Home – New Forums Tech talk How to say bye bye to SEO with one phone call?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up
    ::
    JohnSheppard, post: 87317 wrote:
    Thanks Gab. I guess thats all the questions I have for now lol…

I have read some seth goddin blog but not much else…purple cow sounds like a pretty good theory. I don’t think being an expert in one area is the only way to be purple cow though. (ie you could be a project manager)…hmm but I guess that’d be your expertise…yeah ok purple cow guy wins…

Seems to me the Internet being so competitive is to niche down good and hard.

you are right, you don’t need to be expert in just one area to be a purple cow. I choose 1 because I’m pretty sure more than 1 is just to much to tackle….

Look an Apple: A purple cow …. one of the best ones.. experts in so many cool things that it’s difficult to point one ;)

websitedesigner
    • Total posts: 917
    Up

Hi gab this is great advice, if only I could take it myself. My problem is I get bored doing the same thing. Once I get good at something I’m no longer interested in it ha.

DigitalDomination
    • Total posts: 184
    Up
    seocourse, post: 87266 wrote:
    Hi John (gosh so many amazing Johns here.. it’s difficult to keep track :D )

I’m a bit of Seth Godin fan and I believe you need to become that purple cow that makes people stop in the middle of the road to look at.
    (I don’t know if you know the theory of the purple cow)

that’s why I love experts in 1 thing, instead of multi-experts.. and I try to just do one thing, instead of being good (or mediocre) in 25 things at the same time.

I used to do WP sites… and I quickly realized in this forum there are 1000 designers that k*ck ass providing sites (example: Dan and Aidan)

I used to offer hosting to my clients… and I quickly realized that I’m not a hosting provider… and in case of serious hosting problems, I have no idea what to do.

I used to offer split testing and then I deal with a split testing company to found out that I had no idea of what to test and how to analyze the data.

Therefor I stick with 1 thing… and by sticking with 1 thing, I can network with more cool people that are good in other things that I seriously suck.

So it’s good… lol

This sounds like you could have had a business but decided to be self employed instead?

seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up
    DigitalDomination, post: 88375 wrote:
    This sounds like you could have had a business but decided to be self employed instead?

What?

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up
    seocourse, post: 88379 wrote:
    What?
    Hi Gab,
    Who is this guy?

He is popping up all over FS.

I will be the first to appologise if he is genuine.

Here is my post to the last comment I saw: http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/search-engines-etc/15568-benefit-closing-comments-2.html.

Regs,

DigitalDomination
    Up
    seocourse, post: 88379 wrote:
    What?

I was simply saying that you know a lot of areas relating to online business, and that’s the key ingredient for a business owner to grow a business. You don’t need to be an expert in everything, but hire experts and know what your key goals and drivers are and give them the leadership required to run and grow the business.

Many ‘experts’ are more comfortable being excellent at what they do, and instead work as employees or as sole traders rather than grow a business for themselves employing others to leverage their time. <-- which is what you've done. But i think you sound like you've got the skillset to do the former.

DigitalDomination
    Up
    JohnW, post: 88393 wrote:
    Hi Gab,
    Who is this guy?

He is popping up all over FS.

I will be the first to appologise if he is genuine.

Here is my post to the last comment I saw: http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/search-engines-etc/15568-benefit-closing-comments-2.html.

Regs,

My name is Steve, John. I’m not sure what you mean by genuine but I can assure you most people think I am.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.