Home – New Forums Tech talk How to market to Internet Marketers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    DavidThomas
    • Total posts: 265
    Up
    ::

Hey guys,

I’m currently working on a service which gives your a local phone number and unique email address for the purpose of tracking leads (on landing pages, etc).

Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction:

• what this service is called (if it currently exists)
    • any suggested advertising locations
    Stephen Forde
    • Total posts: 53
    Up

Wouldn’t it just be easier to set up different conversion rules in Analytics.

i.e.

User lands on Page A >

Views hidden number = conversion
    Completes form = conversion

You could set up seperate thank you pages depending on the landing page.

This would reduce the costs of buying a bunch of phone numbers. Not sure if you want to do that given your business :). I would presonally prefer this model and give each page a code identifier i.e. XHJSIHB > conversion from Page B etc

Otherwise, I found a number of products here https://www.google.com/analytics/apps/results?category=Phone%20Call%20Tracking can’t vouch for them though.

DavidThomas
    Up

I was actually approached by an existing customers who was looking for this specific product, so I didn’t come up with the original idea. It’s in beta now and all my clients friends are also loving it – so I figure I should market it properly!

There is a whole other bunch of features such as call recording, whisper’s, email notifications, end user reports etc. which is a totally different service than just tracking the analytics.

Stephen Forde
    Up

Advertising will be dependent on your budget and without knowing what the actual product is, it would be pretty hard for anyone to tell you.

From what you’ve said so far , my initial PPC search would be directed at phone conversion tracking, quality assurance etc. with specific landing pages to track each campaign. You can build your seo around that. Pretty much stock standard for most campaigns.

If it’s original software I’d be looking at press releases through large websites that concentrate on that stuff. Techcrunch, cnet come to mind but plenty of them put there.

Good luck

DavidThomas
    Up

I’ve just finished putting the details on my website for this one. Any further tips?
    http://www.simpletelecom.com.au/call-and-email-tracking
    and pricing here: http://www.simpletelecom.com.au/pricing-call-and-email-tracking

Stephen Forde
    Up

Is /call-and-email-tracking a landing page for PPC?

Do you have a demo of the back end ? If possible I would add a button (green now) next to Get Started button with View Demo. You could then have a top menu bar within the demo that includes the ready, get started video. Similar to what theme selling websites do.

You may also want to consider including features and benefits. Since you’re at the start of the campaign you could set up an alternative campaign and run them side by side to see which one converts better.

JamesNorquay
    • Total posts: 83
    Up

what this service is called (if it currently exists)

– Call Tracking
    – Call Analytics

any suggested advertising locations

Plenty of companies are doing it two which come to mind are the following:

Jet Interactive
    Delacon
    + a whole host of others.

How to market this serive?

– Promote at industry based events (sponsor events ect)
    – SEO on industry terms.
    – Social targeting on industry groups.
    – Linkedin ads
    – Cold calling agencies (the big companies do this all the time)

AngusP
    Up

I’d be interested in the local phone number. I gather it’s possible to get a phone number via the internet so that it’s not necessarily linked to a particular handset but can be forwarded there. A kind of ‘virtual mobile phone number’?

Cheers

Angus Pryor
    http://www.galwijihomestead.com
    http://www.mysteryshoppingguide.com.au

DavidThomas
    Up

Angus,

Yes, that’s exactly what it is. Its just a 3rd party phone number that you list on the advertisement. Then you configure that number to connect to wherever you need.

Then it gives you reports of the usage etc.

You can follow the links on previous post to signup if your interested.

AngusP
    Up

thanks, interesting

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.