Home – New Forums Marketing mastery How to promote a website in 2022

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Marcus98
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

When I got my own website, I calmly exhaled and thought that the hardest part was over and began to wait for the first visitors, but it was not there. It is not enough just to develop a website, it still needs to be constantly promoted. I heard that the most effective promotion method is backlinks. But they say that it is even more effective to place multi-level links, they inspire more trust and bring even more results. Can you tell me which promotion method to choose?

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,384
    Up

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo @marcus98. It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting.

Cheers
    ~Paul

DNova
    Participant
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

Hi @marcus98,

The most cost-effective way to get relevant visitors to your website, is by configuring it to be found in Google Search by people searching for what you offer.

“Backlinks” are just a small part of what’s needed to have your website rank well in search results, and having developed, owned and operated dozens of websites that rank on page one of search results, I can tell you that “Referral Traffic” makes up a very small portion of the visitors your website will receive.

“Referral Traffic”, is visitors that come to your website from a backlink on another website – like a Yellow Pages directory listing, a link in a forum post, or a link in an article that points to your website as an additional resource.

Backlinks are important, as they signal to Google that your website is ‘trusted’ by the website doing the linking. However, you could have one thousand backlinks and still not rank on page one of search, because your website lacks many other important ranking factors.

If you’d like an idea on why your website isn’t attracting visitors, send me a private message with your website address and email, and I’ll take a quick look and let you know what you can do to improve things.

Regards,
    DNova

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.