & with the clients I do have, they don’t seem to use these anyway. A bit of a catch 22 imo.

Aww not true, 1 client did come from one of the forums (probably here).

But still, with a hectic schedule as it is (i.e. fulltime work, part time business looking to go full time as client base increases, studies, health needs & home-life), how can it be done effectively without outsourcing?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.